British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Devilspoet

Plymouth Devils V Ipswich Witches 12/07

His away form is the key to success this year imo...

Absolutely agree - most would have put his away consistency as his biggest contribution to our success.

It hasnt happened for him bar a couple of occaisions so far but Id back him to find it more and more from now on.

We all know Leigh isnt that out and out big hitter but he is a committed and thoroughly professional performer who will work hard to put things right and produce valuable returns.

THINK SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GET A HISTORY LESSON ON NAZI ADMIN... Pity the hard working admin's who do the hard work on here can't knock on your door like the SS

If they did at least I'd have a chance to ask why I'm seemingly being moderated without being told so, so yes, please come and knock on my door by all means.

Back to the matter at hand, great result for Ipswich and one I genuinely didn't expect given Tungate's absence and Barker possibly not being at 100% - I'd of taken a point before tapes up but I'm over the moon with all four and it's credit to the team and management that we got them.

It's the 4TT tomorrow and Ipswich must be quietly confident, Somerset have been weakened by missing out on Doyle which will help all the other teams I'm sure as they must of been up there as favourites I'd of thought?

Edited by Ipswich Jules

Great result last night, against a week team without a proper number one on the night, but hey can only beat what's in front of you. Really am looking forward to watching Barker tomorrow, I think we stand a reasonable chance if they all score okay. Hopefully a few other Ipswich fans will be making the journey.

THINK SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GET A HISTORY LESSON ON NAZI ADMIN... Pity the hard working admin's who do the hard work on here can't knock on your door like the SS

They are not hard working - they only react to reports, and then don't tell you what they've done, let alone why.

PS: No need to shout :-)

My first trip to Plymouth for speedway and I enjoyed it. Thought the track was well prepared and provided some decent racing.

Shame the meeting was curtailed but due to Ben barker geeing up the riders for the rerun of heat 13 we managed to get all 4 points.

I cant comment on the chair incident as I didn't see it, although I did see some chairs down by the fence. Smiths exclusion: Absolutely spot on. Smith locked up momentarily entering the 3rd turn,Ellis had nowhere to go. Very nasty fall. Regarding Ben Barker: On the pre meeting parade, some near me were cheering Ben and saying how much they wanted him back next season. Yet staggeringly, when Ben fell after clashing with Kurtz on the 1st turn, they almost all CHEERED. I had a fair old argument with them about their actions. Their reply was that hes not a Devil, so who cares! Not true fans in my opinion.Bloody disgraceful. Oh and our numpty of a presenter has been to the school of idiots again. Hes top of the class! On the introductions he introduced the team in the wrong order. He was clearly using the rain off programme from earlier in the season, not the insert with the correctly listed teams. hes even giving village idiots a bad name. Finally, Well done to the Witches who enjoyed a very easy and comfortable away win.

You have serious issues and I wonder why you bother going when all you can write is disparaging comments regards the current promotion or anything associated with it! zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Like 1

It seems to me that sooner or later Plymouth will put out a championship challenging side, such is the ambition of Messrs Stephens and Taylor. I can't help but wonder how many 'former devils' will come running back to SBA as fast as their legs will carry them when that happens, no doubt boasting to the ignorant how they stood by the team when they were struggling.

I can't comment on what other "former devils" might do, if and when the fortunes of Plymouth improve. However, what I can say is that even if they were to win the league, sometime in the future, then I would still class myself as a "former devil". I take offence to the fact that you seem to assume that I turned my back on Plymouth because of their poor performances. I supported the team, home and away, through thick and thin for six years and spent large amounts of money travelling the country in order to support them. Due to reasons which are far more significant than the team incurring a few defeats, these days I consider myself to be a speedway fanatic and not a Plymouth supporter.

I can't comment on what other "former devils" might do, if and when the fortunes of Plymouth improve. However, what I can say is that even if they were to win the league, sometime in the future, then I would still class myself as a "former devil". I take offence to the fact that you seem to assume that I turned my back on Plymouth because of their poor performances. I supported the team, home and away, through thick and thin for six years and spent large amounts of money travelling the country in order to support them. Due to reasons which are far more significant than the team incurring a few defeats, these days I consider myself to be a speedway fanatic and not a Plymouth supporter.

I'd be interested to hear what the 'significant' reasons are (although I respect the fact that that might be nothing to do with the speedway at all).

I say that as I am genuinely surprised that someone would put up with Mike Bowden's promotion for years then stop going when he leaves. Based upon everything I have ever heard, I'd have said the opposite was far more likely to be true.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Could someone who was at this meeting confirm if Lemon did go out on a handicap in the re-run of heat 13 after he touched the tapes please?

• Like 1