British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

Abandoned Mdl Grand Prix At Coventry

Does anybody have the points scorers and heat details from the MDL Grand Prix that was abandoned at Coventry on the 7th June please?

Does anybody have the points scorers and heat details from the MDL Grand Prix that was abandoned at Coventry on the 7th June please?

Have them lying around somewhere but the result is void and the scores do not count as only 3 races were run. If we had got a 4th heat in it would have been a different story as all riders would have had 2 rides and we could have awarded half points.

Have them lying around somewhere but the result is void and the scores do not count as only 3 races were run. If we had got a 4th heat in it would have been a different story as all riders would have had 2 rides and we could have awarded half points.

Hi Kelvin, yes I do realise that, it's just like to record them in my own personal records. Laurence can't find his programme at the moment, but continues to search......I think!!! Regards Mike

It would be interesting to see them even if there was an abandonment. It may be needed by a Researcher in 20 years time - if there is still speedway AS WE KNOW IT! :unsure:

Edited by Guest

I am still looking but trying to set up a new business which is taking up my time at the moment along with my speedway and family commitments as a single dad with three teenage daughters.

The result was null and void as Kelvin has said as we were not allowed to run one more race which would have alowd teh resulty to stand. If I remember James Shanes won his two rides so was on 6 but other than that I can't remember!!

Individual scores:

1. James Shanes (Coventry) 3, 3 = 6

2. Adam Sheppard (Castleford) FX = 0

3. Callum Harris (Long Eaton) FX, 0 = 0

4. John Markham (Coventry) 2 = 2

5. Sean Phillips (Long Eaton) 2 = 2

6. Freddie Owen (Leicester) FX, 1 = 1

7. Aaron Mogridge (MK) 3 = 3

8. Lee Springthorpe (Leicester) ret, 2 = 2

Heat Details:

H1 (Re-run after Sheppard fell, exc): Shanes, Markham, (Harris fell, exc) AWARDED - NO TIME

H2 (Re-run after Owen fell, exc): Mogridge, Phillips (Springthorpe ret.) 67.7

H3: Shanes, Springthorpe, Owen (fell, rem), Harris 66-6

Individual scores:

1. James Shanes (Coventry) 3, 3 = 6

2. Adam Sheppard (Castleford) FX = 0

3. Callum Harris (Long Eaton) FX, 0 = 0

4. John Markham (Coventry) 2 = 2

5. Sean Phillips (Long Eaton) 2 = 2

6. Freddie Owen (Leicester) FX, 1 = 1

7. Aaron Mogridge (MK) 3 = 3

8. Lee Springthorpe (Leicester) ret, 2 = 2

Heat Details:

H1 (Re-run after Sheppard fell, exc): Shanes, Markham, (Harris fell, exc) AWARDED - NO TIME

H2 (Re-run after Owen fell, exc): Mogridge, Phillips (Springthorpe ret.) 67.7

H3: Shanes, Springthorpe, Owen (fell, rem), Harris 66-6

Thank you. There is now a record of what had taken place up to the unfortunate abandonment. I really appreciate this help.