British Speedway Forum
Mark

2014 Wild Cards - 3 World Champs ?

Anyone else think we may have a situation where Holder, Gollob and maybe Hancock will need a pick for next season to retain their place in the Grand Prix series ?

Holder will drop down the table via inactivity but Ward will surely climb up. Maybe Lindgren could come back to form after injury.

Hancock will probably be safe after Torun but Gollob is woefully out of form.

Why would you want to give a wild card each to Gollob or Greg?

Both have been around for a long time and are two of speedways biggest profiles but its time to let them go if the fail to qualify on their own.

Agree with Ghostwalker. Would only be 1 or the other. Would be Greg IMO.

I also want to add, that I think Greg will make top 8. Freddie Lindgren will probably get another undeserved wild card.

NOT a lot of Swedes to choose from. Quite possible they will have no riders in the top eight. Who would get a wild card?

Probably Jonsson as he has often been in the top 8 whereas Lindgren has largely relied on wildcards and Lindback has used the GP qualifiers in addition to finishing last season in great style. BUT Jonsson could be considered lucky to be in the GPs this year, Lindback is fighting ADHD and Freddie is still not 100%.

I think hammock will finish top 8. holder will obviously get a wild card, i think gollob deserves one too (only a last season people were whining about pedersen getting one). Sweden will get one place, on form u would have to say Freddie should be given that - he,s never gonna bexworld champ but over last two seasons has shown he is a top ten rider.

The Swedes are the 'token Brit' type problem next season as in addition to the above mentioned riders don't forget an absolute Wild Card inclusion must and will be Darcy Ward, some 16 points out of the frame at the moment due to his time out with an injury.

Edited by manchesterpaul

I'm pretty confident ward will finish top 8. but if not he and holder are the only certain picks for next year.

Ghostwalker / Panther - I'm not saying I would give them wild cards but that they might need them to race in 2014.

Edited by marky

think it will be

Ward

Sayfutinov

Woffinden

Pedersen

Holder

Hampel

Zagar

Iversen

Kaprazak

Lindgren

Hancock

and another from outside the GP or the qualifiers

When you look at the class of the top 8 (and deduct Holder from that) there is only really room for 1 rider to move into that, I'd be inclined to think that Ward will be that 8th rider. In my opinion Gollob will retire at the end of this season, Holder and MAYBE Lindgren will be given a wild card, the rest will not be considered. Jonssonn and Lindback are a farcry of their former days and need time to recuperate before coming back. It's a shame because if all riders were to hit the form we know they're all capable of, this series could have been the best we've ever seen.

Well IMO Lindgren does not deserve another wild card, he have had too many already and If it has to be a Sweden then I think THJ should be allowed to do a full GP-season.

I also think (as I always do) that Grigorij Laguta is worthy of a wild card.

• Like 1