British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve55

New Rider For Sheffield

Lulu is correct. The new 1-7 is Stead, Roynon, Wells, Haines, Compton, Albin and Koppe, but not applicable until Sunday, so will be R/R for Hall at Leicester I guess.

Also must add, why Lewis Bridger? Did really well tonight 4 plus a bonus point! Ok he was up against decent opposition, but as a number 1 he will be. He never looked comfortable on the track, well to be honest apart from Eastbourne I've never seen him look comfortable any where.

Oh and didn't he do well in Prague for team GB.

Sorry but just can't see him doing a job for the Tigers as a number one. He's got plenty of spirit and ambition, but not at Owlerton for me thanks.

Like to see woodward signed up,he looked well on the pace.Ricky looked well too last night and I think would have done better in last heat if he hadn't had about an hours break between heat 10 and 15.

• Like 1

sad to see Richard go if that's the end of a long association between him and neil, he has a lot of critics on here but at the end of the day he is pure entertainment around owlerton and that is what we go for...to be entertained, good luck in your next position Richard. p.s. I am also a big fan of andre would have loved to have seen them in the side together.

So its now official Andre for Hall... Get in one happy bunny that the promotion have finally seen sense and got rid of Hall...

Looking at the new averages i believe we now have 9.97 points to play with for a new number one... Doubling up riders are limited as a number of clubs are already at there maximum if 3..

A few who would fit are - Lewis Bridger, Patrick Hougghard, Lukas Dryml, Cameron Woodward ( Infact All Eastbourne team except Bjarne)

I feel we need a number one who will gel and bond and hopefully add some experience to help the younger inexperienced riders with set ups etc..

Woodward looked like a class act last night, but I wouldn't be upset if it was Lewis Bridger and I think a spell on a big fast track might help him (and Team GB) for the future. I'm also sad to see the end of Richard Hall at Sheffield because when he was 'on it', there was no finer sight in speedway. Still, missing Rye House was perhaps the final straw for many people.

i cant see us signing a number 1 if I'm honest, just cant see it. R/R for remainder of season methinks.

• Like 1

We need a number 1,guests are ok for a couple of meetings but not for rest of season,We need to get back to a regular 1-7.Plenty of meetings next month so could do with sorting before next Thursday if possible.Is there a cut off date for signings in august or is that only for teams that might win something to stop glory hunting?

What is going on at sheffield speedway. Can someone enlighten me as to why Hall was replaced??

Seems to me that it is the result of a series of unfortunate events. Firstly Rich injures his shoulder in a crash that wasn't his fault, then probably comes back too early. As a consequence his points scoring isn't as good as it had been. Meanwhile his Long Track performances are improving. 7th in Finland I think, 4th in Norway. Has a storming meeting v Newcastle at home in the League cup (hooray!) then goes to Newcastle, slides off in his first ride and withdraws with said shoulder injury again. Then his facebook page is full of pictures and the story of his road trip to Marmande for the Bastille Day GP which he wins (hooray!). Now 3rd in the Long track standings with 3 to go. Returns to Sheffield with a fanfare, and promptly gets excluded for exceeding 2 mins when allegedly his clutch lever drops off before his first heat. Manages to get to 6 points and Sheffield lose. To Rye House. Again. He then takes the P155 by showboating on his long track bike after the meeting. Next he "injures" himself unloading his bike and withdraws from the away trip to Rye House. Meanwhile there's a popular rider, keen as mustard who WANTS to ride for Sheffield available who will do as good a job, without the grief of Long Track, a niggling injury and a complete disregard for the fans'/promotion's feelings when their team loses.

I suspect that this season may see a couple more changes, with another under achiever injuring himself falling off a mountain bike surely on the radar. With a new number one required , and the likes of MPT on the sidelines, surely there have to be more changes soon???

• Like 3

MPT for joe might be a good move.Feel sorry for joe though,when he gates he looks really quick but doesn't seem to be on the pace when last.Probably something to do with all the injuries hes had.Its a shame because he was such a good young talent.As for getting a new number 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Think Stan's hit the nail on the head. It was quite obvious from Neil Machins programme notes on Thursday that he'd had a fall out with Rich Hall over his withdrawal from the away meeting at Rye House. Especially after he had a poor meeting at home against them on the Thursday before! It looked quite obvious after that meeting where Halls priorities are - a couple of laps on his speedway bike and two outings on the long track machine.

Well good luck with the long track series Rich, you'll have more time to spend on it now!

As for a number one, Cameron Woodward looked really good the other night - top quality - but he was riding for his country - just hope he would reproduce that week on week. Not Lewis Bridger as I've already said.

MPT for Haines, could be a case of pot & kettle! Although Haines is still struggling would Palm-Toft be any better? Obviously he's not had the form he finished with last year, otherwise Rob wouldn't have ditched him. However if we replaced Haines I don't think many would be surprised or upset the way he's been riding lately, would they?

Here you go, hope it helps.

SHEFFIELD Speedway would like to clarify the circumstances behind the departure of Richard Hall from the club last Thursday with the following statement:

On the afternoon of Friday July 19 we were informed by Richard’s father that he would not be at Rye House on the 20th, a sick note was not submitted until we were on route to Rye House the following day.

This note declared Richard unfit for work for 7 days which prevented him riding until Friday July 26 - this of course ruled him out of Team GB last Thursday and was communicated to the Team GB Manager and Richard on Monday July 22.

The Sheffield and Glasgow promotions met at Rye House to discuss the possibility of extending the loan of Andre Compton at a time when Simon Stead, Joe Haines, Damien Koppe and Richard Hall were all missing through injury and a decision was taken not to extend the loan.

Richard’s injury had also caused a withdrawal at Newcastle and he had informed us that he was struggling to cope with the tighter circuits consequently a decision was reached to rest him bearing in mind the forthcoming fixtures at Newcastle, Edinburgh, Plymouth and Ipswich.

Andre Compton was not available to be included in a team change request until Thursday July 25, this was submitted with the following reason given, “Richard Hall’s performance hampered by a recurring shoulder injury, we reserve the opportunity to re-introduce Richard once fully fit”, this is a direct quote from the official application form.

Permission was subsequently granted, circulated electronically by the authorities to clubs at 15.48 and seen by us at around 17.00, the time that Richard would be expected to be on route to Owlerton.

It has subsequently transpired that a source close to another club breached the confidential nature of the document and chose to confirm the team change on a well known internet forum between 18.00 and 19.00 prior to Richard’s arrival, we were not aware of this until the following day.

On Friday July 26 we received a continuation sick note for a further four weeks

BSPA have issued the new averages, and changes in clubs' 1-7's.

At Owlerton, it is definately a new 1-7. Richard Hall out, Andre Compton in.

Guilty as charged then!

Lulu is correct. The new 1-7 is Stead, Roynon, Wells, Haines, Compton, Albin and Koppe, but not applicable until Sunday, so will be R/R for Hall at Leicester I guess.

There again this could be Guilty as Charged as it is confirming the previous post! Either way if team changes are confidential how the hell did they get out?