British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Kent Kings V Dudley Heathens 26th Aug **3pm Start**

Still no info on Steve Boxalls possible injuries does he ride monday or not, someone must know?

It is poor that there is no info, not as if he is a key rider or anything ?? :blink:

Edited by AJ is King

Any update on the fitness of Steve Boxall for Monday's home match against Dudley Heathens? He was injured riding for IoW at Stoke on Saturday and had to miss a guest ride for Heathens at Buxton on Sunday. If Boxall is unfit, what cover is planned for him? :unsure:

Still no info on Steve Boxalls possible injuries does he ride monday or not, someone must know?

Surely at the meeting it's not going to be that famous tannoy announcement "there is a late change to the programme"? :oops:

But let's be fair: it most likely does need a late fitness test by Steve Boxall on Monday morning to decide if he rides or not.

Edited by Guest

If SB is unfit on Moday night why not both go 6 on 6 with R/R for both teams as BOTH the Kings & Heathens could /will be without the #1? Fair game after all the comments about the Heathens team structure at Buxton & Sittingbourne (Kent). Why not Kent go with an untried 3 pointer at #1, which I doubt, or ????? I am just joking as a Guest or an agreed 6 v 6 with R/R make more sense and would be NL legal!

Surely at the meeting it's not going to be that famous tannoy announcement "there is a late change to the programme"? :oops:

Er, when exactly do you think programmes are printed..?

10 minutes before the start of the meeting...?! :shock:

"Gustix" knows very well when programmes are printed compared to meetings taking place Parsnips old fruit having written many articles I'll wager for inclusion in several over the years and also for magazines etc that also have print deadlines! :wink:

Edited by Bryn

"Gustix" knows very well when programmes are printed compared to meetings taking place Parsnips old fruit having written many articles I'll wager for inclusion in several over the years as well as for magazines etc that too have print deadlines! :wink:

Very, very tongue in cheek response and no offence meant to any one, but if you live in the back of beyond North Kent, where I approximately lived way back, it is a good as an excuse as I could give from the Black Country today :rofl: !

But let's be fair: it most likely does need a late fitness test by Steve Boxall on Monday morning to decide if he rides or not.

"Gustix" knows very well when programmes are printed compared to meetings taking place Parsnips old fruit having written many articles I'll wager for inclusion in several over the years as well as for magazines etc that too have print deadlines! :wink:

You have both - as usual FOR SOME REASON - missed the point of the quote. I was actually responding to a previous message in regard to an update of news in regard to Steve Boxall and his availability for the Kings v Heathens match. What I was endeavouring to explain was that hopefully some news of his availability might be posted on here before the meeting for those supporters who use the BSF rather than just put forward to the fans at the match. Does that help you?

It would have helped and perhaps proved my point had P1928 also added the second part of my message - that surely showed I knew how difficult it was the club give an update on Steve Boxall's fitness some 20 hours before the match?

Of course I know how previous to a match that a programme is printed. I was involved in meeting print deadlines with publications both outside and inside the remit of speedway for a "couple of years".

It amazes me that both of you jump at the chance to be confrontational? I wonder why?

Edited by Guest

I'm certainly NOT trying to be confrontational "gustix" as I've got to say I was being somewhat 'tongue in cheek' as it were but I don't know what happened to my second edit of my last post! In that I did ask my old mate Parsnips to bear in mind that "gustix" had stated that Steve B might well need a late fitness test on Monday morning (that's an early fitness test surely???). And whilst I don't know whether that will be the case, or indeed if Kent WILL be tracking him tomorrow, I've sneaky feeling in my bones (it MIGHT be arthritis I'll admit!) that he'll ride if at all possible. And furthermore (although I can't confirm of course!) that feeling also indicates to me that he WILL ride. But we'll have to wait and see won't we?

Edited by Bryn

Hmm, not sure where the 'confrontational' accusation comes from...

You made, gustix, specific reference to there possibly being an 'change to the programme' announced and I was merely pointing out that such an implied criticism in a sport like ours where riders often compete every night/day and where injuries can occur is patently ridiculous ...

Seems you agree - so the question is then, why be so 'confrontational' in making the 'programme change' comment in the first place..?! :blink:

Hmm, not sure where the 'confrontational' accusation comes from...

You made, gustix, specific reference to there possibly being an 'change to the programme' announced and I was merely pointing out that such an implied criticism in a sport like ours where riders often compete every night/day and where injuries can occur is patently ridiculous ...

Seems you agree - so the question is then, why be so 'confrontational' in making the 'programme change' comment in the first place..?! :blink:

Because Kent Kings have an extremely lively BSF membership and I felt it would be nice if they could be updated ASAP about Steve Boxall rather than wait until they arrived at the track. Isn't that what internet (or whatever you like to call it) communication is for? :wink:The actual quote was a throwback to the times (many seasons ago) when that was a customary announcement at tracks when there was a programme change in regard to a rider.

Because Kent Kings have an extremely lively BSF membership and I felt it would be nice if they could be updated ASAP about Steve Boxall rather than wait until they arrived at the track. Isn't that what internet (or whatever you like to call it) communication is for? :wink:The actual quote was a throwback to the times (many seasons ago) when that was a customary announcement at tracks when there was a programme change in regard to a rider.

I think, to be fair, that Nikko was one of the best at providing this sort of information on the BSF - it is a shame that he got grief and decided it was not worth carrying on (unless he changed his mind).

• Like 3

What happens to the bronze helmet if Steve is unfit to ride,does a fellow Kent rider defend instead of him,does ash win it by default,or is it just voided

Previously it has been a teamate that will contest it on their behalf, so I would expect to see Kent's highest scorer take his place in the Bronze Helmet if Boxall is unfit.

With still no news on Steve i think we are all realizing what a serious loss to the forum ,Nikko is...

Im pretty sure if Steve has half a chance to ride he will do, we all know what these Speedway riders are like, Hope to see you on Track Steve, even if it is against my Team.