British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye V Plymouth Sat 9th June

I’ve forgotten what happens at Rye House on a Saturday night and on a bank holiday Monday afternoon! Last year there was a meeting every Saturday, weather permitting of course, oh and not on Grand Prix night at Cardiff, oh and not when there’s something of a televisual feast on a Saturday night on the goggle box, oh and when the Olympics are on, you get the message. This Saturday see’s the return of those Plymouth Devils. Same team two weeks [as the Cardiff GP was on tele last Saturday] on the trot, that’s not good or is it? Surely Plymouth could have been re-arranged for later in the season? But it hasn’t so what do we think the meetings going to have in store? Well the illustrious John Sampford recons when the devils where last in town at Rye Plymouth won because of the Rockets lack of meetings. Well I wonder what the excuse will be this Saturday as I believe they’ve [the Rockets] not had a meeting since then!

With the Devils sacking [opps sorry that’s what Len does] releasing Ricky Kling and replaced him with a far better rider in Mikkel Bech and with messer’s Bunyan and Lambert trying to get match fit I recon this could be a hard one for the Rockets. Weather forecast is looking good for Saturday’s dose of traxcitement [sorry going into Hackney mode and there is no comparison] and I only wonder If I can remember how to get to Rye House! The crowd level has dropped dramatically in the last couple of years and obviously lots of people have forgotten what Rye House Speedway actually does Saturdays at Seven!

Edited by Dave Stummings

Had to smile at the last Devils match. Bunyan threw the magic £2 coin into a group of adults as no kids seem interested or knew what was going to happen. Used to get 30 odd kids pushing and shoving each other to get it.

Trying to make only my second visit this year to Rye - Just for the record Saturday is the 8th not the 9th ;):lol:

Robert Mear is no Jason Garrity and is in shocking form at the moment. Anyone who saw his performance for Lakeside on Sky the other night could see that. Not aware of the Devils guest at number one, but if they've any sense they'll book Ricky Wells again... Plymouth won't fear coming to Rye after their comprehensive win a couple of weeks ago... Another home defeat I fear.

Nick Morris guesting for Proctor

Hmmm, this is going to be a tough one for Rye.

• Like 1

Hmmm, this is going to be a tough one for Rye.

9+1 from 5 earlier in the season including a fall. Damn right it's gonna be tough!

Edited by Shadders

will bech be riding for the devils in this match. someone has posted on the plymouth thread that he is down to ride in sweden in the u/21's on saturday night. can anyone confirm or deny this.

According to website Michel Bech is still registered to ride in Malilla on June 8th.

http://www.svemo.se/sv/Grenar/Speedway/Nyheter/StartlistaJEMSemifinalMalilla/

Rye press release confirms R/R for Bech. Anyone can take one of his rides. As said before it will be close,possible defeat if our reserves don't do the business. Shocking last time out against the Devils.

Rye press release confirms R/R for Bech. Anyone can take one of his rides

.... and so it begins! The old Thomas Jonasson syndrome...

Hopefully the track will be in a fit state to race on this time around, can't blame any rider for not wanting to race hard on that surface.

No Bech has settled it then, no Rye for me on Saturday!

No Bech,surprise surprise.

If he rides on Fri,Devils can use r/r.If he doesnt or its rained off,NL guest only

has Bech ridden for them yet ? - didn't think you could use r/r for a rider who has not ridden for a team (or have I got it wrong again?)