British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
michaelcroucher

Speedway On Itv The Motorbike Show

If only there was some sort of recording device that could be used to record pictures as well as sound …

Actually, it's not so easy these days. I have Virgin Media, but no recording facility. I have a DVD player, but no recording facility. I still have a Video recorder hooked up, but rarely used. And Virgin Media does have their version of I-player, but only the main channels, which, yes includes this programme, as it is ITV. So, once again, your 'snipe' doesn't totally fit....but keep trying, you will get there!

Your constant stalking & monitoring of my comments is somewhat unnerving, but I guess it's an alternative to making a contribution - and one that you seem to have embraced wholeheartedly.

Very true however, it ISN'T as easy these days - if you buy a range of equipment that doesn't record, it will make recording somewhat awkward.

Indeed, although I have a TV in the kitchen, the fridge nearby has proven to be very stubborn when it comes to recording the omnibus edition of Eastenders. Maybe now I have an inkling as to what that might be so.

So, your invaluable contribution is to highlight to your fellow bobble hat wearers that in order to record something, it will be necessary - perhaps even essential to purchase a device capable of recording.

It comes as no surprise that a world of Sky +, PVR's, TiVo, HDD recorders DVD & Blu-ray recorders & a whole host of other recording devices have passed you by.

Betamax - the Speedway bobble hat wearer's best friend.

• Like 1

...constant stalking & monitoring of my comments is somewhat unnerving,

I can appreciate how you feel in that regard. I also seem to be closely watched on what I Post on some forums. But it's also good to know that our comments are at least being read and we have admirers of our words? :neutral:

The only reassurance is that, as far as I'm aware, the Boston Strangler would have been much easily detected if he had been accompanied by the rustle of Wilfsport nylon & the bobble on his hat could have been seen, protruding from the bushes.

• Like 3

The only reassurance is that, as far as I'm aware, the Boston Strangler would have been much easily detected if he had been accompanied by the rustle of Wilfsport nylon & the bobble on his hat could have been seen, protruding from the bushes.

Don't take it seriously. At the end of the day all it's just playing about computers trying to emphasise our point of view over another person. Some we win, some we lose. It's a matter of sticking to the debate and not getting personal about things.

Your constant stalking & monitoring of my comments is somewhat unnerving , but I guess it's an alternative to making a contribution - and one that you seem to have embraced wholeheartedly.

Very true however, it ISN'T as easy these days - if you buy a range of equipment that doesn't record, it will make recording somewhat awkward.

Indeed, although I have a TV in the kitchen, the fridge nearby has proven to be very stubborn when it comes to recording the omnibus edition of Eastenders. Maybe now I have an inkling as to what that might be so.

So, your invaluable contribution is to highlight to your fellow bobble hat wearers that in order to record something, it will be necessary - perhaps even essential to purchase a device capable of recording.

It comes as no surprise that a world of Sky +, PVR's, TiVo, HDD recorders DVD & Blu-ray recorders & a whole host of other recording devices have passed you by.

Betamax - the Speedway bobble hat wearer's best friend.

I suppose Backless and the way I see it, I am acting as a 'Policeman' of the forum. Most of your comments and fair play, you may have posted one or possibly two constructive comments. The rest have been out to ridicule and put down the posters comments, including mine in the past, as well as the present. So if I make you feel nervous, I make no apology. Like a Policeman would not apologise for making a criminal feel nervous. Edited by Ray Stadia
  • Like 1

I suppose Backless and the way I see it, I am acting as a 'Policeman' of the forum.

Jesus Christ Almighty, the Care in the Community Programme has a lot to answer for over the years - I bet you whistle like George Dixon when you're doing it too.

Thank you for your attention Constable DuLally.

As I said before:

Don't take it seriously. At the end of the day all it's just playing about computers trying to emphasise our point of view over another person. Some we win, some we lose. It's a matter of sticking to the debate and not getting personal about things.

On the subject at the top of the page, as there would appear to have been a single comment made regarding the content of the programme, think of my interaction with the clinically bonkers as merely an extra bit of time filling whilst awaiting a second comment.

With ITV4 being available on every TV set still receiving a picture, it might have been expected at least one other comment on the content by now - maybe speedway fans are still grappling with the Digital switchover?

With ITV4 being available on every TV set still receiving a picture, it might have been expected at least one other comment on the content by now - maybe speedway fans are still grappling with the Digital switchover?

Or just couldnt give a rubbish? Pointless bit of filler on a pretty pointless channel. Better ways to fill 30 minutes or however long it lasted. Once you've seen one presenter learn to ride a speedway bike you've seen them all. No doubt they either raced a professional but only for 2 laps vs their 4 of they filmed someone competent and claimed it was the guy learning.

And Im sure McDonalds will take on board that once everyone seen an advert that they sell burgers, there's no need to advertise again. As for being a pointless channel, I'm sure those that follow the wide range of motorsports, Tour De France, football et al will all be willing to sign up to that opinion. A free-to-air channel, available in every house in the country? Let's all pray the sport never makes another appearance.

• Like 1

Why do so many threads on here end up with silly comments as time progresses?

Or just couldnt give a rubbish? Pointless bit of filler on a pretty pointless channel. Better ways to fill 30 minutes or however long it lasted. Once you've seen one presenter learn to ride a speedway bike you've seen them all. No doubt they either raced a professional but only for 2 laps vs their 4 of they filmed someone competent and claimed it was the guy learning.

You perhaps would have been better watching Big Brother SCB, it is available on Virgin Media, on demand, if you are lucky enough to have that facility. Would have spared you watching Henry 'promoting' speedway on national TV.

Why do so many threads on here end up with silly comments as time progresses?

Wait until the Winter when there's no speedway 'cos it gets a lot worse. :lol:

I have just seen the speedway part of the show and all the negative comments are completely unfair. It show cased part of a meeting with Lakeside Hammers versus Poole, with some good action and a not shabby crowd, with Pete 'the restorer' and a mate having a go on some 140 cc speedway bikes, around the Hagon Academy track, which I didn't know existed. Great to bring on the youngsters, which must be the intention of the track. Chris Holder was the coach for Pete and his mate, with Martin Hagon doing a bit. Haven't seen Martin for a few years. Excellent part of the programme!

• Like 1