British Speedway Forum

Has Middlo explained why he used an out of form Kennett or why he didn't use the joker in heat 3 of the Play Off when Tai was against 3 vastly inferior riders ?

Not Middlo bashing, just asking a question.

Then pick a better side??

its not just about picking a better side! That's a blinkered view! It's about getting the best out of what we got and he patently doesn't do that. It's like telling Wenger to manage Scunthorpe he won't make them premier champions but I bet they do better!

Personally , i'd like to see Loram given a shot at the job. Number one choice in my book.

Personally , i'd like to see Loram given a shot at the job. Number one choice in my book.

And what about if Mark Cannot do any better with the same riders at his disposal... Oh, u'l all say, well, Mark was only a stop gap.. Ha ha, turn it which ever way you like, we are not good enough no matter who is put in the team...

And what about if Mark Cannot do any better with the same riders at his disposal... Oh, u'l all say, well, Mark was only a stop gap.. Ha ha, turn it which ever way you like, we are not good enough no matter who is put in the team...

Yea that is the whole point most people think they will better with someone else with the same riders ..when is the penny going to drop .

Edited by orion

Yea that is the whole most people think they will better with someone else with the same riders ..when is the penny going to drop .

Problem is mate, we won't.

its not just about picking a better side! That's a blinkered view! It's about getting the best out of what we got and he patently doesn't do that. It's like telling Wenger to manage Scunthorpe he won't make them premier champions but I bet they do better!

Forget it you know less about football than you do about speedway!

Problem is mate, we won't.

How do you know that ? put it this way it was impossible to do worst than muddlo done this this year .it was a total shambles and anyone would have done better .

Edited by orion

Yea that is the whole most people think they will better with someone else with the same riders ..when is the penny going to drop .

When is the peny going to drop with you that another manager, might have the same talent to work with, but might motivate them to do better, to punch above their weight.

• Like 1

And what about if Mark Cannot do any better with the same riders at his disposal...

Depends what riders you pick......Everyman and his dog said EK was a shocking pick , yet you're still defending it ? Are you Muddlo in diguise ?

When is the peny going to drop with you that another manager, might have the same talent to work with, but might motivate them to do better, to punch above their weight.

That is what I think as well. ..think you might have got the wrong end of the stick,. read my post again

Edited by orion

Some Brits have a attitude problem and big ego to try and cope with ,which is beyond them

A good manager would be able to deal with the attitudes and antics of the team by motivation. Imo a huge downfall of Middlo is that he wants to be liked by all the riders and is afraid to upset or discipline them, whether that is at club or country level.

Gav, and tell me this, what has Neil got to work with? If he puts out the experienced riders and we get beat, people moan, if he puts out the kids and they get tailed off, which they will, people will moan, he's in a no win situation.. But of course there are many would be managers on here who obviously think they can do better,,, behind a keyboard...

Said from....behind a keyboard!

With the current crop of riders that would be one hell of a punch!

He picked Kennett when nearly every speedway fan on here knew it was the wrong choice ..I doubt anyone could do worst than what team gb done in this world cup in comeing last in a race off behind USA and Latvia ..The bottom line is team gb results were poor with the side they had I can't see any logic than can show otherwise . Not sure why you keep using this stupid example about horses but if we are going to I would say we might have had a Derby Horse but our group horse got bet by two donkey on Weston super mare bench .

Even before the KL event he had regrets over picking EK, I tweeted Middleditch and asked him directly if he has any regrets over the team he picked - his reply was something like "It can't be changed now, we need to get behind them" - not exactly a shot of confidence from your manager!

Then pick a better side??

For Kings Lynn I'd of gone with Harris, King, Worrell and Cook.

No Tai as he wouldn't of been needed, so would of given King a look with Worrell and Cook getting some exposure.

We were never going to win that event or finish last, so we had a chance to try a few riders - was that chance taken? Well 1 out of 4 ain't bad, right? According to you it's bloody perfect as that's the option Middleditch took, to everybody else it should of been AT LEAST 2 out of 4 riders being looked at, Worrall has banged in some big scores round KL in the EL so would of handled himself I feel, Cook also deserved his place on merit. Why King was overlook totally - and especially when Kennett was included - is a mystery.

So there you go, I look forward to your reply, from behind your keyboard using an anonymous name "Starman2006" (And before you say I am, I have my Twitter profile in my signature which includes my name).

• Like 1