British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skodaman

Lions V Rebels 22.06.2013

Did anyone else hear Adam Roynon on Biker FM, he stated after watching meetings at Leicester whilst out injured he wasn't too bothered about not coming back as the track was poor & inconsistent, blaming it on the weather, work spent on it & machinery available.

Going back to the Lions v Rebels match, did anyone else think it was one of the most entertaining matches ever at BP? it had Lots of passing, incidents, controversy, a home team that started like a steam train, A fantastic away team fightback, all the ingredients a speedway junky needs. ....... ??

Yes? / No?

For me, It was the best meeting at BP for me by some quite considerable margin. I could certainly put up with that week in week out.

The Rebels match was a great meeting that had everything. For the neutral supporter and those new to speedway it was even better and will keep them coming back for more. It has already been said that speeday and Somerset won that night.

• Like 1

It was indeed a great meeting and a pleasure to hear neutral supporters say how they hope these two teams are the ones that make the play off final because if so they are off to see both matches.

Just a shame Leicester lost but credit to some great riding from Somerset and never say die attitude - which seemed to ebb away from the Lions.