British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blueherb777

Kent Kings V Buxton Nl 29/7/13

The big question - Will `The Kings` Win their FIRST ever competitive fixture (National League) ??And will the weather behave itself? :D

The big question - Will `The Kings` Win their FIRST ever competitive fixture (National League) ??And will the weather behave itself? :D

The weather forecast isn't too good for the afternoon, but fingers crossed the match goes on as scheduled.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637802

Charles Wright is in tremendous form and will take some beating ,he will be ably backed by Adam Mckinna a usefull performer on his day. The youngsters in both teams may hold the key to the result of this match ,,,.We now have a more solid top 4 and if Adam and Connor can continue their improvement and pick up points against Buxton,s lower order i think we will get home, Jack Kingston needs to calm down a bit and stop throwing points away ,He has ability but i feel he over rides and then falls ,sometimes in good point scoring positions ..The team needs those points,and he can get them, its called using your head , I sincerly hope all the riders have a good safe meeting and the paramedic arrives in time for the match to be completed

• Like 2

Charles Wright is in tremendous form and will take some beating ,he will be ably backed by Adam Mckinna a usefull performer on his day. The youngsters in both teams may hold the key to the result of this match ,,,.We now have a more solid top 4 and if Adam and Connor can continue their improvement and pick up points against Buxton,s lower order i think we will get home, Jack Kingston needs to calm down a bit and stop throwing points away ,He has ability but i feel he over rides and then falls ,sometimes in good point scoring positions ..The team needs those points,and he can get them, its called using your head , I sincerly hope all the riders have a good safe meeting and the paramedic arrives in time for the match to be completed

And Jack never gates.Always making it hard for himself. :blink:

Whenever I've seen Jack Kingston this season I've been impressed. Waco is right that he needs to settle for points sometimes rather than keep pushing on for more and coming unstuck, however he clearly has heart and you know he's going to be in there giving his all. He's shown lots of positive signs and he's gonna be a half decent rider I'm sure.

• Like 2

Yes the Kings have a more solid look about them now, but Buxton had the result of the season last week at Mildenhall, this meeting is close to call, but much will depend on the 2 No1,s Steve and Charles, Im going to predict this is meeting The Kings will gain a very narrow win. Jack Kingston is a young lad, who is keen, however no points are ever given, but they are sometimes lost, jack needs to realise he is the junior of Kings 2 reserves, and as such 3rd place is all that he is required to get for now, and he has 4 laps to get that point, good luck to both Teams.

Edited by greyhoundp

Unfortunately there can be an implied culture in this league which encourages team mates to race each other to make a name for themselves, in some teams anyway. Maybe Jack feels like he is living in Kirby's shadow and it isn't where he wants to be. Should you stifle enthusiasm in this league? or should you let the rider develop at his own pace, in his own way? Richie Worrall was forever falling off in his first season now look where he is and then there is Josh Bates and he isn't doing to badly now.

Edited by TMW

Fingers crossed the rain stays away, both met office and yahoo weather are saying it should be dry, but we all know how accurate forecasts can be. Looking forward to tonight's meeting, my in laws are coming down from Essex to their first meeting at Kent Kings, so hopefully it will be a good meeting and they'll be converted from lakeside fans ;)

Latest weather report ive seen suggests we may well get away with this one.. By saying that i hope i hav,nt put the mocurse on it .. Looking forward to some competitive racing today ... :t:

Latest weather report ive seen suggests we may well get away with this one.. By saying that i hope i hav,nt put the mocurse on it .. Looking forward to some competitive racing today ... :t:

................................. and 1st WIN................. :t:

• Like 1

A weather update this morning shows good weather for most of the day but warns of light showers at key times 5pm, 7pm and 8pm.

Latest BBC Weather shows an improvement on the one put up on here previously. :approve:

Kent are fully in command against Buxton - that first National League win already certain. But what happened to Adam Kirby?

6. Adam Kirby Fx = 0 Withdrawn

Well done to Kent their first league win of the new era.!!!!!!! Well done to all concerned :cheers:

and well done to Charlotte and Lauren for their tweets. They do a grand job each week and never get a mention

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1