British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Irving

Ipswich

Attack the post, not the poster. The rules are quite simple really...

Bit difficult to sit by when trolls get personal and hateful on riders,natural thing is to challenge the poster and quite rightly so,things should be left to work themselves out,we're all adults here and should be able to take some stick

If things got too hot,remove the root of the problem and things will soon settle and be forgotten,banter and p*** take don't dare say in)are part of any board I use

Definitely the easy way out to delete that thread,lots of reference lost there,very poor work I'm afaid

• Like 1

Bit difficult to sit by when trolls get personal and hateful on riders,natural thing is to challenge the poster and quite rightly so,things should be left to work themselves out,we're all adults here and should be able to take some stick

If things got too hot,remove the root of the problem and things will soon settle and be forgotten,banter and p*** take don't dare say in)are part of any board I use

Definitely the easy way out to delete that thread,lots of reference lost there,very poor work I'm afaid

I think the thread was deleted partly due to one of the "moderators" getting the hump at others starting new Ipswich threads after the main one disappeared.

The people who started the new threads also received 24 hour bans, which is petty in the extreme.

If the mod in question had simply stated at the time of deleting said thread, that is was being worked through and would return once the offending material was removed, then the new threads in all likelihood wouldn't have been started.

A mod note did finally appear, stating what was going on with the Ipswich 2013 thread, but far too late in my opinion.

Poor.

• Like 1

Definitely the easy way out to delete that thread,lots of reference lost there,very poor work I'm afraid

Fully agree. When this forum was closed for a time, we were told trolls wouldn't be tolerated. But us Ipswich fans have had to put up with a vile troll for far too long. Please (moderators) stick to your word and keep them off here.
  • Like 3

Would still be a very helpful (as well as a logical and sensible) thing to do if the moderators actually explained their decisions.

As long as jackal wants to post here he will no matter how many times he is banned

The "tor" browser comes in extremely handy :D

I think the thread was deleted partly due to one of the "moderators" getting the hump at others starting new Ipswich threads after the main one disappeared.

The people who started the new threads also received 24 hour bans, which is petty in the extreme.

If the mod in question had simply stated at the time of deleting said thread, that is was being worked through and would return once the offending material was removed, then the new threads in all likelihood wouldn't have been started.

A mod note did finally appear, stating what was going on with the Ipswich 2013 thread, but far too late in my opinion.

Poor.

Yes,when l was looking for an Ipswich thread,there was a time when one didn't exist,then when one did appear I found that note slotted INTO someone else's post,but anyway,that thread was locked

The "Mod" should have said don't go starting up threads and I'm found this that and whatever

• Like 1

Looks like it was moved to start the LCSF thread.

So it seems, No idea why as I was talking about the result of the first leg!

I didn't write it, it was superblue

Sorry Baldy

I posted something yesterday that got deleted.

Big brother is watching you !

So it would seem, Big Brother is a coward though.

Is there any news anywhere about what's now happening Thursday

Some details now on Witches site. Current Witches v select side - Doolan, North ,Klindt ,Davies, Bates, Nielsen + an other

Is there any news anywhere about what's now happening Thursday

On the Witches website mate , a challenge match against a select team including Klindt , Doolan and North .

Not sure whether it should be in here but " happy birthday " to Adam Ellis

Today is one year since his first ever competetive speedway meeting at Eastbourne last year

Unfortunately our favourite poster isn't here to recognise it but I just thought I'd point it out all the same

Having had a few days to think about it, I do agree it was just a wee bit draconian to delete the entire thread. Although there was some crap in it, there was also some very good and informative stuff too, all of which has now been lost.

As to people being banned for starting new Ipswich threads when the other disappeared, I would probably have been inclined to start one too if I had actually been looking on here when it was all kicking off...a simple note explaining why a new thread was not welcome would have sufficed rather than giving people a ban without a justifiable reason.

For the well behaved contributors to that thread, it really does feel like a kick in the teeth and like class detentions at school when two or three have been playing up (something I am very very against as it doesn't work psychologically - it tends to make everyone else behave badly), we have all been put into an Ipswich detention!

It is certainly not the sort of action I would take, my method would be more removing the offending posts and posters than the entire thread.

But then, what do I know?

• Like 2