British Speedway Forum
oneandtwohalfs

Leicester V Newcastle Pl 13/07/13. 7.30pm

A big match for the Lions. We need to take all 3 points from this. Especially after the shenanigans that went on after our last home meeting. Hopefully we will have a full complement of riders this week. Loose or draw and I can see the axe being sharpened. Leicester to win by 6pts

I take it that it was mr H to blame again as it cant be the riders !! ...

I would be sharpening my axe if i was paying them ... They need a big win at home just to keep the hopes up

The Diamonds just need to pack their gating gloves as there will be no passing

Actually that's not really true if you've got riders who will 'attack' the track and are willing to give it a go instead of just following the leader if they don't gate. My opinion has changed since making my first visit of the season to the Leicester v Somerset match last month which had some brilliant racing.

Could be close. Worral in particular, but also Lindgren, Tully, Henry all look useful at times around BP as potentially did Kerr when he rode for us last year. Robson & Schramm not so much. It may depend on whether the ref allows some of those 'incredagates' from Robson to go as he's looked fairly dreadful around BP when he hasn't made the gate. I think we'll need big points from either Edberg, Branford or hopefully both to squeeze it. Pity Mark Lemon isn't still riding for Newcastle as that would have given a bit more breathing space. Going for an honourable draw.

Hopefully Gemini is right about the racing and every rider has just been a wuss upto that Somerset meeting!

Well the riders better get there heads down and fight or I can see mr H ringing the changes shame but we need to show some fight come lads let's show them

Well the riders better get there heads down and fight or I can see mr H ringing the changes shame but we need to show some fight come lads let's show them

Supposing the riders don't come up with the goods this week and Mr Hemsley's axe falls , firstly who will be the replacements ? does the new assistant team manager have a few Sayfutdinov's up her sleeve ?. and secondly is she that good as team manager that she can find some capable riders who will ride for whats on offer by the Leicester promotion ? I would like to hear your suggestions suggestions Robert .

.......Volty....... Hopefully Gemini is right about the racing and every rider has just been a wuss upto that Somerset meeting!

I hope so too as I realize I was probably just lucky with the match I attended. I do know what goes on with the racing because I hear enough moaning and whingeing most weeks when my other half gets back. :lol:

I hope so too as I realize I was probably just lucky with the match I attended. I do know what goes on with the racing because I hear enough moaning and whingeing most weeks when my other half gets back. :lol:

The weather forecast for Saturday is warm and dry but that's not great at BP because it seems that the track needs rain to produce a decent racing surface. That's what it got on the day of the Somerset meeting. And the Ippo one before that.

Edited by LionsDen

The weather forecast for Saturday is warm and dry but that's not great at BP because it seems that the track needs rain to produce a decent racing surface. That's what it got on the day of the Somerset meeting. And the Ippo one before that.

Have they not got a water bowzer at Leicester then? 'Cos that's just a poor excuse in my opinion. I won't be there due to financial restrains, unfortunately, but hope the racing is a damn sight better than it was last season for those who are in attendance.

• Like 1

Supposing the riders don't come up with the goods this week and Mr Hemsley's axe falls , firstly who will be the replacements ? does the new assistant team manager have a few Sayfutdinov's up her sleeve ?. and secondly is she that good as team manager that she can find some capable riders who will ride for whats on offer by the Leicester promotion ? I would like to hear your suggestions suggestions Robert .

I take it from that statement Jim that Gyln has ran out of options and other riders he can bring in if he is relying on a back up no 2 manager lol

if thats the case Leicester really are in trouble.

The Fact remains that if the riders keep losing races it needs sorting ... who does it is erelevent..

Actually that's not really true if you've got riders who will 'attack' the track and are willing to give it a go instead of just following the leader if they don't gate. My opinion has changed since making my first visit of the season to the Leicester v Somerset match last month which had some brilliant racing.

Hope you are right, Gem, because I am going on Saturday en route to the fours.

One thing blown apart by that meeting is that the poor quality of racing seen in the past is down to the shape.

Looking forward to a weekend speedway fest.

Leicester v Newcastle Saturday and the fours Sunday. . . . . .. .Plus loads of sunshine, does life get any better.

Looking forward to a weekend speedway fest.

Leicester v Newcastle Saturday and the fours Sunday. . . . . .. .Plus loads of sunshine, does life get any better.

A little better for me, yes. I have Sunday lunch out, a few beers and a mate I don't see enough as well.