British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Stoke V Mildenhall, 25th May, National Trophy

Nice to see there was so much interest in this ;)

Not a bad meeting. Riders looked to struggle for the first couple of heats but it dried out quickly.

For Stoke, Smart looked down on power, and Chessell didn't really impress, Reade couldn't gate for toffee, but Priest was fantastic. Stokes reserves were quicker than Mildenhalls (And special mention for Lee Payne on his debut. Looked raw, but talented. Could prove to be a fantastic signing) but special mention on the night has to go to Kyle Hughes. Feeling ill, he romped to an untroubled 12 point maximum, and was easily the best rider on show.

For Mildenhall, Nielsen never really got going, Baseby had one good ride in heat 8. Bates got quicker as the night went on, Armstrong was struggling with his knee all night, Halsey was unspectacular after his fall, and the reserves were poor.

Overall, not a bad nights racing.

On a different note, it was interesting to watch the MDL meeting afterwards, as the final heat pitted Dudleys reserve pairing against Stokes. Would have been a 3-3 barring a Tedham fall, but the Stoke reserves were on the pace, which gives me hope going forward.

• Like 1

I agree Vog !

Nice to see there was so much interest in this ;)

you wont see any interest on this train unless they are winning but bleating on other page how bad your track is i enjoyed tonight's match as a neutral ( wanting stoke to win ) and enjoyed not only our heathen boys performance but also another mildenhall fall from grace well done stoke the toms are ether bleating or cheating

Where are all these complaints about our track. It was wet for two heats. Thats all

Malcxolm Vasey on mildenhall fb page i couldnt see much wrong with track like said wet for first two heats

That's true but I know nothing about Facebook never look at it and anything on their is not from me. That's not a complaint anyway

"you wont see any interest on this train unless they are winning but bleating on other page how bad your track is i enjoyed tonight's match as a neutral ( wanting stoke to win ) and enjoyed not only our heathen boys performance but also another mildenhall fall from grace well done stoke the toms are ether bleating or cheating"

Starting to get a little tired of the constant digs at Mildenhall tbh.Any opportunity to do so it seems.Need to move on i think,getting boring :)

.Think you will find people are using facebook/twitter a lot more than coming on the forum.I find there is too much rubbish being said on here so i tend to stay away from it.

Can't comment on the meeting itself as i was not there.Not exactly the biggest fan of the Stoke track to say the least,so wasn't going to spend my money on something i dislike.

Edited by adz_mft

After a couple of heats I too was thinking that the track was not going to improve but thought that after the track grade it rode ok and Kyle put up some decent average premier level times. Some (elsewhere FB) complained that the track was graded after three heats; right thing to do and if grading has to be done after one heat then do it. The track still has for me that 3rd bend problem and the fact that stocks drive on it cannot be the best for the surface; for me it rides ok. I used to travel to other tracks that were at times in poor condition but that could of just been the night I was there, and to be honest that is what happens at tracks because you are constantly battling the elements; do I put water on as it looks like it may be dry; leaveve it off as it may rain, one downpour and all is ruined. I remember going to see the Potters at Somerset and it was always rated by some as the best, the night I went it produced poor racing with the riders looking like they were doing giant donuts and had one line to race; is it a terrible track?. I'm sure not. With Stoke's track, If constructive items can be put forward then great; put them forward. If it does not go right it's not for the want of trying as anyone has seen the effort Dave and Nigel put in would not say they are not trying.

Edited by Steeplejack