British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Ipswich V Rye House (premier League) 20th June

As a Rye fan i have little interest in what the Presenter has to say i assume it is indeed the bloke in the white coat and if so....since first watching speedway around 1962 as a nipper i have have spent tousands and thousands of pounds watching the sport. I have been to an awful lot of abandonments, rain offs where the promotions let fans in knowing racing wasn't going to be on but still took our money and of course at my dear Rye House several meetings that should have been on but were called off early. All i ever want from the Promotion is honesty. As they say rubbish happens and if it means i turn up at Foxhall and the meeting is lost because of the wether then so be it. However to use the forum to have a pop at paying fans when they complain about the relevent speedway promotion is bang out of order especially from those who don't actually pay to watch speedway on thursdays and sundays. I hope the meeting is on for both sets of fans who have a lot to endure following their sport, that said i hope it pisses down near the end you get soaked for the idiotic comments you make on here

• Like 2

With relation the weather! As a fan for many, many years I've spent hundreds if not thousands of hard earnt cash on going to rain offs. If you’re going to Scotland from London or my local track at either hammersville or dryhouse we all take the chance the meeting will be on. Hopefully weather will be kind, not only tonight but for the rest of the season!

Edited by Dave Stummings

With relation the weather! As a fan for many, many years I've spent hundreds if not thousands of hard earnt cash on going to rain offs. If you’re going to Scotland from London or my local track at either hammersville or dryhouse we all take the chance the meeting will be on. Hopefully weather will be kind, not only tonight but for the rest of the season!

I'm pretty much commited to making the journey, unless it's called of before I leave at around 4.30pm. Already given up my afternoon overtime, nothing much on TV and I've fueled the car in readiness. I'd hate to stay home "just in case", and find I've missed a cracker. The perils of being a dedicated fan *sigh*

to use the forum to have a pop at paying fans when they complain about the relevent speedway promotion is bang out of order

Even worse when they use the local rag to "name and shame" particular supporters with lies and half truths

Edited by Shadders

Westhamboy....Very harsh on presenter ....I believe he was just trying to point out that on a day like today the promotion are damned if they do and damned if they don't.....Looking at the forecast yesterday I think we all feared the worst.....even this morning didn't look to great....However the forecast is now much better ,so it's all systems go...I don't believe presenter was insulting the paying public just trying to point out to the public that sometimes it is not easy to make a decision and you will always upset someone....Im sure we are in for a great meeting tonight on a superbly prepared track as always

• Like 3

If its drier and slicker than normal due to under watering in case the rain came and it didnt (so much) then so be it.

If there has to be some late watering and its a bit slippy at the start then so be it.

Lets hope that whatever its like the boys feel confident to give it some but still stay safe.

Up the the Witches!!

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1

Leaving Hoddesdon soon, any updates on weather in Ipswich ?

Just leaving myself... See ya there :t:

Still overcast but no rain likely it seems. In the end there was very little - the storm surge certainly didnt arrive!!

Get the bowser out Bob!!

As a Rye fan i have little interest in what the Presenter has to say i assume it is indeed the bloke in the white coat and if so....since first watching speedway around 1962 as a nipper i have have spent tousands and thousands of pounds watching the sport. I have been to an awful lot of abandonments, rain offs where the promotions let fans in knowing racing wasn't going to be on but still took our money and of course at my dear Rye House several meetings that should have been on but were called off early. All i ever want from the Promotion is honesty. As they say rubbish happens and if it means i turn up at Foxhall and the meeting is lost because of the wether then so be it. However to use the forum to have a pop at paying fans when they complain about the relevent speedway promotion is bang out of order especially from those who don't actually pay to watch speedway on thursdays and sundays. I hope the meeting is on for both sets of fans who have a lot to endure following their sport, that said i hope it pisses down near the end you get soaked for the idiotic comments you make on here

Spot on about the "white coat man" Im not sure its not his guards uniform and a shame he was ever let out !!!

Biggest condescending, idolizationist of his mentor ever been known !!!

Welcome white coat man to being the 5th member of the crazy gang......Jimmy Gold is the perfect name for you !!!

By the way who the **** is Ray ??? You are the total delusionist perhaps one day you will feel better but Im not holding my breath :lol:

Leaving Hoddesdon soon, any updates on weather in Ipswich ?

Its 5.30 and still no rain to talk about but very dull.

I think presenter was pre-empting the expected 'abuse' for the promotion on a day such as this, where it is easy to criticise from the 'sidelines' as ever. People who actually have to make decisions in life are less likely to be critical as they appreciate the difficulties of actually running a business and calling everything right. It is often the ill informed but highly opinionated folk that jump to be critical on many issues. Who is Ray??? :approve:

By the way who the **** is Ray ???

Getting a bit nervy are we Ray? Will you still have the balls to come on here and slag people off when we find out who you are? I very much doubt it, sad little freaks that hide behind an alias don't usually have any balls, do they?

I think we need a suitable celebration for when Ben wins heat 1.

Conga anyone? Start from bend 2.