British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Sgp/bsi And Sec/one Sport It Is War Now

IT is a fee paid to the FIM, suppose you could call it a licence. GPs are at the top of the scale. Don't think it includes insurance coverage, that remains the responsibility of the local promoter as far as I know.

IT is a fee paid to the FIM, suppose you could call it a licence. GPs are at the top of the scale. Don't think it includes insurance coverage, that remains the responsibility of the local promoter as far as I know.

I'm sure enough to say that this inscription fee outside SGP in gp qualis for example includes insurance for the crowd, cost for the jury chairman and the ref. Does not include prize money. SGP I dont know, but this inscription fee is now almost clear... = )

this inscription fee?? Is it sort of like a meeting license or what?

In the UK it would be called a permit fee. In the case of the MSA (4-wheeled motor sport) it's supposed to cover the cost of sending the official(s) and provides public liability insurance, but there are different fees depending on the grade of the event. Championship permits are also needed if several events form part of a wider series, which again are supposed to cover scrutiny of the regulations and any appeals that are made against them.

Not quite sure what you get from the FIM in return for the inscription fee, but it's probably along similar lines.

The staging fee (or whatever the name it actually goes by) is completely different and is charged by the series organisers to the host tracks for the right to stage a GP. Presumably this varies from track-to-track, but the asking price was rumoured to be between GBP 50 and 100K a few years ago. However, some disgruntled councillors in Gorzow leaked their confidential agreement with BSI which suggested they'd paid more than GBP 300K for the privilege of staging their GP.

It's hard to imagine that Terenzano would have been coughing-up anything like that sort of money, but BSI may be obliged to stage a certain number of GPs for television purposes so need to take a hit on the staging fees to find enough willing hosts to pad out the series.

To me, the different inscription fees charged by the FIM and FIM Europe can't really be the main issue as to why the SGP hasn't gone to Russia. If a track can pull 30,000 fans then we're talking about maybe 50p (or maybe EUR 0.50) on the admission price.

GPs in Terenzano were actually 'staged' by BSI because at the time they perceived some sort of gain from having a GP in Italy... the backing from the local province from very limited.

Sure they don't have any obligation with TV companies for a particular number of GPs and, as stated previously, they have no problem filling the calendar.

Berlin, Lonigo, Krkso and Gdansk were all close to joining the rota this year.

Obviously BSI don't share your view that a GP in Russia is essential. Sure if the terms were right they would seriously consider it but doubt whether they are that bothered.

The people behind the GP in Riga are convinced they can transform the proposed venue over the next few months and have government backing but there remains the option of going back to Daugavpils for a year if necessary.

I believe that ticket sales for Tampere now exceed 4,000.

In the UK it would be called a permit fee. In the case of the MSA (4-wheeled motor sport) it's supposed to cover the cost of sending the official(s) and provides public liability insurance, but there are different fees depending on the grade of the event. Championship permits are also needed if several events form part of a wider series, which again are supposed to cover scrutiny of the regulations and any appeals that are made against them.

Not quite sure what you get from the FIM in return for the inscription fee, but it's probably along similar lines.

The staging fee (or whatever the name it actually goes by) is completely different and is charged by the series organisers to the host tracks for the right to stage a GP. Presumably this varies from track-to-track, but the asking price was rumoured to be between GBP 50 and 100K a few years ago. However, some disgruntled councillors in Gorzow leaked their confidential agreement with BSI which suggested they'd paid more than GBP 300K for the privilege of staging their GP.

It's hard to imagine that Terenzano would have been coughing-up anything like that sort of money, but BSI may be obliged to stage a certain number of GPs for television purposes so need to take a hit on the staging fees to find enough willing hosts to pad out the series.

To me, the different inscription fees charged by the FIM and FIM Europe can't really be the main issue as to why the SGP hasn't gone to Russia. If a track can pull 30,000 fans then we're talking about maybe 50p (or maybe EUR 0.50) on the admission price.

In Finland its called kilpailulupa and translates to a permission to stage a meeting under the said federation. That includes insurance to the crowd and and other stuff, what we said above.

