British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

King's Lynn Young Stars V Kent Kings, Nat Lge, 14/08/2013

Hmm, can't actually see the logic... Robert's home country is here, his home COUNTY club is KL...!

because as already stated, he has commitments in Germany first and foremost!

if Robert's home country wouldn't allow him to ride against quality riders, but Germany allow it, why should he turn his back on THEM??

P1928 - because Robert Lambert has a previously signed agreement to race in Germany maybe?

This link from King's Lynn may be of some interest in regard to Robert's career.

http://www.kingslynn...-robert-lambert :unsure:

Steve Hone - I am glad you can see the point that I (and another poster) has made in regard to Robert Lambert's priorities. :approve:

With all due respect why should he miss the german meetings?? He signed to ride over there 1st, the competion and calibre of the riders he is riding against is far better than that of the NL amd he will learn alot more out there than he will riding around Stoke. Kings Lynn knew the score when they signed him

I think this is another valid explanation in regard to Robert Lambert's availability for UK speedway? :lol:

Edited by Guest

Hmm, can't actually see the logic... Robert's home country is here, his home COUNTY club is KL...!

From the start it was always stated that his commitment abroad had priority. We may not like it but we have to accept it this season and be thankful that Britain has such a promising young star in the making.

The reason why Lambert is riding in Germany is because his COUNTRY as you call it let him down so Robert owes them nothing and stil haven't learned from it.

The reason why Lambert is riding in Germany is because his COUNTRY as you call it let him down so Robert owes them nothing and stil haven't learned from it.

An interesting remark. In what way as Robert Lambert been let down by the UK? :unsure:

That frankly is a very out of context comment.

The rules in this country say you can't ride 500cc competitively until 15 and can't ride in the PL or EL until 16.

These are NOT rules designed to have a go at Robert, they're just the rules!

There does have to be an age limit or are you happy allowing 12 or 13 year olds to ride in fully competitive meetings?

Totally over the top to say that his country has let him down...!!

Well I agree the uk has held him back and if I was in his shoes I would be riding in Germany and not in the uk at weekends, if he can ride against top European riders on the continent that has got to be better for him than riding against nl riders in the uk at weekends!!! He has more ability at 15 than most riders in the premier league now do you think he would have that ability if he stuck by the rules here and just rode in the uk ??? Leave the bloody boy alone and support him he is the best talent the uk has ever produced. the way you all keep slating him I would not be surprised if he did not take out a German licence when he was 16 then you will all be happy then!! This country should have a riding test to see if you can ride because I have seen plenty of 15/16 year old riders looking way out of control and dangerous to other riders and I have seen other riders at 14 who have far more control than a 16 year old. My motto is if your good enough your age should make no difference. If you do read this Robert take no notice of the idiots on here do what's best for your career and carry on ridding like you are and we will have a future world champion in the making!

• Like 1

The rules in this country say you can't ride 500cc competitively until 15 and can't ride in the PL or EL until 16.

There does have to be an age limit or are you happy allowing 12 or 13 year olds to ride in fully competitive meetings?

Apart from anything it isn't out of context as you, and others, seem to struggle with the concept that his' loyalty is with his German Club'.

Don't be ridiculous no I don't think they are having a go a Robert. I'm more than happy for them to ride professionally at 15 but then don't moan when they go off to other countries.

How do you explain the fact that Aussies(to a lesser extent), Poles, Germans, Danes and Swedes arrive on our shores ready to race 500 cc bikes in the EL. People seem to think they are an overnight sensation wel NEWS FLASH!!!! They are not they are allowed to race younger. Stephan Nielsen raced in Denmark now Lambert is racing in Germany.

I'm more than happy for them to start at 15 but don't moan when our 15/16 years olds are just about ready for the NL. What is Reece Downers, Kyle Bickley and Lewis Whitmore, to name a few, going to do? sit around waiting? if I was them I get off to the continent !!!!!! and another loss to this country.

No much better to keep things as they are

An interesting remark. In what way as Robert Lambert been let down by the UK? :unsure:

He could probably be riding for Kent now if it hadn't been for his German commitments. You could have had Boxall and Lambert It sounds to me like this country has let you down as well. :t:

Edited by TMW

He could probably be riding for Kent now if it hadn't been for his German commitments. You could have had Boxall and Lambert It sounds to me like this country has let you down as well. :t:

To be honest I don't think that I would be interested in going to speedway meetings if they were "dominated" by 14 and 15 year old kids. And imagine the Press ballyhoo if a it was allowed and a 14 year was fatally injured when competing against senior riders?

Are there not FIM guidelines as to what age riders should be before they can compete in senior events?

TMW - you keep on about how "who has let who down" in regard to the availability of Robert Lambert now blaming "this country" for the fact he not not riding for Kent Kings. How have you arrived at this conclusion? :unsure:

P1928 - do you know if there were an overtures for Robert Lambert to sign for Kent Kings as TMW seems to think - at least according to his Posts if I am reading them correctly?

Well summarised. My feelings entirely.

