British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

Coventry 19 Leicester 17 Mdl Kocup (41-31 On Agg)

CITY GEARBOXES VIKINGS = 19

1. John Markham 2*, 3, F, N = 5+1

2. Cam Hoskins 3,2,X, N = 5

3. R/R - Nick Mallett

4. James Shanes 2*,2, 3, 2 = 9+1

LEICESTER LION CUBS = 17

1. Jez Pestell R, 3, 3, = 6

2. Freddie Owen 1, 1, 1* = 3+1

3. Ben Holloway 0, 1, 1 = 2

4. Lee Springthorpe 1, 3, 2 = 6

Vikings win 41 - 31 on aggregate

Ht 1: Hoskins, Markham, Owen, Pestell ®.

HT 2: Markham, Shanes, Springthorpe, Holloway

HT 3: Springthorpe, Hoskins, Holloway, Markham (f)

HT 4: Pestell, Shanes, Owen, Hoskins (f)

HT 5: Shanes, Springthorpe, Owen, Hoskins (ns)

HT 6: Pestell, Shanes, Holloway, Markham (ns)

The City Gearboxes Ltd Vikings are through to the semi finals of the MDL KO cup after a solid team effort from a depleted team at Brandon last night beating the Leicester Lion cubs 19 - 17 on the night and 41 - 31 on aggregate.

Top scores for the Vikings was 16 year old James Shanes who scored 9 plus 1 including a heat win and coming a very close 2nd in his other 3 outings showing what huge potential he has for the future. New Viking recruit John Markham put on a solid show with 5 points but the biggest smile in the pits was on the face of young Cam Hoskins who recorded his first ever heat win at MDL level. The Leicester team did not go down without a fight and were led by the in form Jez Pestell with solid back up from the ever improving Lee Springthorpe. Next up for the Vikings will be a home league encounter this Friday against the reigning league champions MK knights

Hey Lorro, dont forget to remind Mick, next time he needs a win, Im the Lucky mascot :wink: . Watch out I will be telling The Heathens to keep an eye on James hahaha. Still dont know why we didnt enter either the MDL or the NL Trophy..

Edited by greyhoundp

CITY GEARBOXES VIKINGS = 19

1. John Markham 2*, 3, F, N = 5+1

2. Cam Hoskins 3,2,X, N = 5

3. R/R - Nick Mallett

4. James Shanes 2*,2, 3, 2 = 9+1

LEICESTER LION CUBS = 17

1. Jez Pestell R, 3, 3, = 6

2. Freddie Owen 1, 1, 1* = 3+1

3. Ben Holloway 0, 1, 1 = 2

4. Lee Springthorpe 1, 3, 2 = 6

Vikings win 41 - 31 on aggregate

Ht 1: Hoskins, Markham, Owen, Pestell ®.

HT 2: Markham, Shanes, Springthorpe, Holloway

HT 3: Springthorpe, Hoskins, Holloway, Markham (f)

HT 4: Pestell, Shanes, Owen, Hoskins (f)

HT 5: Shanes, Springthorpe, Owen, Hoskins (ns)

HT 6: Pestell, Shanes, Holloway, Markham (ns)

The City Gearboxes Ltd Vikings are through to the semi finals of the MDL KO cup after a solid team effort from a depleted team at Brandon last night beating the Leicester Lion cubs 19 - 17 on the night and 41 - 31 on aggregate.

Top scores for the Vikings was 16 year old James Shanes who scored 9 plus 1 including a heat win and coming a very close 2nd in his other 3 outings showing what huge potential he has for the future. New Viking recruit John Markham put on a solid show with 5 points but the biggest smile in the pits was on the face of young Cam Hoskins who recorded his first ever heat win at MDL level. The Leicester team did not go down without a fight and were led by the in form Jez Pestell with solid back up from the ever improving Lee Springthorpe. Next up for the Vikings will be a home league encounter this Friday against the reigning league champions MK knights

Thanks for posting those in depth results Mr USA, I just wish that all clubs would provide such an excellent service, rather than just the odd one or two who do.

A couple of questions mate, weren't the City Gearbox Vikings originally listed to ride a MDL at King's Lynn tonight? When is now going to take place?

Did Coventry stage their round of the MDL Grand Prix on the 26th April, if they did, do you have the results please?

Thanks and keep up that good work.

Regards

Mr Norfolk

Mr Norfolk ... didn't get chance to say hello last night at KL.

The GP round has been moved to a new TBA date.

MDL at KL is next Weds meaning my third trip on the trot to my old stamping ground !!

I am behind with MDL work due to USA commitments --off to Italy today to look after Gino at Lonigo!!

Edited by Main Man

Mr Norfolk ... didn't get chance to say hello last night at KL.

The GP round has been moved to a new TBA date.

MDL at KL is next Weds meaning my third trip on the trot to my old stamping ground !!

I am behind with MDL work due to USA commitments --off to Italy today to look after Gino at Lonigo!!

Thanks, and mind those Italian girls, they like wealthy mens bums!!