British Speedway Forum
pandorum

Event 1: Czestochowa, Poland #Sunday # July 2013

Farce all round then Russia putting a woefully weak team in, Czech rep seeded through to final injured riders out unfortunately in both events ! You've been framed instead then ;-)

Sayfudinov is a mercenary and the Russian federation are not too blame.

Look at his treatment of his Swedish club, Sums him up! I wanted him to win the world title but now I hope somebody else wins it.

Sayfudinov is a mercenary and the Russian federation are not too blame.

Look at his treatment of his Swedish club, Sums him up! I wanted him to win the world title but now I hope somebody else wins it.

It amuses me when people say such things. It seems fine when a Polish or Swedish team don't bother paying the rider the money they promised but the rider is mercenary when he does anything about it :)

Emil was in the wrong without doubt re Sweden as he was dropped due to being awful in the previous few meetings and deserved that fate.

But then plenty of riders and plenty of teams do things that are undesirable so I cut him some slack.

His manager acted a bit like a idiot but he is not alone in that in the speedway world. :)

Your Danish boys are in with a good chance this year and must be favourites along with Poland.

Sadly we are lacking any great competition this year due to injuries, the Czechs in the final and rubbish.

No matter who is to blame something needs to be done or the SWC will wither and die which considering it has been one of the most exciting weeks of speedway this last few years would be a disaster for the sport.

When's it to be 're-run if the weather's bad? As it's forecast rain for 2 days.

It's on tonight!?!

Yesterdays practice was cancelled due to rain so KK said they are going to try again today.

Fingers crossed its on

WHY would a postponement make any difference? Revealed in SS a month ago (before Emil's injury) that none of them would ride.

WHY would a postponement make any difference? Revealed in SS a month ago (before Emil's injury) that none of them would ride.

That's the 2nd time you have told us that Phil :) but will the Star highlight the essential flaw with the competition in some kind of comment on this years farcical situation.

If the top men can't make the SWC pay something is inherently wrong.

Edited by pandorum

FIRST alternative is Sunday morning...

They must be going for a later alternative, quite likely with the amount of rain that has come down, as Sportowefakte are saying that it will be a 2pm (BST) start time on Sunday if it has to be run tomorrow.

According to the same source there is a track inspection today at 1:45 BST.

Yesterdays practice was cancelled due to rain so KK said they are going to try again today.

Fingers crossed its on

Does that mean there was an extra practice scheduled?, only the official regulation clearly state that practice, and machine examinations for the practice, was set for today! http://www.fim-live....Czestochowa.pdf But hey! speedway seems frequently to not run by the rules lol.

Just had a glance at the SGP official twitter and one hour ago it refers to TODAY'S practice being cancelled due to the inclement weather. Now whether today's was the extra practice because yesterday's 'illegal' (lol yes that's meant in a jocular fashion) one was called off who knows.

In the event of the meeting not being run the team's rankings dictate who goes through.

Edited by manchesterpaul

mmmm...looking ropey according to Dave Watt's Twitter

is it off tonight? .i just read on twitter from someone at the stadium saying its off but cant find nothing official

is it off tonight? .i just read on twitter from someone at the stadium saying its off but cant find nothing official

SGP Twitter one minute ago said still waiting for a decision.