British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

And who do think runs the SCB, Harkess & CVS.

Actually Graham Reeve runs the SCB on a day-to-day basis alongside administrator Nikki Jameison under the chairmanship of Ted Bartlett.

The ACU and BSPA then nominate 2 members each to complete the board.

Edited by John Leslie
  • Like 2

So, Monday morning and still nothing official on the SCB, BSPA , BV or Poole websites. The 'story' in the MEN hasn't been picked up in the Bournemouth Echo!! So the question now is 'Who is Aaron Flanagan?' and does he have any connection with BV?

It's a bit like nothing being done about riders cheating with dodgy dirt deflectors isn't it?

You are correct... IF this is/was indeed taking place.

So, Monday morning and still nothing official on the SCB, BSPA , BV or Poole websites. The 'story' in the MEN hasn't been picked up in the Bournemouth Echo!! So the question now is 'Who is Aaron Flanagan?' and does he have any connection with BV?

A bit like nothing being done when Poole were caught average manipulating & every one at Poole said they were "not guilty". Yes, I know that there was an inquiry but only those associated with Poole were interviewed. Imagine a court case where only the defendants were questioned, you wouldn't get many "GUILTY" verdicts!

I think the MEN was a bit premature with there article as now it says we are to go in front of a panel from the SCB to give some answers so the SCB can give out appropiate punishment.

So it's no over yet Poole fans

I think the MEN was a bit premature with there article as now it says we are to go in front of a panel from the SCB to give some answers so the SCB can give out appropiate punishment.

So it's no over yet Poole fans

Certainly not, we have nothing against the BV fans, but this has a few more miles to run. I hope the SCB have in front of them the evidence that says they, BV were wrong to call off the meeting, which has been put in writing!!! All four points to Poole no re-staging and Poole Fans with fuel and Hotel receipts for the day/night compensated... There, done...

Edited by Starman2006

RICHARD Frost, former MEN employee and BV's Press Officer, is on taking a two-week break. I believe Aaron is on the MEN staff and standing in for Richard.

Belle Vue have a fine tradition of doing things in the correct manner, we are the club everyone can look up to in terms of honesty and integrity. We accept the rules and decisions even when sometimes there appears to be an error. If we need to question authority we do it through the appropriate channels.

When the meeting was postponed I was very disappointed and, based on details posted on this thread, it did appear to be more than a little odd. Once Belle Vue issued the statement and apology it became clear that there was no deliberate wrong doing and a simple mistake had been made which could only be revealed with the benefit of hindsight.

I accepted the apology because I believe Dave Gordon and Chris Morton MBE to be honest men but in the circumstances an inquiry was correct.

While it may be difficult for some of the thicker members of this forum to accept the decision it should always be the case that any judgement is based on facts and not conjecture based on some of the garbage posted as facts on this and other forums by unreliable people.

Lets see who is big enough to 'man up' and admit they were wrong to accuse Belle Vue of lying?

I'm not holding my breath.

Given how the MEN is now reporting the upcoming gathering of SCB and Belle Vue officials, would you be proud to be ...

1) among the "thicker members of this forum" ?

2) someone who gushed out the quoted post above in celebration of a "decision" that hasn't actually taken place yet ?

• Like 3

Given how the MEN is now reporting the upcoming gathering of SCB and Belle Vue officials, would you be proud to be ...

1) among the "thicker members of this forum" ?

2) someone who gushed out the quoted post above in celebration of a "decision" that hasn't actually taken place yet ?

Celebration, its not a celebration, justice needs to be seen to be done, after all they did admit they were wrong to call off the meeting. Its a dam long way from Poole to Manchester. Several poole riders were there and fans from Poole had made the long trip, even your Dave Gordon saw the said Poole fans leave the Hotel to go to the track... And poole the club, its riders and fans quite rightly, should feel agreived. As i said, all four points to poole, no re-staging and poole fans with Fuel and Hotel Reciepts compensated. Done finished put to bed...

My apologies to Starman2006 ... maybe my previous post should've included the info that my question was specifically aimed at "Drop a cog" because if you check back a few pages in this thread, you'll see I strongly believe Belle Vue should be punished for the farce a fortnight ago.

Edited by arthur cross

My apologies to Starman2006 ... maybe my previous post should've included the info that my question was specifically aimed at "Drop a cog" because if you check back a few pages in this thread, you'll see I strongly believe Belle Vue should be punished for the farce a fortnight ago.

Thats ok mate, not a problem..

....and for this article, nobody - not even Aaron - is taking responsibility for it!!!!!!!! :P

RICHARD Frost, former MEN employee and BV's Press Officer, is on taking a two-week break. I believe Aaron is on the MEN staff and standing in for Richard.

THEN he should learn to check his facts and check, check and check again like any decent journalist!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Anyone seen Drop a Cog ?