British Speedway Forum
oneandtwohalfs

Leicester V Newcastle Pl 13/07/13. 7.30pm

According to reports on the Internet and social media Kauko is suffering with a knee injury and has said struggling to ride through the pain barrier. I would say doubtful for weekend by them reports

Anyone know why Kauko was withdrawn after having 2 rides in tonight's Coventry v Belle Vue meeting. Updates site didn't mention him crashing so suppose it could be illness? Will he be fit for Newcastle meeting & will we have much of a side at the 4's on sunday?

At a guess I would say it suited Belle Vue much better to have him 'withdrawn' because he'd only scored one point but needed to take his compulsary third ride in heat 14. With the score being Bees 41 Aces 37 there was a good chance Belle Vue could either win the match or at least get a point. I don't think you have anything to worry about. ;)

Two differing opinions then. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Edited by Gemini

At a guess I would say it suited Belle Vue much better to have him 'withdrawn' because he'd only scored one point but needed to take his compulsary third ride in heat 14. With the score being Bees 41 Aces 37 there was a good chance Belle Vue could either win the match or at least get a point. I don't think you have anything to worry about. ;)

Wrong.

It will be Ashley Birks in place of Kauko and Lewis Blackbird for Simon Nielson to be fair Birks is in good form and Kauko has been very average recently

Hope you are right, Gem, because I am going on Saturday en route to the fours.

One thing blown apart by that meeting is that the poor quality of racing seen in the past is down to the shape.

You're probably correct. I think the straights are too close together. By that I mean the bends are not long enough.

It will be Ashley Birks in place of Kauko and Lewis Blackbird for Simon Nielson to be fair Birks is in good form and Kauko has been very average recently

That's good news, Birks should at least match Kauko's scores of late. But according to Lions website its Steve Worrall to ride at reserve. Edited by stevethelion

Wrong.

Fair enough and I'm quite happy to be proved wrong. I guess I've just got too cynical after so many seasons watching speedway. :lol:

Get well soon Kauko.

he ref at the meeting couldn't have been up to much then !!!!!!!!!!

Yes confirmed now as Worrall I presume Blackbird changed his mind

oh this could bite us on the arse

I'm going tonight. Happy to report theres a thunderstorm. Should be not strong enough to call off the match but certainly give the track a good watering.

No rain as yet but some loud banging and crashing going on so hopefully that's it now and it's all passed over.

I think we need full points to stay in contention at the top of he Premier League but with Worral and Birks in for Edberg and Nieminen I think we do well to get any points. Looking at the league table we are beginning to look nailed on for 7th.

I'm going tonight. Happy to report theres a thunderstorm. Should be not strong enough to call off the match but certainly give the track a good watering.

where are you?. i'm a mile from the stadium and it's been bone dry all day.. scorchio. heard a bit of thunder coming from Leicester way about an hour away but the dark cloud has missed us.

Edited by volty

1. Ashley Birks (G)

2. Jan Graversen

3. Lasse Bjerre

4. Kevin Doolan

5. Magnus Karlsson

6. Steve Worrall (G)

7. Robert Branford

1. Stuart Robson

2. Christian Henry

3. Andrew Tully

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Richie Worrall

6. Chris Schramm

7. Lewis Kerr

I think the teams will be as shown above. Diamonds fans will compare the points scored by Chris Schramm with those scored by Steve Worrall, personally I won't mind if Steve scores well as long as the diamonds get at least 1 point from this. If the team can keep making the gate we can frighten the life out of Leicester but if the gating gloves are missing then maybe a last heat decider is on the cards again.