British Speedway Forum
pandorum

Event 1: Czestochowa, Poland #Sunday # July 2013

Laguta brothers have withdrew

I notice that team managers have until 30 minutes after practice to change the riding order.....practice according to the FIM supplementary regulations is on the day of the meeting! (12pm BST).

I've already got the racecards ready to go online and can wait until after the practice to publish them, or publish now and then amend them in the event of late changes, i do wonder how the staging tracks programme makers feel about the possibility of such late changes messing up their printed line-ups? Or do the fans have to pay, likely a hefty price, for a blank scorecard? Hope they give out free pens if previous World Cups are anything to go by, lots of late changes lol.

Such an awful shame Russia have had their ideal team decimated, was so looking forward to watching them.

I notice that team managers have until 30 minutes after practice to change the riding order.....practice according to the FIM supplementary regulations is on the day of the meeting! (12pm BST).

I've already got the racecards ready to go online and can wait until after the practice to publish them, or publish now and then amend them in the event of late changes, i do wonder how the staging tracks programme makers feel about the possibility of such late changes messing up their printed line-ups? Or do the fans have to pay, likely a hefty price, for a blank scorecard? Hope they give out free pens if previous World Cups are anything to go by, lots of late changes lol.

Such an awful shame Russia have had their ideal team decimated, was so looking forward to watching them.

I have already put on the GB thread that the rule for changing line-ups is only for the race-off and final -as in previous years teams for the Czestochowa and Kings Lynn round can only be changed for illness or injury(add refusing to ride for the Russian federation as well !! )

I have already put on the GB thread that the rule for changing line-ups is only for the race-off and final -as in previous years teams for the Czestochowa and Kings Lynn round can only be changed for illness or injury(add refusing to ride for the Russian federation as well !! )

I've not looked at the GB thread yet with it being Event 2 and Czestochowa being Event 1 of the World Cup. Not been looking at the forum much this last week in general, i had no idea about Chris Holder being injured until nearly three days after his crash!

I don't know if i'm just reading the regulations wrong with a muggy head after a very late night out, but i can't, right now anyway, figure where it says the alterations only apply to the race off and final.

Someone please correct me if i am being truly foggy headed, but as i read it on page 9 of the full regulations it refers to the 'SWC final tournament' as opposed to 'the' final itself. It also refers to 'events 1 and 2 of the SWC final tournament'. That would indicates to me that the rules apply to all four events of the final tournament? or doesn't it?

R&R by 'GB' thread do you mean the 'Event 2' thread or the 19 page one about "who should be in the GB team", as i can't see your mention in the former, other than a link to the regs. Unless i'm looking too hard i can't see your comment following the logical order of choice to place it, Event 1 thread, Event 2 thread. I haven't got time right now to plough through nineteen pages of the who should be in the GB team thread. Aplogies for not being quite with yet today lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul

I've not looked at the GB thread yet with it being Event 2 and Czestochowa being Event 1 of the World Cup. Not been looking at the forum much this last week in general, i had no idea about Chris Holder being injured until nearly three days after his crash!

I don't know if i'm just reading the regulations wrong with a muggy head after a very late night out, but i can't, right now anyway, figure where it says the alterations only apply to the race off and final.

Someone please correct me if i am being truly foggy headed, but as i read it on page 9 of the full regulations it refers to the 'SWC final tournament' as opposed to 'the' final itself. It also refers to 'events 1 and 2 of the SWC final tournament'. That would indicates to me that the rules apply to all four events of the final tournament? or doesn't it?

R&R by 'GB' thread do you mean the 'Event 2' thread or the 19 page one about "who should be in the GB team", as i can't see your mention in the former, other than a link to the regs. Unless i'm looking too hard i can't see your comment following the logical order of choice to place it, Event 1 thread, Event 2 thread. I haven't got time right now to plough through nineteen pages of the who should be in the GB team thread. Aplogies for not being quite with yet today lol.

Several threads covering the same SWC but basically posters were saying drop kennett and i posted to say that the rules don`t allow for a rider to be dropped once named in the team for the 1st meetings(since i believe confirmed on twitter by Middlo) However teams and riding orders for race-off and final are not confirmed until team sheets are handed in-no later than 30 mins after practice for those meetings.

