British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

The match should be re-run but the Aces should start the meeting with a - 15 handicap but let Zagar and Zetterstrom ride as it's not good for crowds.

Zagar 8 + Zetterstrom 6.63 = 14.63 and round it up to 15.

Edited by Jepsen Jensen Fan Club

Give Poole a 75-0, I'm bored of this now. I know Holder gets a nose bleed coming north of Birmingham anyway the whinging git.

To be fair we southerners all get a bleeding nose coming up to your sh*^ty little northern track. Tried it once and won't do it again.

Looking forward to coming to the new one though.

If it wasn't flooded at the time why would he take a photo of every part of the track?

The picture that Holder posted was of the Start straight not the part that was allegedly flooded, so his picture has no baring on this topic.

All these would be punishments will be voted for by the very same promoters who some have done dodgy things in the past, therefore will be voting for their own punishments in the future.

Speedway needs an independent body and until it does these dodgy tricks or whatever we call them will carry on.

Belle Vue have removed the apology from the official site... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try looking harder.

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=903

The picture that Holder posted was of the Start straight not the part that was allegedly flooded, so his picture has no baring on this topic.

All these would be punishments will be voted for by the very same promoters who some have done dodgy things in the past, therefore will be voting for their own punishments in the future.

Speedway needs an independent body and until it does these dodgy tricks or whatever we call them will carry on.

Try looking harder.

http://www.bellevuea...tem.aspx?id=903

Not true actually - the investigation is by the SCB (not the BSPA) into the circumstances of the cancellation/postponement!

Not true actually - the investigation is by the SCB (not the BSPA) into the circumstances of the cancellation/postponement!

same wolf, different coat.

What exactly are the rules regarding postponement?

What are you wittering about now. It should now be apparent even to an Aces apologist like yourself that this wasnt postponed for legitimate reasons and was a cynical attempt to cheat. Teams in the past having refused to ride have seen matches lost 75/0 (or whatever score the system of the day allows) The Aces themselves walked out of a match at Hull many years ago and the home team rode on to a succession of 5/0 scores. Of course Poole were denied that opportunity by blatant cheating but it can, and should be awarded retrospectively as a 75/0 victory to Poole and the 4 league points given to them

It is a total nonsense to suggest that the points should be given to Poole! This would also penalise the other league teams who had no involvement in this debacle. If found guilty by the SCB (no not the poster of that name) then the promotion at Belle Vue should suffer a severe financial penalty. This results in the correct people being punished & not the Belle Vue fans, who had no part in the decision. Any Poole fans, who can prove that they travelled to the meeting, should have any reasonable costs re-imbursed from the fine that the promotion suffer!

• Like 4

I would always want to see matches raced. However, it looks as if BV would have had to race without their heat leaders, as per the rules. Althought things could happen I do believe the result would have gone Pooles way and they would have gained 4 points.

If the match is rerun should BV be allowed to gain by racing with all their heat leaders?

View and reasons please.

I would always want to see matches raced. However, it looks as if BV would have had to race without their heat leaders, as per the rules. Althought things could happen I do believe the result would have gone Pooles way and they would have gained 4 points.

If the match is rerun should BV be allowed to gain by racing with all their heat leaders?

View and reasons please.

Already given in above post, it favours Poole against other league sides who were not involved. Poole gain 4 points & 75 points in for column without having raced. Other league sides going to Belle Vue have no chance of getting 75 race points in their for column. This could be important at the season's end, if any clubs finish equal on points with Poole. No sorry it has to be a large financial penalty to be fair to all other league sides.

It is a total nonsense to suggest that the points should be given to Poole! This would also penalise the other league teams who had no involvement in this debacle. If found guilty by the SCB (no not the poster of that name) then the promotion at Belle Vue should suffer a severe financial penalty. This results in the correct people being punished & not the Belle Vue fans, who had no part in the decision. Any Poole fans, who can prove that they travelled to the meeting, should have any reasonable costs re-imbursed from the fine that the promotion suffer!

Don't agree, poole should get all 4 points. BV admitted they should not have called the meeting off, therefore its the same as admitting liability. I agree with your point re poole fans should be re-embursed, providing they have reliavant receipts.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Already given in above post, it favours Poole against other league sides who were not involved. Poole gain 4 points & 75 points in for column without having raced. Other league sides going to Belle Vue have no chance of getting 75 race points in their for column. This could be important at the season's end, if any clubs finish equal on points with Poole. No sorry it has to be a large financial penalty to be fair to all other league sides.

sorry, but not answered. On the day BV would have not had three heat leaders because 1 injured bu for whom rRNA applies but two missed flights so only PL replacements allowed.

This is the same as Magic missing the flights when Poole were at Eastborne.

Explain your argument on these facts not as anyone would like. It would have been exactly the same as if Swindon were due to ride at BV on that day.

Await your reply.

42-48 Poole get max points,either way i couldn't give a monkeys.Don't know why everyone is still arguing about it.

It certainly makes grim reading if the allegation are true. Sitting in their ivory tower with the whiter than white attitude makes the potential fall from grace have a greater impact. I think having a big club like Belle Vue join the rest when it comes to dodgy dealings could ultimately do the sport some good. Sure it goes on, I myself have traveled across the country or wasted a days holiday only to see a meeting cancelled in said dodgy circumstance. If this stops it happening then its some kind of silver lining.

I said a few years ago how long before The Aces join in with the rest and get sick of the nice guys finish last tag. I thought they would continue on to the new stadium with their heads held high and the chance to come good in the manner we're accustomed to. If we're now no different from the rest where does that leave the sport?

As to a punishment should the allegation be true, it's a tough one. Fine them with the money going to those who ended up out of pocket and not some SCB/BSPA pot. Points awarded or taken off is tricky as it effects other clubs who had nothing to do with the fixture.

Something will happen and there will be not whitewash primarily due to the fact it involves Belle Vue. We've never strayed off the straight and narrow before mainly due to our culture, but also because we would never be afforded the flexibility with the rules that other tracks seem to enjoy.

Cautiously looking forward to the tribunal findings

• Like 2

sorry, but not answered. On the day BV would have not had three heat leaders because 1 injured bu for whom rRNA applies but two missed flights so only PL replacements allowed.

This is the same as Magic missing the flights when Poole were at Eastborne.

Explain your argument on these facts not as anyone would like. It would have been exactly the same as if Swindon were due to ride at BV on that day.

Await your reply.

Would take exactly the same attitude if it was Swindon or any other side, sure you might have got 4 points but you would not have scored 75 race points. there is nothing guaranteed in speedway. You are not to know whether there might have been an accident to a Poole rider, engine failures etc. This is a typical Poole mentality, they are unbeatable are they not! So how come you are in your present league position? I can not understand why you think you should be given the points!

Would take exactly the same attitude if it was Swindon or any other side, sure you might have got 4 points but you would not have scored 75 race points. there is nothing guaranteed in speedway. You are not to know whether there might have been an accident to a Poole rider, engine failures etc. This is a typical Poole mentality, they are unbeatable are they not! So how come you are in your present league position? I can not understand why you think you should be given the points!

You assume far too much. You assume I am a Poole fan when actually I am a speedway fan and usually go to Somerset,Plymouth and sometimes to Poole or Swindon. I agree about the 75 - 0 but stand by my original thoughts stand.

I am sorry to say your attitude leaves a great deal to be desired and slagging off people does not help.