British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Isle Of Wight V Stoke (ch) 30/4

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, can you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

No-one?

Still looking for a texter....

61 - 32 home win , now that is a surprise !

Long hard season for Stoke I'm afraid

61 - 32 home win , now that is a surprise !

Long hard season for Stoke I'm afraid

To be honest mate, you aint gonna be the only Team to take a Ommering down on the Island, dont know how young Ellis has done, but he is without a doubt, the best reserve in the League, and capable of beating ANY rider in this League.

• Like 1

To be honest mate, you aint gonna be the only Team to take a Ommering down on the Island, dont know how young Ellis has done, but he is without a doubt, the best reserve in the League, and capable of beating ANY rider in this League.

Yes it's having strong reserves that can make huge differences at this level - it was the same for us 2 years ago, when we had Sarge and Readey down at reserve.

Barring any injuries, IOW look unstoppable atm, but it's a long season, and things have a habit of unravelling in the play-offs - and the best team of the year don't always win - like it did for us 2 years ago and Dudley last year

It is far too early in the season for any rash predictions to be made by any club / supporter,

Most certainly the Wightlink Islanders have shown in their opening two matches winning away by 20pts at Buxton and 61-31 at home against Stoke last night, that they will be a force to be reckoned with in this year's NL.

No news yet on a permanent replacement for the unfortunate Byron Bekker who was at the track last night but Jake Anderson who deputised last night only dropped one point in five rides!

RESULT and SCORERS (in riding order 1 to 7) FROM LAST NIGHT'S MATCH:

WIGHTLINK SHIELD - 1st LEG

WIGHTLINK ISLANDERS 61: Tom Perry 9+1, Danny Stoneman 8+1, Ben Hopwood 8+2, Darryl Ritchings 7, Jake Anderson 11+3, Adam Ellis 13+1, Brandon Freemantle 5+1

STOKE 31: Lee Smart 4, Ben Reade, 3, Luke Chessel (rider replacement), Luke Priest 8, Kyle Hughes 12, Shaun Tedham 2+1, Chris Widman 2+1

It is far too early in the season for any rash predictions to be made by any club / supporter,

Most certainly the Wightlink Islanders have shown in their opening two matches winning away by 20pts at Buxton and 61-31 at home against Stoke last night, that they will be a force to be reckoned with in this year's NL.

No news yet on a permanent replacement for the unfortunate Byron Bekker who was at the track last night but Jake Anderson who deputised last night only dropped one point in five rides!

RESULT and SCORERS (in riding order 1 to 7) FROM LAST NIGHT'S MATCH:

WIGHTLINK SHIELD - 1st LEG

WIGHTLINK ISLANDERS 61: Tom Perry 9+1, Danny Stoneman 8+1, Ben Hopwood 8+2, Darryl Ritchings 7, Jake Anderson 11+3, Adam Ellis 13+1, Brandon Freemantle 5+1

STOKE 31: Lee Smart 4, Ben Reade, 3, Luke Chessel (rider replacement), Luke Priest 8, Kyle Hughes 12, Shaun Tedham 2+1, Chris Widman 2+1

Bryn, not getting carried away, but we up here in Heathen land, can see the potential in your team, and if you get get Ando, whose average is i believe a high 6, 6.85 or 6.95 then you will take some beating, he has a higher away average than he does home average, bcuz he never took to the Monmore Track, i dont see anyone stopping you on the island, and away, you will give everyone a run for there money, bcuz you have a certain Master Ellis down at reserve. Good luck guys, cant wait to see ya up at Monmore wood.

is jake a iow rider or just a one off anyone ?

Jake isn't a full-time Isle of Wight rider, at least yet, he was guesting in place of the injured Byron Bekker. Whether he will be signed, I couldn't say.

i dont think he is elligable for national league

Never stopped other clubs before... ;)

I am hearing that Jake has been blocked, possibly on the grounds that he has ridden in the Australian Championships, now if there is NO NL ruling stating that specifically, then i am thinking Jake is still elegible to ride NL as he has Scottish relatives, and if i was IOW i would be looking to get some guidance from a on this, because as most of us know, most NL rules are made up as they go along.

Edited by greyhoundp

yes thats what i thought he had riden in austrailian championship so rightly so makes him not elegible for the national league

Somewhere in the NL section it has been said that TWO teams wanted Jake this year but were refused the right to use him due to riding in the Australian Nationals which makes him a full Australian with GB partiality. So unless someone at the BSPA changes their mind, he can not ride at all in the NL, he can only appear in the PL or EL..