British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lionking

Leicester Vs Rye House 11/8

Yep I fear for the future of the lions hope I am wrong but it's got to change

Yep I fear for the future of the lions hope I am wrong but it's got to change

Never fear. There is a master plan in place. We are heading for the Elite League next season where Sky will give us loads of money. :blink:

• Like 1

What a shame to see such a good setup ruined by the track, the riders hate it, the crowd hates it, just alter it before it's too late, to almost overtake is about as good as it gets, can't believe the crowd was as good as it was, as the entertainment was terrible.

• Like 1

What a shame to see such a good setup ruined by the track, the riders hate it, the crowd hates it, just alter it before it's too late, to almost overtake is about as good as it gets, can't believe the crowd was as good as it was, as the entertainment was terrible.

Well it is true that the "track debate" is an old one, but unfortunately, still relivent. However, I dont seem to recall any reasonable suggestions on what needs to be done, only people saying something needs to be done.

So what are the REAL possibilities open to the promoters - and please dont suggest starting again as clearly that would not be realistic.

Echo all you say there. A poor match last night. I think we should try and use NL guests as well as cover for Edberg. Albin looked to be there for the apperance money. He didn't look interested at all. He didn't ride like that for Sheffield the other week. At least a NL guest would try and impress for a chance in the future.

What is it with riders riding when not fully fit. I'm not knocking Nemo because he fell and agrovated his knee, but as much as I like Edberg, I think he cost us the match on Sat at Rye House. It only needed a guest res to take a couple of points and we would have won.

Never mind onwards and upwards.

I'm a bit puzzled about what goes on, when it comes to riders who are unfit being included in teams. Who decides, and how? I think that Edberg on Saturday was a fiasco, from all accounts. Surely, somebody ought to have known he was unfit - not just unfit but to the extent that he seemingly couldn't complete a lap - not just once but three times.

Similarly with Nieminen, it has been clear for some weeks (even after having his brace fitted) that he's only capable of contributing a handful of points per match, so why have Leicester persisted in naming him in the team.

I know all about the pitfalls of R/R and guests, but it has all seemed rather amateurish, and taking those 2 matches against Rye, Leicester could and perhaps should have had 5 points from them (and maybe 6), but actually achieved 1.

It was interesting to see how Rye handled OIly Allen's situation: he gave it a go on Saturday, but both club and rider obviously came to the conclusion that he wasn't yet capable enpough, and promptly replaced him with Grajczonek at Leicester - whom i wouldn't be surprised was on standby in case Allen wasn't up to it. Look at the outcome.

Contrast this with Leicester's approach with Nieminen.

Would anyone from Leicester Speedway care to respond to this question, please?

. However, I dont seem to recall any reasonable suggestions on what needs to be done, only people saying something needs to be done.

So what are the REAL possibilities open to the promoters - and please dont suggest starting again as clearly that would not be realistic.

I don't think you've been on BSF because we've also done the the reasonable suggestions of what needs to be done. We've been making reasonable suggestions since april 2011 if i remember rightly, much to the annoyance of the 'Hitler youth' and some friends oop north. Most suggestions involve shortening the straights by a decent amount and the apexs as well but by a smaller amount (whichi would guess would also allow the track to be prepared differently). General consenus is the cost of this is between 3k for altering one end (which would do the same job) and 6k-7k for both (or if you listen to David Hemsley, 1 million including the resiting of the stands!). Finances would not appear to have been a problem as offers have been made to the promotion previously to cover this cost (not the mil mind) though i think we've moved on too far for some since this was mentioned. Instransigence unfortunately appears to be the main stumbling block.

The other option would be buying Nick Morris though i'm not sure that would be cheaper and it also doesn't have the long term benefits!

Mick.

Edited by volty

Only way to cure the problem is to shorten the straights, not sure if it's feasible to do the pit bend one winter, then the other bend the following winter to spread the cost, the shape of the bends are great, if the straights are shorter.

I think fans have run out of patience with hemsley after 3 seasons with his lack of changes to the track.

Doolan and Karlsson, who inexplicably pulled wheelies and celebrated as if they had won us the match. Clearly the fans care more about the team's performance than the riders do.

That's disgusting behavior. I hope they are publicly executed on the centre green at the next match. :mad:

• Like 1

Volty matched my views in his earlier post. Heat 15 was another win from the gate, this time by Doolan and Karlsson, who inexplicably pulled wheelies and celebrated as if they had won us the match.

Probably celebrating taking the extra match point away from Rye House

Similarly with Nieminen, it has been clear for some weeks (even after having his brace fitted) that he's only capable of contributing a handful of points per match, so why have Leicester persisted

It was interesting to see how Rye handled OIly Allen's situation: he gave it a go on Saturday, but both club and rider obviously came to the conclusion that he wasn't yet capable enpough, and promptly replaced him with Grajczonek at Leicester - whom i wouldn't be surprised was on standby in case Allen wasn't up to it. Look at the outcome.

Rye House team manger John Sampford told us that Olly's arm had swelled up overnight, the result of having it bashed into by Jan Graversen in heat 1 when Olly fell... Josh G was asked to guest on Sunday morning if I remember correctly

Glad you enjoyed your visit Shadders and a good result for you as well. :wink:

I'm back in a couple of weeks with the Bandits Gemini :)

I'm a bit puzzled about what goes on, when it comes to riders who are unfit being included in teams. Who decides, and how? I think that Edberg on Saturday was a fiasco, from all accounts. Surely, somebody ought to have known he was unfit - not just unfit but to the extent that he seemingly couldn't complete a lap - not just once but three times.

I was puzzled as to why they waited until Alex had his third ride before withdrawing him from the meeting when it was clear that he was struggling after his first.

Similarly with Nieminen, it has been clear for some weeks (even after having his brace fitted) that he's only capable of contributing a handful of points per match, so why have Leicester persisted in naming him in the team.

I know all about the pitfalls of R/R and guests, but it has all seemed rather amateurish, and taking those 2 matches against Rye, Leicester could and perhaps should have had 5 points from them (and maybe 6), but actually achieved 1.

Would anyone from Leicester Speedway care to respond to this question, please?

I don't suppose the management were aware that Nieminen was going to crash in heat 3 and injure his shoulder. If only they had some form of time machine to see into the future. Total oversight by the management again.

That's disgusting behavior. I hope they are publicly executed on the centre green at the next match. :mad:

You may be happy with the club's flippant attitude towards mediocrity. I prefer to see a team I support take it a bit more seriously. Celebrate success, not defeat.

You may be happy with the club's flippant attitude towards mediocrity. I prefer to see a team I support take it a bit more seriously. Celebrate success, not defeat.

To be honest I couldn't give a rodents rectum.

• Like 2

maybe you are taking it to heart to much whats wrong with a few wheelies most of the fans enjoy watching riders perform wheelies i know my two nephews love it when riders do them.i think kevin and magnus deserved there bit of fun after all they both did there jobs you cant deny that.

• Like 1