British Speedway Forum
Chadster

'bumper Crowds'

According to a marketing blog I've just googled ...

Social Grades Explained:

A upper middle class higher managerial, administrative or professional

B middle class intermediate managerial, administrative or professional

C1 lower middle class supervisory or clerical, junior managerial, administrative or professional

C2 skilled working class skilled manual workers

D working class semi and unskilled manual workers

E those at lowest level of subsistence state pensioners or widows (no other earner), casual or lowest grade workers

Where have I been going wrong since 1959? The above would put me in low A or very high B! I have lots of Cradley/Dudley (& others) badges, many programmes from my travels, travelled all over the UK in strange speedway clothes, do my bit with Heat Sponsoring & a Season Ticket at Monmore Wood and love the sport to death! As they say in the Black Country, "Once A Heathen, always a Heathen!". Do I need some form of medical help?

According to a marketing blog I've just googled ...

Social Grades Explained:

A upper middle class higher managerial, administrative or professional

B middle class intermediate managerial, administrative or professional

C1 lower middle class supervisory or clerical, junior managerial, administrative or professional

C2 skilled working class skilled manual workers

D working class semi and unskilled manual workers

E those at lowest level of subsistence state pensioners or widows (no other earner), casual or lowest grade workers

Good grief - that makes me a C1 and an E (odd combination). :shock:

According to the opinions of some on here you seem to have left a classification off the list...

F Speedway fans. :rofl:

Are you a Speedway Supporter manchesterpaul - remember that would make you an F. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Where have I been going wrong since 1959? The above would put me in low A or very high B! I have lots of Cradley/Dudley (& others) badges, many programmes from my travels, travelled all over the UK in strange speedway clothes, do my bit with Heat Sponsoring & a Season Ticket at Monmore Wood and love the sport to death! As they say in the Black Country, "Once A Heathen, always a Heathen!". Do I need some form of medical help?

NO!!!

Like me you deserve a Medal. :t:

Edited by The White Knight

It isn't an insult to label people into their demograhic. People seem to be insulted because I suggested speedway fans are mainly C2DE. OK so my explanation was tongue in cheek but the fact remains.

Hence you wont see Mercedes Benz clamoring to advertise in an Elite League ad break but you may well be bombarded with discount sofas on easy HP type ads.

Edited by Oldace

It isn't an insult to label people into their demograhic. People seem to be insulted because I suggested speedway fans are mainly C2DE. OK so my explanation was tongue in cheek but the fact remains.

Hence you wont see Mercedes Benz clamoring to advertise in an Elite League ad break but you may well be bombarded with discount sofas on easy HP type ads.

Are you saying then that you, because you don't go, are more superior to myself because I do attend Meetings? :wink::shock:

Edited by The White Knight

According to the opinions of some on here you seem to have left a classification off the list...

F Speedway fans. :rofl:

Are you a Speedway Supporter manchesterpaul - remember that would make you an F. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I said according to the opinions of some on here, not my opinion - i'm top class of course lol.

• Like 1

I said according to the opinions of some on here, not my opinion - i'm top class of course lol.

Never thought anything else MP. :t::approve: :approve:

Are you saying then that you, because you don't go, are more superior to myself because I do attend Meetings? :wink::shock:

Well it's not just because i don't go anymore

• Like 1

Well it's not just because i don't go anymore

:t::rofl: :rofl:

It has been commented on before that there has been so very little market research done into Speedway.

So it just makes me wonder if the classification of Speedway fans being C2DE is actually correct.

My parents and their friends who attended in the fifties to seventies were just about unanimously C1 or C2.

Due our education, profession and positions of responsibilty in the work place; Me, and just about all my personal friends, could only be described as B or possibly A (for the one that drives an SLK).

I fear that we may ALL just LOOK like the 'great unwashed' purely BECAUSE we attend Speedway.

• Like 1

It has been commented on before that there has been so very little market research done into Speedway.

So it just makes me wonder if the classification of Speedway fans being C2DE is actually correct.

My parents and their friends who attended in the fifties to seventies were just about unanimously C1 or C2.

Due our education, profession and positions of responsibilty in the work place; Me, and just about all my personal friends, could only be described as B or possibly A (for the one that drives an SLK).

I fear that we may ALL just LOOK like the 'great unwashed' purely BECAUSE we attend Speedway.

Now that I CAN agree with. :t:

It takes ALL sorts - as they say.

Even at Speedway.....................................

Not sure if i,m C2 or D..but i,m doing ok tanks. ;)

Well, I know what I am - E. Rolling in money though like all pensioners, according to SCB, so the only thing I've got to worry about is waking up safely every morning. :)

• Like 1

What's an attic?

The room you feed your mother in

Is the fact that speedway crowds don't double up watching polo events a problem for you? Or don't the C and below deserve the right to watch live sport?

The room you feed your mother in

I buried my mother 15 years ago, Getting personal is low, especially when it's only a sport we are discussing. We may not agree but I think you have sunken too far. You ever want to discuss our differing of opinions, please feel free to contact me.

People may think Jimmy Jimmy's remark is only a bit of fun, but I'm guessing he knows me and it's the only way he can get my back up.

Jimmy Jimmy, anytime you want to see my attic....

Edited by moxey63

Is the fact that speedway crowds don't double up watching polo events a problem for you? Or don't the C and below deserve the right to watch live sport?

Have you had a bang on the head or have you just had 1 over the 8 last night

Either way I haven't a clue what you are on about.

Edited by Oldace
  • Like 1

I expect SKY, using the BARB statistics, do lots of research into the type of people who view different broadcasts. This information is vital when selling advertising. Speedway gets low numbers and they are "mainly" not all but mainly C2DE demographic.

Despite the Jimmy guy getting his knickers in a twist it is in no way a slur to categorise people in this way