British Speedway Forum

He pulled out because he didn't feel it was right to race a year after #RICO death. He said his head and heart wouldn't be in it so he pulled out

Could have gone and tried to win it in the memory of Rico? ;)

• Like 1

Could have gone and tried to win it in the memory of Rico? ;)

Yes probably but I suppose people deal with grief differently

• Like 1

As it's a year to the day I agree with both Starman and Gavan - a one minutes silence would show that people still care one year on.

As for the British Final, it's become a little bit insignificant now.

Good Luck to all in the British Final, but who really gives 'a toss now'.. :sad:

Me for one ! I can't recall the last time, if ever, Wolves have had the British Champion.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this one tonight hopefully its a woofy woofy woofy moment hes got to do it this year dont think anyones capable of stopping tai not on this form.

Lets just hope there isn't any nasty riding against Woffy tonight - we've seen what Harris and Nicholls can be like in this meeting - last year was a good example

• Like 1

This is Woffendens biggest chance to date to be British Champion, he has to take the bull by the Horns and go for it... Best wishes also go to our Kyle Howorth..

The man with the Australian flag tattooed on his back favourite for the British final.

Only in speedway!

• Like 1

Howarth score was 4.

Kyle Howarth (Poole/Workington) - X, 3, 1, 0, FX = 4

X,3,1,2,X = 6

Check the official scorecard on the SCB website.

This is Woffendens biggest chance to date to be British Champion, he has to take the bull by the Horns and go for it... Best wishes also go to our Kyle Howorth..

Pity you can't spell either of their names.
  • Like 1

Pity you can't spell either of their names.

Nevermind, spelling Names has never been my greatest asset. Lets just call it Tai and Kyle and be done with it..

Nevermind, spelling Names has never been my greatest asset. Lets just call it Tai and Kyle and be done with it..

He knew who you meant, it shouldn't have been an issue for him ................. but :wink:

Garrity now riding replacing Stuart Robson who's withdrew with foot injury sustained yesterday

Really pleased with this. He's good round wolves so may sneak a semi spot

Me for one ! I can't recall the last time, if ever, Wolves have had the British Champion.

Have had that conversation in previous years with the club's eminent historian and I think the conclusion was that Wolves have never been able to lay claim to the British title holder. Yet they've had five of the last eight under-21 winners (assets Haines and Woffinden twice each and, perhaps a bit of a stretch, Ben Wilson was doubling up at Monmore when he won in 2006).

Garrity now riding replacing Stuart Robson who's withdrew with foot injury sustained yesterday

Really pleased with this. He's good round wolves so may sneak a semi spot

Thought Garrity rode really well in the U21 at Monmore; seems to have kept the speed and shed some of the rougher edges of his riding (these words could come back to haunt me if he wipes out Woffinden inside a lap!).