British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

Rye House V Leicester Saturday 10.08.13

Thomas Jorgensen instead of Ricky wells for Lions . pretty much like for like doubt it will affect the result

Much prefer Jorgensen against us, Wells can be pretty handy around Rye. Other than when he is guesting for us ))

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2646807

To sum it up, cloudy, no rain expected, 18-20 Celsius

Allen, Bunyan, Mellgren, Nelson, Morley, Lykke, Aspgren

Jorgensen, Graversen, Karlsson, Doolan, Nieminen, Edberg, Sarjeant

Cheers Shadders.

Much prefer Jorgensen against us, Wells can be pretty handy around Rye. Other than when he is guesting for us ))

Jorgensens last visit produced paid 7... We know what Ricky Wells is capable of

It's not like the 'good old days' when an injured rider was replaced by a reserve from the side and a second-half rider was give a chance to take the reserve's place.

Times have changed since the days of one bike per rider on the back of a car, plus a track spare. Equipment prices have shot up over the past 20 years or so. Speedway is a very expensive hobby unless you have sponsorship. Young riders trying to make it in what is now no longer a hobby, but a professional sport have it a lot tougher... You can't compare speedway today to that from the "good old days"

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Jorgensens last visit produced paid 7... We know what Ricky Wells is capable of

Times have changed since the days of one bike per rider on the back of a car, plus a track spare. Equipment prices have shot up over the past 20 years or so. Speedway is a very expensive hobby unless you have sponsorship. Young riders trying to make it in what is now no longer a hobby, but a professional sport have it a lot tougher... You can't compare speedway today to that from the "good old days"

Which they undoubtedly were! :approve:

I can't really see the Lions getting much from this. I think they will be lucky to get within 15 of the Rockets :-(

Defeatist! We have every chance of getting all 4 points. They have a No1 who is just back from a lengthy lay off, a NL rider at No5. Mellgren blows hot and cold, the only stronge position they have is at reserve with Asprgen.

Saying that, we'll probably get whooped.

Come on the Lions!

I can't really see the Lions getting much from this. I think they will be lucky to get within 15 of the Rockets :-(

I think you couldn't be more wrong.

Lions win.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2646807

To sum it up, cloudy, no rain expected, 18-20 Celsius

Allen, Bunyan, Mellgren, Nelson, Morley, Lykke, Aspgren

Jorgensen, Graversen, Karlsson, Doolan, Nieminen, Edberg, Sarjeant

If this is in riding order then Morley lines up at 5. Is this correct?

No idea mate.

No idea mate.

Thanks anyway

I would guess he'll be at 4..

Went tonight for the 1st time this year and if im honest despite the meeting and racing being close i doubt ill make a return. Speedway is terrible value for money. Its stuck in a timewarp and i can see why it doesnt attract a younger generation. I was a a regular up until the middle of last year but it really is missing some energy

Not the greatest of meetings and really not sure why Leicester allowed Alex E to take 3 rides? It was obvious to everyone that he was struggling with his recent injuries and never did more than half a lap.

Heat 11 was interesting; Mellgren falls on his own, Leicester are on a 8-1 with the tactical ride, the old boy on the 4th bend decides to show a red flag to Gravesen who slows and puts his hand up, Aspgren then overtakes him for 2nd place and the ref does nowt about it?

With the close score at the end that alone could have made a big difference.

Nice to see that after Shadders complaints, the hole in the car park has been filled in. :lol::rofl:

Edited by BossMan

Went tonight for the 1st time this year and if im honest despite the meeting and racing being close i doubt ill make a return. Speedway is terrible value for money. Its stuck in a timewarp and i can see why it doesnt attract a younger generation. I was a a regular up until the middle of last year but it really is missing some energy

If money is tight then you're probably better off finding another pastime. Unfortunately, those of us with the speedway bug will be there week in week out, home and away

Not sure if I'm pleased or not with a couple of points tonight. With an obviously unfit Olly Allen and a NL guest at 4. The Leicester fans on the first bend were extatic to the point of orgasm with their point. Not a lot of passing on a quick track, but enough close races to keep it interesting. A farcical heat 11 swung the meeting Leicester's way, but the referee got all his decisions spot on tonight.

Nice to see that after Shadders complaints, the hole in the car park has been filled in. :lol::rofl:

Two weeks too late :(

• Like 1