British Speedway Forum

No surprise, especially not after Kenni Larsens statement to the local newspaper here where he said that Ole Olsen only gives wild card to "his friends".

Lol. Does he then? i've never really looked at it from that angle.

He wasn't referring to himself but rather in general terms of Ole Olsen methods of picking Wild Cards.

It doesn't matter how good a rider is, if he's not on Ole's "good list" that rider will never receive a wild card.

Who got the WC last year? MJJ why not NKI who was much better then MJJ (still is).

Point noted, i've just seen this after replying to your earlier post and the clarification of friends/'good list' makes a difference, albeit with the same end result you have to be on Ole's list.

That is what I thought as well but apparently Ole have allot of influence over wild cards, especially at Parken.

This was because Ole (according to Kenni) had allot of influence/saying about the wild cards in general

and the wild card to Parken in particular.

I would imagine the hallowed halls of BSI ec are the same as any industry or workplace where regardless of official job titles and jurisdictions most things are settled by an unchallengeable clique lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

REGARDLESS of Ole's influence, perceived or otherwise, difficult to ignore a rider who on his last appearance as a wild card actually won the meeting.

• Like 2

What jurisdiction would Olsen have anyway, OK its a BSI event but they want who they think puts a few on the gate, no way would Olsen over rule that

Olsen runs many things and the bsi are scared of the bloke.

IF the current GP standings were the same at the end of the year, who would you pick as the four wild cards for 2014?

Greg Hancock (if not in the top 8), Andreas Jonsson, Martin Vaculik, Darcy Ward

Top of the Elite League averages, German ace Martin Smolinski would be a good addition to the SGP in 2014.

A German rider in the series would certainly stimulate interest in Germany, and a German SGP at a place like Landshut looks a distinct possibility for the future.

The Schalke Arena in Gelsenkirchen was a huge mistake, much too big and in the wrong part of the country), but a German SGP at one of the regular tracks would surely draw a 10,000 crowd, especially so when Smoli is riding as a regular, and not just as a one-off local wild card .

Would be cool to see GP action in Landshut, but are the german promoters interested to organise such an event ?

With regard to SGP Wildcards next year I am assuming Chris Holder will be fit for Auckland. We haven't received much news where I live in Sydney as to the likley timeframe for his return to racing. Darcy Ward has 4 GP's to qualify for the top 8 and should do it. Gollob to me this year has looked quite disinterested and it wouldn't surprise me if he pulled the pin at season's end. I think Herbie Hancock might keep going. The Swedes look the ones in trouble. Jonsson can't make the top 8 where he currently sits, Lindback is a bit like Gollob, while Lindgren needs to get a wriggle on and qualify on merit. He has been a seeded rider a few times and like Harris will eventually run out of chances. My picks would be Holder, THJ, MJJ and Vaculik.

• Like 1

I a pretty sure now that Greg won't need a wild card for 2014 if he decides to do another year. Darcy should also be able to get himself in by own power rather then via a wild card.

This means that Gollob, Lindgren and the other below him will miss out on top 8 but it depends on how BSI will do if any of the top 8 also qualifies in Poole.

Jonasson deserves a wild card, He's only 24 and has a bigger chance of doing something than Lindgren and Jonsson who are both past it.

THJ's reaching his prime and he's a natural racer, He also has charisma and he brings excitement.

Thomas H Jonasson

Chris Holder

Grigory Laguta

Paweł Przedpełski

Those are my 4 picks providing Greg and Darcy finish in the Top 8

Grigory is ready to challenge, Top 6 I reckon for him at a minimum

Holder is obvious

Pawel is ready to replace Gollob in the series.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

Jonasson deserves a wild card, He's only 24 and has a bigger chance of doing something than Lindgren and Jonsson who are both past it.

THJ's reaching his prime and he's a natural racer, He also has charisma and he brings excitement.

Thomas H Jonasson

Chris Holder

Grigory Laguta

Paweł Przedpełski

Those are my 4 picks providing Greg and Darcy finish in the Top 8

Grigory is ready to challenge, Top 6 I reckon for him at a minimum

Holder is obvious

Pawel is ready to replace Gollob in the series.

I know you're just an internet troll but seriously? Sure Przedpełski is talented and usually really

good at his home track but Janowski or Dudek or Prz Pawlicki would bet better choices.

THJ's reaching his prime and he's a natural racer,

Thomas H Jonasson

Chris Holder

Grigory Laguta

Paweł Przedpełski

How can Freddie be past it. He is still only 27 (birthday in September) and has plenty more to offer, especially next year !!!

This season he has had injuries but he has admittdley gone backwards by picking the wrong race lines, missing gates (nothing new) and imply bad luck. Whle THJ has shown promise, I can't say he is in te same class of rider as Freddie or AJ and one of those should get the wild card for Sweden and most likely it will be Freddie.

We know CHRIS HOLDER will get one wild card and if he needs or wants one, I think Tomasz Gollob will be in the frame although he is a shadow of the rider we have seen in recent times. Fredrik Lindgren I feel will get the Swedish place and if he fails to qualify, MJJ may be given a place.

TAI WOFFINDEN

EMIL SAYFUTDINOV

JAREK HAMPEL

NICKI PEDERSEN

NIELS K IVERSEN

GREG HANCOCK

MATEJ ZAGAR

DARCY WARD

They are clearly going to be the top 8 this season and the fate of Gollob will be determined in the GP Challenge where Janowski, Dudek or Pawlicki could qualify but will Poland only have TWO in the Series next season ? ..... Personally think they will have three so Gollob will be left waiting and will probably miss out.

WILD CARDS; Chris Holder and Fredrik Lindgren, Tomasz Gollob and one more depending on the 3 Qualifiers .... maybe THJ or MJJ

Maybe Gollob will be made the WILD CARD for each round so we dont have to have inferior riders in the line up. He has done this before many years ago.

Edited by T.N.T.

Sorry but no way Lindgren should get one hes becoming the Swedish Chris Harris will never challenge and doesnt offer anything to the series. Time to bring someone else in

• Like 3

T.N.T, Lindgren have had way too many already. Also as said if Gollob misses top 8 well have nice retireent mr G.

Holder and Grigorij Laguta should have one each. The other two will depend on the GP-challenge.

Both Laguta brothers should receive wild cards.

The other should go to a rider who has not had a chance in the SWC. The usual suspects have had thier chances.

Gollob should not get a pick as he is clearly not interested anymore.

But of course picks will be doled on the basis of countries that stage GPs as usual.

Why should Laguta brothers receive wild cards?

They didn't even bother to participate in qualifications for next year GP