British Speedway Forum

BRITISH FINAL LINE-UP: Craig Cook (Belle Vue/Edinburgh), Olly Allen (Coventry/Rye House), Richie Worrall (King’s Lynn/Newcastle), Chris Schramm (Plymouth), Stuart Robson (Coventry/Newcastle), Tai Woffinden (Wolverhampton), Scott Nicholls (Coventry), Ben Barker (Birmingham/Ipswich), James Wright (Glasgow), Ashley Birks (Swindon/Scunthorpe), Chris Harris (Birmingham), Danny King (Birmingham), Richard Hall (Sheffield), Josh Auty (Birmingham/Scunthorpe), Edward Kennett (Swindon), Simon Stead (King’s Lynn/Sheffield). Reserves: Joe Haines (Sheffield), Kyle Howarth (Poole/Workington).

Hope there is a minutes silence or something done to mark the first anniversary of Rico's death. Fans are being asked on twitter to make Wolves white with their Rico tops.

Tai has to be fave this year to win

Woffinden, Harris, Kennett and Cook for me.

Woffinden King Kennett Nicholls

with Harris and Cook the other semi finalists

Jem Doncaster, Paul Thorp, Sean Wilson, Dave Mullett for me

You do realise they werent smarties you just had dont you!!
  • Like 2

See the British final has captured the attention on here !! Think the usual suspects will be there or there abouts. Tai is head and shoulders the favourite and if it was 20 heats then yes but you don't know what might happen, he could fall, ef or you never know somebody might beat him. Scott's form has improved, Bomber can never be written off and it will be some final heat as there will be Scores to settle with the bsi's wild card option.

Woofy, Nicholls, Harris,

2002 Scott Nicholls Lee Richardson David Howe 2003 Scott Nicholls Dean Barker David Norris 2004 Joe Screen David Norris Mark Loram 2005 Scott Nicholls Chris Harris Joe Screen 2006 Scott Nicholls Joe Screen Simon Stead 2007 Chris Harris David Howe Scott Nicholls 2008 Scott Nicholls Edward Kennett Tai Woffinden 2009 Chris Harris Edward Kennett Tai Woffinden 2010 Chris Harris Scott Nicholls Ben Barker 2011 Scott Nicholls Chris Harris Tai Woffinden 2012 Scott Nicholls Chris Harris Tai Woffinden

Only Joe Screen in 2004 has broken the run of Nicholls and Harris since 2002 with this years hot favourite, Tai Woffinden finishing third four times in the last five years but this HAS to be his year for the first of many. It's just a shame that the Cardiff Wild Card isn't up for grabs as I think this could be the first year where the British Champion ISN'T riding at Cardiff if Tai or Bomber dont lift the title.

Always like to see Robbo do well at Wolves but think Eddie Kennett could be the one to really challenge Tai as he goes well at Monmore while Daniel King will be surely up there in the top six.

1 - Craig Cook

2 - Olly Allen

3 - Richie Worrall

4 - Chris Schramm

5 - Stuart Robson

6 - Tai Woffinden

7 - Scott Nicholls

8 - Ben Barker

9 - James Wright

10 - Ashley Birks

11 - Chris Harris

12 - Danny King

13 - Richard Hall

14 - Josh Auty

15 - Edward Kennett

16 - Simon Stead

Reserves: Joe Haines , Kyle Howarth

MY GUESS; ........... 1st - TAI WOFFINDEN beating Nicholls, Kennett and King with Harris and Robson losing out in the semi's

As for the suggestion of a minutes silence for Rico ...... No disrespect, but we dont have a minute's silence for Peter Craven who was British Champion when he died and neither should we for Rico. Both sad losses to the sport and both will be remembered.

Edited by T.N.T.

BRITISH FINAL LINE-UP: Craig Cook (Belle Vue/Edinburgh), Olly Allen (Coventry/Rye House), Richie Worrall (King's Lynn/Newcastle), Chris Schramm (Plymouth), Stuart Robson (Coventry/Newcastle), Tai Woffinden (Wolverhampton), Scott Nicholls (Coventry), Ben Barker (Birmingham/Ipswich), James Wright (Glasgow), Ashley Birks (Swindon/Scunthorpe), Chris Harris (Birmingham), Danny King (Birmingham), Richard Hall (Sheffield), Josh Auty (Birmingham/Scunthorpe), Edward Kennett (Swindon), Simon Stead (King's Lynn/Sheffield). Reserves: Joe Haines (Sheffield), Kyle Howarth (Poole/Workington).

Hope there is a minutes silence or something done to mark the first anniversary of Rico's death. Fans are being asked on twitter to make Wolves white with their Rico tops.

Tai has to be fave this year to win

I looked yesterday, to see if there had been a thread for this meeting......

For me, the shine was removed from this meeting, when the wildcard was announced a few weeks ago...

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

Minutes silence wasnt suggested cos Lee was a British Rider, its because it was on this date last year that he died.

2002 Scott Nicholls Lee Richardson David Howe 2003 Scott Nicholls Dean Barker David Norris 2004 Joe Screen David Norris Mark Loram 2005 Scott Nicholls Chris Harris Joe Screen 2006 Scott Nicholls Joe Screen Simon Stead 2007 Chris Harris David Howe Scott Nicholls 2008 Scott Nicholls Edward Kennett Tai Woffinden 2009 Chris Harris Edward Kennett Tai Woffinden 2010 Chris Harris Scott Nicholls Ben Barker 2011 Scott Nicholls Chris Harris Tai Woffinden 2012 Scott Nicholls Chris Harris Tai Woffinden

Only Joe Screen in 2004 has broken the run of Nicholls and Harris since 2002 with this years hot favourite, Tai Woffinden finishing third four times in the last five years but this HAS to be his year for the first of many. It's just a shame that the Cardiff Wild Card isn't up for grabs as I think this could be the first year where the British Champion ISN'T riding at Cardiff if Tai or Bomber dont lift the title.

Always like to see Robbo do well at Wolves but think Eddie Kennett could be the one to really challenge Tai as he goes well at Monmore while Daniel King will be surely up there in the top six.

1 - Craig Cook

2 - Olly Allen

3 - Richie Worrall

4 - Chris Schramm

5 - Stuart Robson

6 - Tai Woffinden

7 - Scott Nicholls

8 - Ben Barker

9 - James Wright

10 - Ashley Birks

11 - Chris Harris

12 - Danny King

13 - Richard Hall

14 - Josh Auty

15 - Edward Kennett

16 - Simon Stead

Reserves: Joe Haines , Kyle Howarth

MY GUESS; ........... 1st - TAI WOFFINDEN beating Nicholls, Kennett and King with Harris and Robson losing out in the semi's

As for the suggestion of a minutes silence for Rico ...... No disrespect, but we dont have a minute's silence for Peter Craven who was British Champion when he died and neither should we for Rico. Both sad losses to the sport and both will be remembered.

It's the first anniversary of his death, he lost his life on track 13/5/12...that's why!!!

• Like 4

Come on chaps, we have all had the silence and respect for Rico, time to move on now and enjoy your memories of him. I fancy Scotty to pull another win out of the hat, with Cookie in the final as well.

By rights it should be Woffy`s year but I have a feeling and a hope that it wont be .

I can see Kennett doing it this year.

Afterall last year he managed to make final in British Final but had forgot how to ride a bike in the league. Def stronger this year.

Think final could be: Tai, Kennett, Nicholls, Cook

Wont rule out Harris or King though

Edited by mdmc82

Don`t think Kennett will win it, he`ll soon be out-manouvered he just isn`t classy enough he has no finesse

• Like 1