British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oneandtwohalfs

Leicester Lions V Sheffield Tigers 27/07/13. 7.30 Pm

So what do we think? Interesting to see Nick Morris at No1 for Sheffield. Be good to see Roynon back at BP. Think Dave Howe will race well for his "home" team, and Schramm is a good voice of guest at reserve. Could be a good meeting. Think Lions have more strength in depth. Lions to win by 12.

Weather permitting.

Look's like the weather will win this one. Hope not.

The Weather forecast don't look fantastic :o

can we expect mud/rubble slides on the super wide 'Baffle Barrier'. Hopefully so, as personally i'm looking forward to see the tree tops again on my walk up to the stadium :t:

If Karlsson is repeating his last known form then i expect a Lions victory by about 6. Interesting to see how Sergeant fares against the other reserves in this meeting as i like him and think he's got a bit about him to make some progress. Roynon still looked really tentative last week but with Compton in place of Hall i expect team ethic may have improved for the Tigers which might help. Hopefully we'll be making the gate and weaving all over the track to stop Nick Morris passing this time!

Mick.

can we expect mud/rubble slides on the super wide 'Baffle Barrier'. Hopefully so, as personally i'm looking forward to see the tree tops again on my walk up to the stadium :t:

If Karlsson is repeating his last known form then i expect a Lions victory by about 6. Interesting to see how Sergeant fares against the other reserves in this meeting as i like him and think he's got a bit about him to make some progress. Roynon still looked really tentative last week but with Compton in place of Hall i expect team ethic may have improved for the Tigers which might help. Hopefully we'll be making the gate and weaving all over the track to stop Nick Morris passing this time!

Mick.

i think a lot will depend on what sort of track magnus and the rest of the team will be faced with when they get there today.if its rough and bumpy then with his shoulder problem i would expect karlsson to struggle,smooth like it was in the latter stages when newcastle was there we should be ok we need david howe to have a better meeting than he did last night and the same goes for doolan who seems to have lost his way a little,i think sheffield will push us all the way and although i like a close meeting please not another ht 15 cliff hanger the old ticker cant handle it.

Sue is on Holiday so i'll ask

Is anyone going who could possibly text results for the Updates site for this meeting. If you can help, please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

i think a lot will depend on what sort of track magnus and the rest of the team will be faced with when they get there today.if its rough and bumpy then with his shoulder problem i would expect karlsson to struggle,cant handle it.

And I guess that depends on whether anyones still paying the tractor bills! I think lessons have been learned (the hard way!) so i think a good track and a 15 pointer from Magnus. No more, no less :t:

why do you feel the need to change or add to what i posted mick? do you think that was clever? because i dont !

why do you feel the need to change or add to what i posted mick? do you think that was clever? because i dont !

Meeting off ???

Meeting off ???

Meeting off due to severe weather warning for this evening. Re-scheduled for tomorrow 6.00pm

What happened to we will always try to get a meeting on at Leicester unless its heavy rain at start time and we can not sort the track out ?

• Like 1

Someone must be taking the pi55.. Is it April 1st

Off because it might rain you surely having a laugh.. Sheffield to Leicester is about 70 mile and just over a hr drive.. Surely they wait till late afternoon to make this decision but maybe release a statement to check b4 people travel

What happened to we will always try to get a meeting on at Leicester unless its heavy rain at start time and we can not sort the track out ?

Looking at the forecast it seems a pretty sensible decision really. Forecast, heavy thundery downpours from late afternoon & most of the night, at least early decision saves Sheffield fans a wasted journey.Whatever the promotion do it's not going to please everyone, but this seems like perfect common sense to me, just run it tomorrow when the forecast is better.
  • Like 1

Although it might rain in an hour or so, It's been a scorcher of a day all day. 6.15 and my kids are still in the pool. I have to say it's looking a ridiculous decision. Clearly panic stations that the football would affect the crowd. I'm a season ticket holder that's already thinking i'll struggle to get enough meetings out it to make it worthwhile and now have to change some pre made plans for tomorrow to make the value hold up. It makes you wonder if the financial state of the promotion is such that a second hopeless crowd in a row or a rain off will prove terminal to them. As Flagrag says, i thought we were the track that would always try and run a meeting.

Honestly can't believe the meeting has been postponed due to the weather!

Facebook at least is providing a bit of entertainment as the 'Support everything Leicester do or piss off' crowd man the battlements!

edited at 6.40 to say we are getting a few spots and a bit of thunder in the distance!

Edited by volty