British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Sheffield Tigers V Newcastle Diamonds Premier League 1st August

I think the big problem with Ricky Wells is that I think genuinely struggles with the Sheffield track, but his figures away from Sheffield are really good, slightly under 7 at home where as over 8 points away from home for meetings rode this season. That means the majority of the fans at Sheffield don't really see the true value of Ricky Wells to the team.

Rickys the main man away but when he misses the gate I think the Sheffield fans want to see him making an effort,last night he didn't seem to show any passion where as Lawson was really pumped and hes only guesting.I like Ricky because hes not a one track rider but for some reason he didn't seem to be on the pace.

Damo might need to do what he did a few weeks ago and have a blast round scunny and where ever else he went just to get a bit of fitness back.We need him to get back to where he was scoring big numbers again.

This lad will get back on the points, its also his first season in British speedway and he will not have seen many of the tracks. So the learning curve is steep. Sheffield is a track that you need to learn to find the correct racing line as with all the tracks but the speeds involved at Sheffield doesnt leave much margin for any error! I am sure he will be out and about very soon putting in the laps and experimenting with various set up.

• Like 1

Ignore the workington minority Richard Lawson is well liked by comets supporters and hopefully he will stay in blue and white where he belongs:-)

• Like 1

I think the big problem with Ricky Wells is that I think genuinely struggles with the Sheffield track, but his figures away from Sheffield are really good, slightly under 7 at home where as over 8 points away from home for meetings rode this season. That means the majority of the fans at Sheffield don't really see the true value of Ricky Wells to the team.

To be honest Spinny for three quarters of the meeting most home riders were struggling with the track and all night it was gate and go (gone). When he got the gate in heat 12 the track wasn't a problem.

The stock car meeting on the flooded track can't have helped matters and that was quite obvious down the back straight, where both Compton and Koppe both attempted passes that they really should have completed.

Not a big fan of Wells myself but he was no worse than most home riders on Thursday and I'm sure he'll do better than most up at Brough tomorrow!

Lawson again...OH FECK!....I'll apologise if he gets double figures....

Well I was wrong about that wasn't I? :oops: Apology to Richard Lawson...god I'm getting good at saying sorry,shows how much I know.

• Like 2