British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Irving

Ipswich

Maybe some fans of other clubs that have lowered prices for some meetings like Somerset or Sheffield could answer if it makes much difference to the crowd levels on those nights. Personally I think speedway should be a slightly cheaper anyway to make it more appealing, but could most clubs survive if lower prices didn't attract the crowds?

Edited by Baldyman

As a marketing tool offering reduced admission on a selected number of meetings makes good business sesense. However it doesn't always follow that increased crowds would come along week in week out if admission was lower.

The only sustainable way to reduce admission prices, is to reduce costs. For a speedway promoter the most significant cost are riders' wages. If the riders could be persuaded to take a 50% to 65% haircut then lower admission prices could be a goer, otherwise not.

What's the length of a riders hair to do with anything?

Good question - I'll mullet over.

• Like 4

you must have pick me up wrong what i was saying was to to the chap that said 6000 was at ipswitch my arguement was it a lot cheaper to get into the same stadium, i never said anything about prizemoney or trophys

Spedeworth Admission Prices at Ipswich:

Adult: £14 (£15 for some special meetings)

Senior Citizens: £10 (£12 for some special meetings)

Children (5 upto 14yrs): £6

Family Ticket (2 adults + 3 children): £40

They also charge £1 per vehicle for parking (£2 for some meetings). No charge for parking to watch speedway.

You can do your own sums.

Kids Go Free offer for the speedway obviously helps families during the summer hols, and it's been extended to this Thursday's match. I have no idea if that encourages more people to attend, because that offer will then stop.

Irrespective of the business model, a lot of it is about perceived value. If people only wanted to watch "big" meetings, then a larger crowd could and should be possible ... it will be very interesting to see how many people are attracted to the League Cup Final against Newcastle, and to the play-off fixtures.

I think it's been a few years since the speedway attracted as many as 6,000 for even the traditional Good Friday meeting.

Edited by Had Enough

Where did the 6000 figure for the Mon stock cars come from ? I was there and I would have said it was higher than that . The place was heaving with loads of kids there to watch all the crashes and caravans .

Would be great to see some big old crowds at Foxhall again for speedway but realistically it's never going to happen , you just don't get the value im afraid .

Reading the EADT it seems Louis wants a "permanent" guest, someone who could do most if not all the Witches remaining meetings to feel part of the team. He also says it's not ideal to have a guest from one of our play off rivals so may look further down the league.

Any suggestions? I'd probably plump for Lasse Bjerre, but Leicester still have a chance of the play offs.

Edited by CardinalSin

Ricky Wells but then you have the problem of Thursdays!

Josh Auty is a possiblity.

Well I hope Chris can come up with a rider better than bjerre, I don't think he improved at all in the last season and 3 quarters. I know there may not be many choices around, but hope we could find someone more consistent.

Maybe look to an elite league rider? Or I would maybe go for kozza Smith

I would go down the Elite League guest route, someone like Cameron Woodward, Mads Korneliussen, Kevin Wolbert or Ryan Fisher.

I would go down the Elite League guest route, someone like Cameron Woodward, Mads Korneliussen, Kevin Wolbert or Ryan Fisher.

We would have up to 5.71 for EL average.

Of the list Bash produced I think only Wolbert is under that.

Bobby M is too!!

Again Bobby can't race in premier unless he changes his licence. Fisher already has an established premier average, so i am sure that would be used, so he would probably be our best option if he was interested. Wouldn't Hougaard also fit?

We would have up to 5.71 for EL average.

Of the list Bash produced I think only Wolbert is under that.

Bobby M is too!!

Miskowiak = Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!