British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Danny King - Who Picked Him As A Wild Card

This is not anti Danny King. A good pro who scores good points in the Elite League. But his selection process for a GP wild card seems to be a secret.

Does anyone know who stopped the GB manager Middlo having a run off to decide the spot. Does anyone know who actually selected Danny King for the wild card.

Why should Middlo have a say in who's picked?

Niamh

Thats not what I asked. Middlo wanted a 4 man run off to select the pick but he was told he couldn't do. But we dont know who said No and we don't know who picked Danny King.

But why should they have gone along with what Middlo wants?

Niamh

ggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeez just address the question!! .How did Danny King get the wildcard.

ggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeez just address the question!! .How did Danny King get the wildcard.

It was a toss up between him and Steven Fry and they settled the matter with a game of paper, scissors, stone.

Does it really matter as he will not be in the SGP next year nor would anyone else who had been there instead of him.

We should be grateful that we are even allowed a representitive as plenty of better riders will miss out.

Speedway fans used to laugh at the East European nations back in the 60s and 70s but now we are where they were a speedway backwater.

Does it really matter

Yes it does. Fans should know the qualification rules and so should the riders in advance. Speedway has too many decisions made 'in interests of the sport' when it is deemed Ok for some but not for others. Have the rules and stick with them. Name any other sport where rules are changed mid season.

Getting back to the topic, who did pick Danny King & why ?

There are no qualification rules for this type of situation.

I have no idea who made the decision but Danny would certainly be the most consistent Brit outside those who have already had a GP chance.

• Like 1

I can't imagine an FIM event would have ever agreed to Middlo's run off idea. Might have helped the attendance, but very unlikely to have been given the go ahead.

As reagrds the OP's question, haven't a clue I'm afraid.

Yes it does. Fans should know the qualification rules and so should the riders in advance. Speedway has too many decisions made 'in interests of the sport' when it is deemed Ok for some but not for others. Have the rules and stick with them. Name any other sport where rules are changed mid season.

Getting back to the topic, who did pick Danny King & why ?

From the tone of your posts it seems you dont think it should be Danny.

If not why not? Who instead and why?

Ok I own up it was me ,I used all my speedway knowledge and chose a rider who can rule the speedway world. POSTED by Keith Heuwen.

To be fair, he is, after Tai the 2nd highest averaged Brit in the EL. He probably does deserve it.

I'd say good luck but the thought of Danny King in the GPs scares me a little :/ Maybe 1st reserve would be nice.

Danny King was chosen because they daren`t nominate Chris Harris, Think they realised nominating Harris wouldn`t go down too well. Personally think Danny deserves the pick after the way he was treated in the World Cup. ........Good Luck to him...

Edited by dornier
  • Like 3

From the tone of your posts it seems you dont think it should be Danny.

If not why not? Who instead and why?

Read my first post, I'm not anti Dany King, just asking for an answer

Danny King was chosen because they daren`t nominate Chris Harris, Think they realised nominating Harris wouldn`t go down too well. Personally think Danny deserves the pick after the way he was treated in the World Cup. ........Good Luck to him...

Who are 'they'

To be fair, he is, after Tai the 2nd highest averaged Brit in the EL. He probably does deserve it.

I'd say good luck but the thought of Danny King in the GPs scares me a little :/ Maybe 1st reserve would be nice.

Scott Nicholls has highest average bar Woofy and he did enter the qualification series

Edited by marky