British Speedway Forum
Northern Exile

Swc, Event Two, King's Lynn 15/7

Didn't miss the point at all as I believe Middlo has always been inept at management & your above post is pretty much bang on.

What concerns me more is I'd read Tweets saying it was actually Morris that picked Kennett. Where on earth did those comments come from???

1, is that true?

2, if so, who actually is the TeamGB manager?

You'l have to ask Wizzer. Going back to your earlier point, what are they supposed to do? We don't have the same set up as the Aussie Danes or Poles, and as far as riders is concerned they are streets appart, so whats the answer. Moderate riders cannot be turned into world class riders.

I agree with you. Eddie has been in poor form recently, and im sure that Neil knew that, but he took the chance on Eddie performing tonight, but Neil could have gone with Ben or Danny, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

??? hindsight .everyone said he should before the match

Phil Morris. Took over at Brum and dragged them from bottom of the league to play offs. This season has taken unfancied Birmingham to 2nd in the league and based on points per meeting would be top if the league. Middlo has taken bookies and speedwsy star favourites to 5th and has twice bottled the play offs and could do nothing in 2009.

He has cost Poole loads despite Matt giving him good teams yet he's allowed to run the GB team. He's also allowed to pick the GB team despite admitting on twitter this week he had no say in who rides for Poole.

He has constantly messed up tactics for Poole and GB. Picked riders badly and generally been a disaster for GB.

How is it that Cook and Kennett mess up once do get sacked but Middlo has had how many chances now?

For once I think he might have got the team right for the race off.

Seems your also missing the point, please read the above post.

Again, please read my above post.

Will you stop telling people to read your 'above' posts. It is clear from people's responses that they have read them!

Why do you keep bringing up the fact that we don't have the strength in depth of the Danes? No one is disputing that. However, that doesn't mean we cannot criticise what was clearly a dire team building decision from Neil Middleditch.

You make the point that you are sure that Neil knew Eddie was in poor form but took a chance on him performing. That alone is hardly a defence for Neil's management skills! Eddie is in pretty poor form domestically at the moment and his international pedigree is limited. On what grounds, therefore, could Neil justify his selection over the other candidates in better form?

Phil Morris. Took over at Brum and dragged them from bottom of the league to play offs. This season has taken unfancied Birmingham to 2nd in the league and based on points per meeting would be top if the league. Middlo has taken bookies and speedwsy star favourites to 5th and has twice bottled the play offs and could do nothing in 2009.

But won the league in 03 04 08 2011, Runners up in 99 2010 2012, not a bad record that for a failer.. and thats just the league..

Will you stop telling people to read your 'above' posts. It is clear from people's responses that they have read them!

. On what grounds, therefore, could Neil justify his selection over the other candidates in better form?

Clearly you hadn't.. Why don't you ask him.

Edited by Starman2006

You'l have to ask Wizzer. Going back to your earlier point, what are they supposed to do? We don't have the same set up as the Aussie Danes or Poles, and as far as riders is concerned they are streets appart, so whats the answer. Moderate riders cannot be turned into world class riders.

As I said, I kind of agree with you on that point but we have to try. We can't keep wheeling out garbage like King & Kennett who's careers are at a level that is never going to improve on the International scene. You have to try new.

Cook got a run out tonight & Bridger should have joined him. Then the lowest scorer should have made way for Barker. That simple.

It's not hindsight for me as I've said it from day one.

Middlo as GB manager should always be looking forward but always looks at the here & now. As an International manager it's a ridiculous approach.

IMO for 2014 GB should be looking past Harris as he's found his level and doesn't look like improving, if ya get what I mean like

Who said Kennett was bad? Looked much better than Watt in Czestochowa. To lose with Kulakov was serious task. Who else but Watty could do it?!

As I said, I kind of agree with you on that point but we have to try. We can't keep wheeling out garbage like King & Kennett who's careers are at a level that is never going to improve on the International scene. You have to try new.

Cook got a run out tonight & Bridger should have joined him. Then the lowest scorer should have made way for Barker. That simple.

It's not hindsight for me as I've said it from day one.

Middlo as GB manager should always be looking forward but always looks at the here & now. As an International manager it's a ridiculous approach.

IMO for 2014 GB should be looking past Harris as he's found his level and doesn't look like improving, if ya get what I mean like

Yes i do agree with you. But if you take that approach then you will have the moaner police on here saying oh so and so was so far tailed off you need a pair of binoculars to see him, so, what are they supposed to do, ruin a riders confidence or take the flack from so called team managers on here?? Because the majority of our kids are way behind the Poles Danes and Aussies.

Edited by Starman2006

Starman, you are clearly not for real. I give you a reasoned argument to all the points you raise and you still say I have not read your posts.

So just to make it clear for you.

I (and I suspect most posters on here) do not believe we either had the strength in depth to compete with the Danes or were ever likely to beat them tonight no matter what team we put out.

However that does not mean that we cannot criticise what was clearly a poor decision by the team manager to include Edward Kennett.

Do you understand now?

You have spent the last I don't know how many posts defending Middleditch but when I ask a reasonable question about how he could possibly justify the selection of a rider in poor form domestically and limited international pedigree you reply with "Why don't you ask him?" Brilliant!

Starman, you are clearly not for real. I give you a reasoned argument to all the points you raise and you still say I have not read your posts.

So just to make it clear for you.

I (and I suspect most posters on here) do not believe we either had the strength in depth to compete with the Danes or were ever likely to beat them tonight no matter what team we put out.

However that does not mean that we cannot criticise what was clearly a poor decision by the team manager to include Edward Kennett.

Do you understand now?

You have spent the last I don't know how many posts defending Middleditch but when I ask a reasonable question about how he could possibly justify the selection of a rider in poor form domestically and limited international pedigree you reply with "Why don't you ask him?" Brilliant!

And you missed the bit convieniently, where i said, yes i know his form is not good and Neil was taking a chance and i thought Ben should get the chance,but Neil picks the team, not me you or anybody on here..

Yes i do agree with you. But if you take that approach then you will have the moaner police on here saying oh so and so was so far tailed off you need a pair of binoculars to see him, so, what are they supposed to do, ruin a riders confidence or take the flack from so called team managers on here?? Because the majority of our kids are way behind the Poles Danes and Aussies.

A rider only loses confidence from pressure. That's when good management comes into play. Arm round the shoulder or the bollocking in the bogs etc. You learn how rider's react from certain approaches from their own mental attitude. The problem with Middlo is he treats everybody the same regardless.

A rider only loses confidence from pressure. That's when good management comes into play. Arm round the shoulder or the bollocking in the bogs etc. You learn how rider's react from certain approaches from their own mental attitude. The problem with Middlo is he treats everybody the same regardless.

The problem is you can't turn average riders into world class riders. and putting an arm round them will not be enough if they continue to get tailed off, and you certainly can't give a kid a bollocking, otherwise if he wraps himself round an airfence it would be on your consience for the rest of your life. . And as i said, we are streets behind the Poles Danes and Aussies. So whats the answer?

It's not hindsight, look at his league form, you admit it's been poor. Why pick an out of form rider over others who are doing far better ?

All the team manager has done with his pick is ruin Kennett's confidence even more. He didn't even give him his 2nd ride. Bomber did well trying to pick the boy up but he was gone after that.

Going to make it hard for Swindon now as once Kennetts confidence drops, so do the scores.

Was good to see Harris doing a captains role & offering encoragement & support to Eddie.

Feel a big mistake was made putting Kennett in and it wasnt fair on him esp when Neil coukd see he was already struggling in the league let alone under the responsibility of the swc