Edited by Guest

To be honest I don't think that I would be interested in going to speedway meetings if they were "dominated" by 14 and 15 year old kids. And imagine the Press ballyhoo if a it was allowed and a 14 year was fatally injured when competing against senior riders?

Are there not FIM guidelines as to what age riders should be before they can compete in senior events?

TMW - you keep on about how "who has let who down" in regard to the availability of Robert Lambert now blaming "this country" for the fact he not not riding for Kent Kings. How have you arrived at this conclusion? :unsure:

P1928 - do you know if there were an overtures for Robert Lambert to sign for Kent Kings as TMW seems to think - at least according to his Posts if I am reading them correctly

Obviously not, as Lambert is allowed to race in Germany.

Lambert has been riding against senior riders and he is in 1 piece.

Waco intimated it at the start of the season when everyone expected Lambert to sign for Kent, if you remember. Hence the last minute inclusion of Woods in the side and that his availability would have been the stumbling block.

I enjoy watching him and if I'm honest I don't even think of his age. Anyway lets just enjoy the times he can ride I'm sure if he feels it will help him he will ride on the NLRC.

I don't know if you have seen this thread

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=71376&st=0

Edited by TMW

He is amazing to watch and we were lucky enough to get him on to the YS books. Very much in control of his machine and a lot safer than some I have witnessed over the years.

Getting back to the meeting. We felt sorry for Adam Kirby even though we are YS supporters. Adam was having terrific bike problems and it looked to us that no one in KK team would lend him a bike to help the side. It came across to us that the KK didn't seem to gel together as a team. This is just an observation !!!

He is amazing to watch and we were lucky enough to get him on to the YS books. Very much in control of his machine and a lot safer than some I have witnessed over the years.

Getting back to the meeting. We felt sorry for Adam Kirby even though we are YS supporters. Adam was having terrific bike problems and it looked to us that no one in KK team would lend him a bike to help the side. It came across to us that the KK didn't seem to gel together as a team. This is just an observation !!!

I'm surprised at that Whippy as David mason is supposed to be the glue and he seems to take his role quite seriously.

I'm surprised at that Whippy as David mason is supposed to be the glue and he seems to take his role quite seriously.

From where we were we could see Adam in the pits and it seemed as tho he had asked but then came back to his corner and took helmet off, bikeless it would seem.

At no point have I 'had a go' at Robert. And the comment that his country has "let him down" Is without question completely OTT... That implies some deliberate sleight or prejudice against him and there's been none. Gustix is 100% right - the day a rider is crippled or dies on track and they are 14 years of age (or is 13 alright for you too...?) and have been in a race against riders in their mid-20s is the day Speedway would be in danger of being closed down for good by the authorities. Every sport (not just motor sport) has lower age limits at certain levels and for good reason. When you're a school-boy/youth you compete at that level.

Just because Germany allows younger riders to compete against adults doesn't automatically make it right. Besides which, this was relevant last year when he was 14 and couldn't ride competitively here at all - now he can and is with great effect in the NL.

I was at a meeting a few years back now when a rider, days only after his 15th. birthday had a terrible crash. It was so bad at the time that at the end of the meeting officials (and I was giving an official a lift, so I stayed too) were made to stay behind by the Police who interviewed everyone, as at that point it was being treated as a fatal accident enquiry. Thankfully the young man recovered completely but one could see the surprise in the Police Officers' faces at the date of birth of the injured rider.

I am actually only thinking of Robert himself - because I know of other riders who were brilliant prospects as youngsters who didn't take the chance to win titles they surely would've walked, because they only saw the future. I think some may now regret that. If Robert is NLR champ this year it's in the record books - the first step in a glorious BRITISH racing career.

As a matter of interest, what kind of events is young Lambert riding in every weekend in Germany?

• Like 1

I was at a meeting a few years back now when a rider, days only after his 15th. birthday had a terrible crash. It was so bad at the time that at the end of the meeting officials (and I was giving an official a lift, so I stayed too) were made to stay behind by the Police who interviewed everyone, as at that point it was being treated as a fatal accident enquiry. Thankfully the young man recovered completely but one could see the surprise in the Police Officers' faces at the date of birth of the injured rider.

What an excellent endorsement for age restraints on when a rider is old enough to compete in senior racing. There are some "tough cookies" in speedway who don't give nor expect any quarter. That's part and parcel of the sport.

If older, more experienced riders are to race against kids is it not possible they will be mentally forced to hold back from hard competition to avoid an accident of the type P1928 illustrates?

What an excellent endorsement for age restraints on when a rider is old enough to compete in senior racing. There are some "tough cookies" in speedway who don't give nor expect any quarter. That's part and parcel of the sport.

If older, more experienced riders are to race against kids is it not possible they will be mentally forced to hold back from hard competition to avoid an accident of the type P1928 illustrates?

and....I fully agree but don't moan when they aren't available for competition in this when carrying out duties on the continent which is what I was saying in the first place. It was P1928 who raised the topic of his Country not me in an almost emotional blackmail way. Well as he himself insinuated in the SS at the moment his country is Germany.