British Speedway Forum

ALL that has been lost so far is yesterday's practice. Had that been behind closed doors and without social media people might have been none the wiser and arrived today with everything fine and dandy.

Had it gone t*** up they would have made an early announcement today.

Yes just like I did at Gelsenkichen

Its cardiff day! Meeting will be on and everyone will be too pissed to care who wins.... Roll on 1pm !!

TRACK is 'chalk and cheese' this morning. Some very bleary-eyed guys around. Short practice at 10am for those riders who want it, assuming track is okay it will then be bladed, rolled and top dressed. And the sun is shining!

And Dawn Approach will win the Derby!!!!!

CARE to clarify that remark? Don't understand... are you saying there was no rain in Cardiff earlier this week when 40 trucks were bring thousands of tons of material into the stadium? We are not talking about the weather from Thursday onwards.

I've spent the last 2-3 weeks driving around with the roof down on the car. Cardiff had been generally dry and warm. The exception being a bit of quite light drizzle on Wednesday evening, even that had stopped by chucking out time from the pub as I walked home and stayed dry. I can't speak for further away do if the shale was stired 100 miles away it may have come through rain to get here.

I've spent the last 2-3 weeks driving around with the roof down on the car. Cardiff had been generally dry and warm. The exception being a bit of quite light drizzle on Wednesday evening, even that had stopped by chucking out time from the pub as I walked home and stayed dry. I can't speak for further away do if the shale was stired 100 miles away it may have come through rain to get here.

Bottom line is mate, they have a roof!!!

• Like 1

ALL that has been lost so far is yesterday's practice. Had that been behind closed doors and without social media people might have been none the wiser and arrived today with everything fine and dandy.

Had it gone t*** up they would have made an early announcement today.

And doesn't that one expression sum up the whole problem with why speedway is absolutely screwed. It's nothing to do with black & white helmet colours, silencers, points limits, bombed out stadia, or anything else. It's gereatrics thinking that if only it was still the 1950's - and for someone in such a position within "the media" that surrounds the sport to make such a statement just shows how antiquated you and your outlook are. I suppose it must be confusing for the befuddled, to see the streets full of shops selling coffee again. Let's hope the 1960s don't have any of that horrible loud music & long hair this time round, eh?
  • Like 1

Cardiff had been generally dry and warm. The exception being a bit of quite light drizzle on Wednesday evening

Wasn't it bucketting down BH Monday?

Niamh

Philip, I am encouraged to hear the BSI recognise that it sits with them. What is disappointing is that on their Twitter feed and on their website you would never know there is a problem. The only info is coming from you and the riders. For me that is a disgrace, its not for you to have to report what is going on. In fact at 11pm last night their Twitter feed was going on about whether everyone was excited. A bit of honesty would not go amiss, rather than treating the poor people who are paying a small fortune for their weekend being treated like fools and leaving press to tell people what is happening. The fact that you say you are going at 8am and will report back, do they not have a media outlet ?

Phil is their media rep isn't he or something of that ilk?

And doesn't that one expression sum up the whole problem with why speedway is absolutely screwed. It's nothing to do with black & white helmet colours, silencers, points limits, bombed out stadia, or anything else. It's gereatrics thinking that if only it was still the 1950's - and for someone in such a position within "the media" that surrounds the sport to make such a statement just shows how antiquated you and your outlook are. I suppose it must be confusing for the befuddled, to see the streets full of shops selling coffee again. Let's hope the 1960s don't have any of that horrible loud music & long hair this time round, eh?

Speedway fights social media and that is its biggest downfall. Scott Nicholls excellent interview in Speedway Star emphasised this. Embrace it don't hide from it. Yes there is the nasty side of social media and Scotty recognised that, but unfortunately that's the world we live in.

• Like 2

Wasn't it bucketting down BH Monday?

Niamh

It was 12 miles away in Newport.

And Tuesday,and it rained on Wednesday as well.

And Tuesday,and it rained on Wednesday as well.

And theres still a roof..

I arrived last night and the guy at the desk said Newport have had awful weather. The issue seemed to be it got damp while being transported to the stadium.

And theres still a roof..

Doesnt matter if the materials were damp before arriving.