Racing up the M1/A1/A19 after work for this. Weather forecast looks good

http://www.redcarbea...aspx?NewsID=513

Edited by Shadders

Not forgetting you and R4e coming for a parmo with me being a highlight :D

• Like 1

Not forgetting you and R4e coming for a parmo with me being a highlight :D

Cameras at the ready! :D

Edited by Shadders

To josh, thank you, thank you, thank you. our season is just about still alive. Please put Simon out of his misery

To josh, thank you, thank you, thank you. our season is just about still alive. Please put Simon out of his misery

Don't forget Pontus who was superb. Gotta be nuts to let him go when Jason G returns

Bit of a strange meeting I thought, not the most exciting of meetings strangely despite the close scoreline. Track is just very poor at the moment, really hard to pass if you miss th gate. Think the track ha got into the riders heads now, summers certainly seems to be very unhappy. Sad really as on paper have a very solid team but can't see too many wanting to stay. Summer had an off night tonight, but everyone else chipped in. Dilger was looking great until his fall while Wilko battled very hard for hs points. Dyer grew better as the night wore on, excellent pass in heat 14 and great ride in 15.

For the rockets, josh g was excellent. A great choice of guest. Aspgren was quick and mellgren looked good when he gated. Expected more from Nelson after his showing earlier in season.

Set up nicely for second leg, think rye definitely have the edge though.

yes Pontus score was vital but as Josh was only a Guest his score and winning heat 1 must of "set the tone" especially after recent results.Back to Pontus I cant believe Len will discard him after the Doyle debacle and with Jason G at reserve the season may just be rekindled.

Rye had 4 riders that only scored 11 pts between them - why are you only asking for Simon to be put out of his misery? :rolleyes:

The reason is almost every match his scores have been almost non existant with his only points often being "Naylor points" (points where you finish third from three riders) No doubt he is trying hard but he is a square peg in a round hole at Rye House and has been pretty well since he arrived. Some riders just are at the wrong club and I am sure back at Sheffield or another big track he will do a fine job but we cannot continue to carry a passenger. although to be fair to Lambert, Kasper needs to wake up as well pretty soon.

• Like 1

The reason is almost every match his scores have been almost non existant with his only points often being "Naylor points" (points where you finish third from three riders) No doubt he is trying hard but he is a square peg in a round hole at Rye House and has been pretty well since he arrived. Some riders just are at the wrong club and I am sure back at Sheffield or another big track he will do a fine job but we cannot continue to carry a passenger. although to be fair to Lambert, Kasper needs to wake up as well pretty soon.

This is beyond a joke now. Both reserves were utter pish last night. Kasper well off the pace and still can't gate. Simon was Simon. Need I say more? They're both probably really nice blokes, but I don't travel thousands of miles a year to cheer on really nice blokes. I want to see my team winning. Redcar were there for the taking last night. We should've come away with a win, but only 2.5 riders came to the party. Still reasonably pleased with the score, makes the second leg more interesting.

On the question of Pontus Aspgren, from what I've seen of him at Plymouth & Redcar has been impressive. Waiting to see how he goes round Rye before I'm totally convinced. Unfortunately his home debut comes against Edinburgh, who will give us a hard test.

I can see a Doyle/Boxall situation developing here. Lets hope Silver has learned his lesson.

On the positive side, fantastic guest in Grajczonek, he was very impressive. Pontus on a 6 point average on that performance? Yes please!! Anders started off like a train, but tailed off. Tyson had a difficult night. Jason B deserved more points for his efforts. No chance of passing in heat 1 when he couldn't see through the dust. That track was as dry as a bone at the start. Anyone who thinks Rye House is dusty should've seen that. Thankfully the water cart came out pretty quickly and gave us the biggest cheer of the night when the pipe disconnected and flooded the second bend.

Pie & peas were delicious

Edited by Shadders