British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Craftman

Stoke V Kent Kings 06/07

I don't know why Streatham keeps getting mentioned by you? I don't live there, I never have, and have no intention of doing so. I just worked there for a few years.

Yes, I do misunderstand the joke about food in so far as it affects an adverse comment on Lee Smart. It appears he has came back to the sport after serious injury and is now getting flak from some Stoke fans. Aside from myself, another poster has also criticised the tone of the attacks on him.

There's no question about the fact that Smart is heavier than he used to be.

While his injuries were horrific, at the end of the day the bottom line is about scoring points. Vog (as usual) is right - he's simply not doing that in the manner expected.

The reaction of the crowd last night when he was named in heat 15 said what they think about the situation.

Was only joking about the Lee Smart comment! but to be fair hes always been on the rather large side for a speedway rider? maybe if his heads not right hes not putting all his effort, time, fitness into it. didn't mean it nasty though so sorry if its offended anyone.

Was only joking about the Lee Smart comment! but to be fair hes always been on the rather large side for a speedway rider? maybe if his heads not right hes not putting all his effort, time, fitness into it. didn't mean it nasty though so sorry if its offended anyone.

You're entitled to your opinion fella. If a sportsman is in the public domain, then it's fair comment (as long as its not abusive).

There's no question about the fact that Smart is heavier than he used to be.

While his injuries were horrific, at the end of the day the bottom line is about scoring points. Vog (as usual) is right - he's simply not doing that in the manner expected.

The reaction of the crowd last night when he was named in heat 15 said what they think about the situation.

Didn't see you there, you should have come and said hello !

Sad to say, but I agree with all the negative comments about Lee - his heart does not seem in it and he is carrying far too much timber, although he seems to have lost a bit since the beginning of the season. Yes he should have a chance to rebuild his career, but he just isn't a number 1 at the moment - if his average is due to be reassessed, then it is worth keeping him, and using the spare plus Ben's to get a new no 1 (if there are any out there), as having Lee in the main team would give us a strong side.

As for rest of team Chessell looked good, and was apparently ill, hence not being in heat 15, Priesty had engine problems, Kyle rode well, as did Lee Payne, you could see his confidence returning with each ride - but the meeting should have never been that close as Kent really only had 2 riders (but it has to be said they are fantastic riders - another class altogether). Yes the tac ride made it closer than it should have been (and the heat 15 disqualification odd for a turn 1 fall), but really we were only doing so well because of well placed r/rs.

Hopefully with the new averages and a new signing, we will become less erratic - it may make meetings exciting - but it ain't good for the nerves !

Didn't see you there, you should have come and said hello !

Sad to say, but I agree with all the negative comments about Lee - his heart does not seem in it and he is carrying far too much timber, although he seems to have lost a bit since the beginning of the season. Yes he should have a chance to rebuild his career, but he just isn't a number 1 at the moment - if his average is due to be reassessed, then it is worth keeping him, and using the spare plus Ben's to get a new no 1 (if there are any out there), as having Lee in the main team would give us a strong side.

As for rest of team Chessell looked good, and was apparently ill, hence not being in heat 15, Priesty had engine problems, Kyle rode well, as did Lee Payne, you could see his confidence returning with each ride - but the meeting should have never been that close as Kent really only had 2 riders (but it has to be said they are fantastic riders - another class altogether). Yes the tac ride made it closer than it should have been (and the heat 15 disqualification odd for a turn 1 fall), but really we were only doing so well because of well placed r/rs.

Hopefully with the new averages and a new signing, we will become less erratic - it may make meetings exciting - but it ain't good for the nerves !

A very fair assessment indeed !

It doesn't seem to hold Joe Screen back.!!!!!

To compare those two is just laughable

I didn't say I was comparing them just saying a bit of insulation didn't hold him back

I didn't say I was comparing them just saying a bit of insulation didn't hold him back

Sorry my mistake, true its about the only thing they do have in common lol