British Speedway Forum

I never understood why people thought Laguta would get a pick, why would they pick him if he still has issues obtaining visas. On talent he should be in but the fact he didnt do the qualifiers may suggest he knows these issues will arise.

Didn't Phil think he might get picked because he would add loads of people on the gate at places like Finland?If you think about it,he could have done all the Gps apart from Cardiff and added more people than Lindgren.He might have stood a good chance of getting in the top 8 without the need to do Cardiff and if he dropped out of that one at the last minute......well what do you know,Chris harris is just down the road with his bikes at the ready.Job done.Everyones happy

Didn't Phil think he might get picked because he would add loads of people on the gate at places like Finland?If you think about it,he could have done all the Gps apart from Cardiff and added more people than Lindgren.He might have stood a good chance of getting in the top 8 without the need to do Cardiff and if he dropped out of that one at the last minute......well what do you know,Chris harris is just down the road with his bikes at the ready.Job done.Everyones happy

Edited by SCB

Theres a first time for everything ! SCB is speechless! wink
  • Like 1

SGP wild cards picks just as I thought that they would be (Page 21 post 306) totally predictable I thought.

If they are going to have picks at least give the U21 World Champion a go like they used to.

To paraphrase Meatloaf.....I took the words right out of his mouth

Not sure I agree. We all said that that Woffy was not up to it a year ago and look what happened! Harris as shown he can, on his day, mix it with the GP boys, and did win a GP, so I don't see any harm him being considered for reserve. Is there more suitable candidates for reserve? More than likely, but to say Harris should not be near a GP is a little unfair

Unfair?? I'm sure many riders who actually QUALIFIED for the Poole GP Round think its unfair that a rider who didn't even manage to quality for the meeting should now be no19 for the main event?

What is the point of doing qualifying rounds in the first place ??

I bet there'd be plenty of complaints if the QR had been in Poland and it was Protasciewicz (for instance) that we were talking about!

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

Same could be said of wild card picks !

Edited by TheReturn

Unfair?? I'm sure many riders who actually QUALIFIED for the Poole GP Round think its unfair that a rider who didn't even manage to quality for the meeting should now be no19 for the main event?

I bet there'd be plenty of complaints if the QR had been in Poland and it was Protasciewicz (for instance) that we were talking about!

So , going by your criterea, the reserves would be Batchelour, Jensen, plus Daniel Nermark. All of which were outperformed by Harris, who scored the same as Smolinski.

So it's a question of Chris Harris or Daniel Nermark.

So , going by your criterea, the reserves would be Batchelour, Jensen, plus Daniel Nermark. All of which were outperformed by Harris, who scored the same as Smolinski.

So it's a question of Chris Harris or Daniel Nermark.

Point is harris should never of been in the gp challenge final after being knocked out ages before it took place.

Yes. But on the night of the GP Challenge final Harris was the better rider, by 3 points. Whether he should have been there is obviously open to debate, but the fact of the matter is that he was there.

Genuine question: I've never seen Nermark ride, and cannot find his average anywhere - is he better than Harris? Becasue to me, it should be a straight choce between the two of them.

Yes. But on the night of the GP Challenge final Harris was the better rider, by 3 points. Whether he should have been there is obviously open to debate, but the fact of the matter is that he was there.

Genuine question: I've never seen Nermark ride, and cannot find his average anywhere - is he better than Harris? Becasue to me, it should be a straight choce between the two of them.

Well it goes without saying we all hope no riders in the top 15 get injured next season and the organisers don't have to resort to bringing in Harris or any of the other reserves. This GP season has been ravaged by injuries, and although we can all but guarantee Harris will feature at Cardiff, with a bit of luck that's the only time we see him at a GP next year.

JT.

Why all the animosity towards Harris?

He was knocked out and yes should have been nowhere near the challenge.

Fact is he was asked to ride and quite rightly took up the offer as he had a chance to maybe get in the gp's

Fact is he did ok in the meeting and is basically a reserve for next years series.

No he shouldnt get a wildcard.

But to keep having a pop at the guy is a bit much do people expect him to turn down the chances?

• Like 1

The sad thing is, in every other respect, Harris would be a popular rider. Against similar opposition he can be wildly exciting and he appears to give his all to whichever team he rides for. Instead of respect for those attributes, like Lindgren, he has become irksome and the subject of ridicule. Shame.
JT.

Why all the animosity towards Harris?

He was knocked out and yes should have been nowhere near the challenge.

Fact is he was asked to ride and quite rightly took up the offer as he had a chance to maybe get in the gp's

Fact is he did ok in the meeting and is basically a reserve for next years series.

No he shouldnt get a wildcard.

But to keep having a pop at the guy is a bit much do people expect him to turn down the chances?

It's exactly the same as people having a pop at Lindgren. If BSI are stupid enough to keep offering these riders Wild Cards, we shouldn't be surprised when those riders accept that charity. That said, It doesn't do the riders reputation any favours, hence why people are so disgruntled I think.

Harris also did himself no favours by moaning about everyone and everything bar himself when he was in the series. You'd have thought after his freakishly fast bike speed at the end of 2010, he would've noted down his set ups etc, but if I remember rightly he changed his team around in the following years and was never got close to matching that form. Quite strange.

I also think five series wild cards is excessive and does portray the riders as spongers more than anything. Shame, as league wise they are seemingly excellent servants. Unless serious injury plays a part, no rider should receive more than two series wild cards in my opinion. If BSI absolutely must have a certain nation in the series, offer it to another rider from that country.

JT.

Edited by JT

Well it goes without saying we all hope no riders in the top 15 get injured next season and the organisers don't have to resort to bringing in Harris or any of the other reserves. This GP season has been ravaged by injuries, and although we can all but guarantee Harris will feature at Cardiff, with a bit of luck that's the only time we see him at a GP next year.

JT.

What a nasty horrible comment. I accept he is inconsistent but at times Harris did show he was capable of mixing it with the best.

• Like 1