British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Kent Kings V Stoke, N Trophy, July 15,2013

Good meeting tonight as usual our youngsters threw away a few points but it was because they were giving it everything ,,,Adam worked hard for his 10+1,,, Steve Boxall had a fall,,. and Ben Morley threw a primary chain ,Ben pushed home for a point to the delight of, the fans,,both were well in front at the time,,, two splendid 5-1s from this pair in heats 13 and 15 gave the final score a respectable look at 45 to 48 ,,, I actually think we would have won with a bit more luck...Benji Compton was feeling his way back in ,..and normally would have expected to score more than 4points By the way Steve Boxall broke the all time track record at Mildenhall on sunday I was lucky to have witnessed this awesome ride.. With at least one change expected this week ,And noticeably David Mason had a spin after todays meeting,,? Things could at last be on the way up ...

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

So no doubts we wont see JTW coming on here to say well done, though he is quick enough to say otherwise when he doesn't do so well. One of these days we just might see The Kings top 3 all score well on the same evening, at the moment it seems if Ben does well Benji has an off night, and if Benji scores well Ben has a poor night. That all illusive first win, surely cant be far away, especially if Jake Knight has signed, Kent badly need a solid 6 pointer in there, who can score the odd double figure return.

Correct !! I only give credit where it's due , and because of the crap updating on twitter with the races in the wrong order and only updated every 3 or 4 heats I couldn't hazard a guess at how many gifted points Adam has had or how many engine failures and falls he's had . so I will just assume for the moment that hes probably scored about 3 and had 7 gifts . if Adam has actually scored more than 3 it will be because of poor opposition certainly not because of any great riding ability

Correct !! I only give credit where it's due , and because of the crap updating on twitter with the races in the wrong order and only updated every 3 or 4 heats I couldn't hazard a guess at how many gifted points Adam has had or how many engine failures and falls he's had . so I will just assume for the moment that hes probably scored about 3 and had 7 gifts . if Adam has actually scored more than 3 it will be because of poor opposition certainly not because of any great riding ability

I am guessing that you are not a fan?

Edited by JC!

Well with fans like JTW u sure don't need enemies eh? Getting sooooo boring now tho! Hope Adam doesn't come on here and read that cos sure wont help the poor lads confidence! But if he does in sure he just ignores it cos prob realises everyone else is behind him and its just the one sad act who seems determined to knock every rider when possible! Anyway, didn't make it last nite but sounds like a battling display again with our usual run of bad luck and little errors? Really pleased for Adam cos his confidence looked low last week and was bit worrying but seems to of bounced back now? Anyway looking forward to any team changes this week if rumours r true? Cud b interesting especially if David mason took a spin last nite? Means one thing surely? IF it does happen then wud make a much better team IMO? 4 riders capable of scoring good points each week with back up from an improving Adam and jack? I do sense the end again for Sam tho?

To Jim the Whipper judging by your post you did not attend the meeting. your slagging of of Adam Kirby is getting boring ,,please go back to your boozing or what ever else you you do in your little world.. the rest of us are speedway fans....By the way Adam won the man of the match award for his performance... How galling that must be for you....

Well with fans like JTW u sure don't need enemies eh? Getting sooooo boring now tho! Hope Adam doesn't come on here and read that cos sure wont help the poor lads confidence! But if he does in sure he just ignores it cos prob realises everyone else is behind him and its just the one sad act who seems determined to knock every rider when possible! Anyway, didn't make it last nite but sounds like a battling display again with our usual run of bad luck and little errors? Really pleased for Adam cos his confidence looked low last week and was bit worrying but seems to of bounced back now? Anyway looking forward to any team changes this week if rumours r true? Cud b interesting especially if David mason took a spin last nite? Means one thing surely? IF it does happen then wud make a much better team IMO? 4 riders capable of scoring good points each week with back up from an improving Adam and jack? I do sense the end again for Sam tho?

If Adam Kirby does read JTW comments I would remind him what a famous England and Hackney rider of the early 1930s, one Dusty Haigh, said when asked about an adverse comment in regard to him. He replied (so legend claims): "I don't care what they call me so long as they call me when it's dinner time!"

Edited by Guest

We are aware who Jim the Whipper is, and have been for some time, and its fair to say, no Adam does not take any notice of him.

As anyone who reads my posts knows I am all for the freedom of speech that this forum gives people, even those who "hide" behind tag names and have a hidden agenda.

But of course it also gives us the right to treat these posts with the contempt they deserve, which trust me, we do.

On a seperate note, great to see Dave Mason putting some laps in last night.

Edited by Nikko
  • Like 4

Just spoke to Adam and he has said he is going to sit down tonight and enjoy a glass of champagne from his RIDER OF THE NIGHT award. Cheers JTW LOL

• Like 3

Well done Adam! We're all behind u and the rest of the team watever u go thru? Enjoy that champers 2nite! U totally deserve it!

• Like 1

We are aware who Jim the Whipper is, and have been for some time, and its fair to say, no Adam does not take any notice of him.

As anyone who reads my posts knows I am all for the freedom of speech that this forum gives people, even those who "hide" behind tag names and have a hidden agenda.

But of course it also gives us the right to treat these posts with the contempt they deserve, which trust me, we do.

On a seperate note, great to see Dave Mason putting some laps in last night.

Do I feel a head cap that fits me? :shock:

Why would you think that Gustix .i am sure i dont...

If you are referring to the fact that in the beginning you yourself were a bit critical towards Adam then maybe the cap would fit. You hav since changed your opinion towards Adam and you do actually write some positive posts towards him. I applaud you for this gustix.

• Like 1

Paid a visit to Sittingbourne to complete my set of British Tracks once more.

I was very impressed - lovely little stadium and track - would put some EL stadia and tracks to shame - shame the track got a bit dusty towards the end but very understandable given the weather.

Very enthusiastic friendly crowd.

I hope the Kings manage to find some riders to make them more competitive - you certainly couldn't fault any of the riders for effort - and that the track is able to continue for many years.

Wolfie

Edited by Wolfie
  • Like 1

Paid a visit to Sittingbourne to complete my set of British Tracks once more.

I was very impressed - lovely little stadium and track - would put some EL stadia and tracks to shame - shame the track got a bit dusty towards the end but very understandable given the weather.

Very enthusiastic friendly crowd.

I hope the Kings manage to find some riders to make them more competitive - you certainly couldn't fault any of the riders for effort - and that the track is able to continue for many years.

Wolfie

That's hidden praise for Adam Kirby who is part of a collective pat-on-the-back from Wolfie.

Edited by Guest

Got mixed emotions about last nights result. Of course i'd like to have seen the Kings take a first 'competitive' victory but seeing as I was unable to attend it means that I could still be there to witness it when it eventually happens, and it will, soon.

Good luck lads and well done AK.

• Like 1