British Speedway Forum
Northern Exile

Swc, Event Two, King's Lynn 15/7

I'm not a student mate, I now have a job working in the catering industry.

McDonalds gain is Cambridge University's loss.

Or vice versa.

Edit: For the benefit of the hard-of-thinking guy.

vice versa is latin for 'do you want fries with that?'

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

So Worrall would ride in the Premier League rather than in Poland.

That sums up why British Speedway is not moving forward when most of the riders are stuck in the Premier League and not looking for Polish/Swedish rides.. Look at the Latvian Lebedev for example.

He rang up every single club in the UK asking for a team spot... That's the sort of mentality that the Brits need.

A very good point. OK if Ritchie did not want to leave the Diamonds it did not stop him trying to get a berth in Sweden or Denmark.

Lack of ambition is endemic in the so called upandcoming UK riders. Except for that kid who rides in Germany (I apologise but his name escapes me at the moment).

Foreign riders come here in droves so why is it to much to expect that some of our top prospects make an effort to go there :)

Will tickets be available on the day? Also can you take in fold up chairs as my old man can't stand for that long and the grandstand price is a little steep! T.I.A.

And now Middlo will claim he was right. Well no, because Worrall could beat all the Swedes and all but Hancock from America too.

Agreed. I really dont know how he came to that decision. Worrall should have been in the side.

Will tickets be available on the day? Also can you take in fold up chairs as my old man can't stand for that long and the grandstand price is a little steep! T.I.A.

Certainly people have taken them in previous years and tickets are available on the day if the event is not sold out in advance (which I doubt) Enjoy the meeting.
  • Like 1

In this weeks Star Rob Lyon says "Great Britain: They've got to be looking for the Race Off at the very least, anything less than that will be failure." Anything less than race of is failure who would have thought that, collect the bl***ing obvious prize Rob!

I'm not a student mate, I now have a job working in the catering industry.

Your best chance of getting employee if the month will be to buy yourself an ice cream van

Don`t the Muddlo and Kennett family go back a long way....

Team Denmark Profiles

Nicki Pedersen: Former Lynn rider and will dominate the meeting in typical fashion and score around 12 points

Niels Kristian Iversen: Current Lynn Number 1 and certainly knows his quickest way around the Norfolk Arena.

Kenneth Bjerre: Former Lynn Number 1 and again.. Knows the quickest way around Lynn.

Michael Jepsen Jensen: 32 points in 3 meetings at Lynn says it all

Team GB Profiles

Tai Woffinden - Classy performer.

Craig Cook - On the up.

Chris Harris - On the down.

Edward Kennett - Awful unless he finds the nearest B&Q to the stadium.

Whatever Team GB perform like (hopefully better than we expect), I'm looking forward to this. Will be a good night of speedway, hopefully with one of the best atmospheres Lynn gets all season!

i actually reckon GB have a chance of winning this - not massively high bbut maybe a 1 in 4 shot.

if you look at form in britain this season, there can't be too much in the EL averages beyween Tai, Cook and Kennet vs NKI, Bjerre and MJJ (2012 EL). If those three score reasonably evenly then it comes down to Harris vs Pedersen, and while you'd expect Nicky to comfirtably win that head to head, Bomber does tend to raise his game for Team GB and Nicky is still battling an injury, so you never know. Of course, i do appreciate that all 4 danes ride KL well, but i still reckon GB have a better chance of winning here than they do beating both the Aussies and the Swedes in Prague.

and of course with no reserves (if i understand the rules correctly), all it takes is an injury to one rider to ruin a team's chances of winning on the night (obviously hoping it doesn't happen, and frankly i think they should revert to the old system of 4 plus a reserve).

agree that Worrall should have been given the fourth slot, BUT I hope Ed proves us all wrong and produces a great display. This after all is one of the best chances GB are going to have in the near future to finish top three or higher in the world, given the injury worries for Russia and Australia, the poor form of the Swedes, the Poles with Gollob passed his peak and the new wave really just emerging.

i actually reckon GB have a chance of winning this - not massively high bbut maybe a 1 in 4 shot.

if you look at form in britain this season, there can't be too much in the EL averages beyween Tai, Cook and Kennet vs NKI, Bjerre and MJJ (2012 EL). If those three score reasonably evenly then it comes down to Harris vs Pedersen, and while you'd expect Nicky to comfirtably win that head to head, Bomber does tend to raise his game for Team GB and Nicky is still battling an injury, so you never know. Of course, i do appreciate that all 4 danes ride KL well, but i still reckon GB have a better chance of winning here than they do beating both the Aussies and the Swedes in Prague.

and of course with no reserves (if i understand the rules correctly), all it takes is an injury to one rider to ruin a team's chances of winning on the night (obviously hoping it doesn't happen, and frankly i think they should revert to the old system of 4 plus a reserve).

agree that Worrall should have been given the fourth slot, BUT I hope Ed proves us all wrong and produces a great display. This after all is one of the best chances GB are going to have in the near future to finish top three or higher in the world, given the injury worries for Russia and Australia, the poor form of the Swedes, the Poles with Gollob passed his peak and the new wave really just emerging.

:lol:

Elite League averages mean bugger all.

:lol:

Elite League averages mean bugger all.

if the meeting was being held in any other country id agree, as it is i think the el provides some guide to form.

GB could well end up third twenty points behind the danes, but if all four riders are on form on the night they might just sneak it by a point...

Worrall is over rated, If he's so good then why does he have no polish or Swedish club.

you do spout garbage!

who are you supporting this week?