Several threads covering the same SWC but basically posters were saying drop kennett and i posted to say that the rules don`t allow for a rider to be dropped once named in the team for the 1st meetings(since i believe confirmed on twitter by Middlo)

Ok thanks cool i get that and knew that but.....

However teams and riding orders for race-off and final are not confirmed until team sheets are handed in-no later than 30 mins after practice for those meetings.

That's the rule i quoted originally but......What is the source where are you getting the information that the above rule doesn't also apply to the Event 1 and 2 of the SWC final tournament? That's where i'm getting confused. Are you going on page 9 of the regulations and reading it differently to me? Maybe it's just a thick day for me lol.

Ok thanks cool i get that and knew that but.....

That's the rule i quoted originally but......What is the source where are you getting the information that the above rule doesn't also apply to the Event 1 and 2 of the SWC final tournament? That's where i'm getting confused. Are you going on page 9 of the regulations and reading it differently to me? Maybe it's just a thick day for me lol.

Yes page 9 agree it`s not well written but the relevant part is "once the SWC tournament has started and as FMN`s progress they may change their team etc etc.

All done to ensure programmes printed with line-ups complete where possible. Obviously race-off and final programmes have blank line-ups,however with the continental lay-out these only need to be filled in once.

We'll have to let this rest - no sweat lol, although i still don't see where you seeing a separation of events 1 and 2 from the race off and final when it comes to applying the rules. Page 9 quotes event 1 & 2 as being part of the final tournament regards teams starting and progressing etc.

We'll have to let this rest - no sweat lol, although i still don't see where you seeing a separation of events 1 and 2 from the race off and final when it comes to applying the rules. Page 9 quotes event 1 & 2 as being part of the final tournament regards teams starting and progressing etc.

The rule starts by saying that teams have to declare their line-up for the first match 14 days in advance-then the lines i quoted previously about once the competition has started etc etc

Edited by racers and royals

From what I can gather you are both right. Teams In Events 1&2 have to declare 14 days in advance. Then they have until 30mins after practise to change the riding Order. Not the line up. But the order of the line up. Not sure when race off/final teams have to be confirmed. But they also have till 30mins after practise to change the order & not the actual line up.

Does that make sense? :)

From what I can gather you are both right. Teams In Events 1&2 have to declare 14 days in advance. Then they have until 30mins after practise to change the riding Order. Not the line up. But the order of the line up. Not sure when race off/final teams have to be confirmed. But they also have till 30mins after practise to change the order & not the actual line up.

Does that make sense? :)

No they can only replace a rider who is injured or ill in event 1 and 2 from the declared line-up given 14 days before the start of the tournament-for the race off and final teams have until 30 mins after the relevant practice(ie Thursday race-off Friday final)to confirm riders and riding order-teams already will know what colour they are riding before making that decision-this is 100% correct.

• Like 1

Looks like the Russians will go from 'certs to have a say in the destination of the trophy' to 'being lucky if they get through to the qualifier'.

The Latvians all have plenty of Polish league experience and Bogdanovs rode in the top league.

I fancy it will be Poland, Oz and Latvia with Russia a battling 4th.

Shame as the competition needs sorting out.

Something has to be done to prevent this nonsense happening anymore.

Russia could have won this because only a fool believes the crap from the Sayfutdinov camp about Emil needing a rest.

He has taken advantage of the situation to not look as bad as the Laguta's.

He would have ridden if not for this spat with whoeverthhell is reponsible for the Russian team.

Hell we have problems with our riders due to lack of support Scott Nicholls and Lee Richardson tried to highlight this but nobody seems to want to address it.

The SGP site has not mentioned it and I wonder whether the commentators will bring it up.

Speedway is a complete farce really at pretty much every level :(

No wonder nobody outside the sport takes it seriously.

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1

No they can only replace a rider who is injured or ill in event 1 and 2 from the declared line-up given 14 days before the start of the tournament-for the race off and final teams have until 30 mins after the relevant practice(ie Thursday race-off Friday final)to confirm riders and riding order-teams already will know what colour they are riding before making that decision-this is 100% correct.

Yes but a team have until 30mins after practise to change the Riding Order. The Team cant change the rider line up. You with me? :)