British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WembleyLion

Mildenhall Vs Coventry Sunday 28 April

Coventry looked like the missed Jacobs, would of been closer if he was there I think

Coventry looked like the missed Jacobs, would of been closer if he was there I think

Coventry looked like they missed Jacobs, would of been closer if he was there I think

As a complete neutral regarding both teams, this meeting had just about everything, and it's just a shame one team had to lose.

It proved to me, as if I didn't already know anyway, what a lot of outstanding young British talent there is on the scene at the moment, and I just hope that one day, the way to move up is made easier for them, which it is slowly.

Josh Bates for Mildenhall is coming on a bomb, and I was pleasantly surprised with young Martin Knuckey for Coventry too.

Apart from the odd one or two over excited Fen Tigers fans around me (I think the ale was doing a lot of the talking), supporters from both teams seemed to enjoy the efforts put in by not only their own clubs, but those of their rivals, which is nice to see, and how it should be.

I don't know what the official attendance figures were, but it looked far higher than what Rye House get in the Premier League, so the management are obviously doing something right at West Row, and long may it continue.

Hope that Stefan Nielsen is okay after his terrifying coming together with Robert Branford at the conclusion of Heat 15. I know the Fen Tigers fans gave the British U21 Champion a lot of stick on the first/second bend, but to me it was nothing more than a last bend to tapes finish by two comitted riders, giving it there all. Nothing dirty or dishonest, just true good competitve racing.

Good luck to both clubs for the remainder of the season, and no one will be more delighted than me, if you finish the campaign in second and third places respectively behind ...............KIng's Lynn ;) Happy Days.

• Like 3

Also as a neutral I must say that was the most enjoyable meeting I have seen this season, I have to agree that we do have some young British talent coming through. Was really impressed with Josh Bates, even after two big crashes on the first bend he still showed determination to win the re-run.

I never seen so many crashes in one meeting, gladly everyone seemed ok, which I think just shows how determine the riders were.

I am looking forward to my next visit, would recommend National League racing to anyone who hasn't been to see this standard of racing. I absolutely loved it!

• Like 2

I enjoyed the meeting and it was good to catch up with friends.

The racing improved as the meeting went on, I thought initially some of the riders struggled with the grip on the track but overall a very good meeting. The storm lads did very well and I was hoping that they were going to hold on to at least a point. As pointed out above it might have been closer had Jacobs been able to ride.

Coventry deserved something out of the meeting and Martin Knucky looks a good prospect for them

• Like 1

It is really nice to see positive comments on this forum instead of negative ones towards the racing and riders. We do have some very talented young riders in the national league who obviously want to progress and a good meeting that the fans enjoy gives them the confidence they deserve and recognition.

I wasn't able to be present at Mildenhall yesterday to support our Cornish rider Martin Knuckey but the updates and forum comments said it all, good racing and well supported.

• Like 1