If I was BSI I would not go to Russia either. It's been covered on this forum, that the border control cant be controlled by the goverment and they've been asking for paperwiork thats not needed. Kai Lehtinen was denied access for a ice racing EC final a few years ago and one of the Danes had to leave his bike at the border for

the u21 team final a couple of years back. These happened at two border controls, how many are there...

The Sgp inscription fee... You ask what you can get and like said before, kosonen and co didnt have to enter anykind of bidding war, the gorzow people most definately had to.

Edited by f-s-p

If I was BSI I would not go to Russia either. It's been covered on this forum, that the border control cant be controlled by the goverment and they've been asking for paperwiork thats not needed.

If you want to do something in Russia, it's always important to have the right 'fixer' otherwise things mysteriously go missing or get held up. If the Russians want you there though, then it's amazing how all the red tape vanishes - this is from direct experience of organising things there.

Obviously BSI don't share your view that a GP in Russia is essential.

I don't think I said it was, but perhaps others think otherwise which is why SEC has popped-up and started to challenge the perceived wisdoms. Russia is one of the few countries with a professional league and seemingly decent support, so is an obvious omission from the SGP.

Yes I fully appreciate that organising stuff in Russia is a pain in the neck, but SEC appear to have managed it so clearly it can be achieved, whereas the SGP is prepared to go to what looks like a banger racing circuit with buildings that look to be left over from a Soviet gulag ;) Odd choice considering there's a perfectly decent oval stadium in Riga that could be upgraded with some temporary stands.

GPs in Terenzano were actually 'staged' by BSI because at the time they perceived some sort of gain from having a GP in Italy... the backing from the local province from very limited.

If venues are indeed clamouring to stage a GP, it seems odd to stage a GP in some backwater (even in Italian speedway terms) with minimal attendance and local financial support. Is it to curry favour with Armando Castagna who's on the CCP, because it's otherwise hard to think of any rational reason to have an Italian GP nowadays (although I appreciate the sport was once bigger there).

THERE isn't one now ... perhaps historically it was to curry favour with the President of the FIM who was Italian as was the President of the CCP.

THERE isn't one now ... perhaps historically it was to curry favour with the President of the FIM who was Italian as was the President of the CCP.

Actually an italian is still the ccp president... And to take some said things back, the current ccp secretary seems on the ball and doing his job.

So Gollob has quit the GPs now too. No Emil, no Tomasz.... Who next?

So Gollob has quit the GPs now too. No Emil, no Tomasz.... Who next?

Is there a link to this?

I'VE been told that Emil has submitted his entry form for SGP ... this still has a long way to run

Has Gollob? Because the Polish press are claiming he hasn't.

Sure they don't have any obligation with TV companies for a particular number of GPs and, as stated previously, they have no problem filling the calendar.

Obviously BSI don't share your view that a GP in Russia is essential. Sure if the terms were right they would seriously consider it but doubt whether they are that bothered.

The people behind the GP in Riga are convinced they can transform the proposed venue over the next few months and have government backing but there remains the option of going back to Daugavpils for a year if necessary.

I believe that ticket sales for Tampere now exceed 4,000.

So BSI bankrolled 5 years at Terranzano just 'to have a presence in Italy. Pull the other one.

As for Riga, won't be booking a flight just yet now you've said that

So BSI bankrolled 5 years at Terranzano just 'to have a presence in Italy. Pull the other one.

As for Riga, won't be booking a flight just yet now you've said that

IF you were going to Daugavpils chances are you would fly to Riga anyway...

By the way, I've just pulled the other way. Believe or believe not, I won't lose any sleep over it. But I know when BSI are paying the bills because Pinegen (Speedway Star) produces the programmes and that is what we did for all the Terrenzano GPs.

With regard to Gollob and Sayfutdinov ... not saying they will ride in SGP at expense of SEC if the FIM stick with that policy, but don't see why either would commit one way or the other at this stage other than to try and force the FIM's hand on behalf of OneSport.

• Like 1