British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye V Plymouth Sat 9th June

what i would say is that some rye fans have got their wish. Back in the good old days of match bonus points we were thumping most teams by thirty points at rye. There were cries of i'm bored with the big wins.

I used to love the big home wins. As regular away travellers we saw closer meetings away from home, so had the best of both worlds

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2

I used to love the big home wins. As regular away travellers we saw closer meetings away from home, so had the best of both worlds

Spot on, big home wins seemed to attract more fans too! I don't know how you got to so many away meetings mate, I love following us away but it's just so disheartening these days.

Spot on, big home wins seemed to attract more fans too! I don't know how you got to so many away meetings mate, I love following us away but it's just so disheartening these days.

Something about turning up at another track to watch my team. Can't put finger on it. If I could I'd go to every away match. The only thing that's stopping me is getting time off work. Even after last Fridays humbling experience I'd go back tomorrow at the drop of a hat if we were riding there.

I must be a masochist

Edited by Shadders

Something about turning up at another track to watch my team. Can't put finger on it. If I could I'd go to every away match. The only thing that's stopping me is getting time off work. Even after last Fridays humbling experience I'd go back tomorrow at the drop of a hat if we were riding there.

I must be a masochist

To be honest mate if you go to all the home meetings as well the you must be a Sadomasacist :D

We have one who's lost interest in the sport and is just going through the motions as far as I can see and one that was never going to set the world alight and now seems to be going backwards.

And tonights lottery numbers are :rofl:

Now I think we better keep hold of the rider who is going backwards, he might soon be our No 1 :shock:

As discussed by Mr Charalambous, Miss Ellis and Mr Booth last Saturday night ;)

And tonights lottery numbers are :rofl:

Now I think we better keep hold of the rider who is going backwards, he might soon be our No 1 :shock:

As discussed by Mr Charalambous, Miss Ellis and Mr Booth last Saturday night ;)

No draught beer and the side in tatters... Rough times at Rye House.

I'm past caring about the lack of draught beer. I think its time to start worrying about the existence of the club !!!!

Times must be bad if I can see past BEER mmmmmmmmmm

I'm past caring about the lack of draught beer. I think its time to start worrying about the existence of the club !!!!

I dont know , have any insider information or anything like that in fact I am proberly talking out my a**se but if the crowds remain good in kent this season could there be a possible licence switch that will see premier league racing at sittingbourne and national league at Rye next year. ??????

As I say I know nothing but just thinking aloud.

Tony why would len silver transfer a licence to Kent when an application to simply join the PL would be welcomed. Len silver pays no rent at Rye so his income comes from the paying customer and food and drink, why would he possibly want to decimate that income by switching to NL racing. No the problem for me is that we have lost regular weekly racing due to his interest in Kent which has clearly affected the crowds at Rye. He has made some bad misjudgements of his Rye fans for a couple of years and that is why he is in trouble, now taking his finger off the pulse to assist at Kent has seen further decline at Rye and yes that does cause concern

for Rye House Speedway. In the old days Len would have several clubs on the go at the same time, those days are long gone