British Speedway Forum

how many reserve races will the NL riders get, if the they only ride each other

and against second strings too i believe.

That's the action, not the reason, but thanks for the effort :rolleyes:

Ah! Trying to be smart! :rolleyes: You can play on words all you want you want but the reason why we have no Peterborough or EOES now is that there are no promoters :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Ah! Trying to be smart! :rolleyes: You can play on words all you want you want but the reason why we have no Peterborough or EOES now is that there are no promoters :rolleyes:

Not being smart at all so let's try again with something simple. Why did the promoters at the EoES walk away?

Bear in mind that Frost said at the end of October that financial losses were not an issue - just to help you out a bit!

Something else made his mind up at the pre meetings or AGM, now what do the sensible folk think that it could have been?

At least it wasn't Patchett's ficticious rule book was it? They were all real this year.

Edited by Crump99

Why don't you try referring to it properly:

The English-Lite League or The E-Lite League for short!

I believe for 2014 it is going to be called the British League. With hopefully nearly 50% of the riders in it being British, it will live up to its name a little more.

Peterborough rarely got more than 500 spectators a match, so that is pretty "Elite" in my book.

Peterborough rarely got more than 500 spectators a match, so that is pretty "Elite" in my book.

Indeed!

Frost added: “There are losses at Peterborough every year but myself and Julie are very fortunate in that our companies make a lot of money. “Without wishing to sound blasé, it is not big bucks to us. Financing the club has been part of our advertising and branding budget. “Crowd levels were disastrous in the first part of the season. They went up as the team began to perform well.

“We have increased attendances considerably over the years, but they have never been right in our time here.

“The most pleasing thing for me is the number of children we see here at meetings and running a kids’ club has worked well.

“Yes, we give them free admission but that is important, but they are the future of the club.”

Doesn't sound like a walking away speech does it?

Looks like he changed his mind though. Maybe 18 home matches losing money was beyond what he was willing to invest? Leicester coming up should have provided a good crowd as they aren't too far away.

I believe for 2014 it is going to be called the British League. With hopefully nearly 50% of the riders in it being British, it will live up to its name a little more.

That would mean 35 British riders and even more to cover injuries?

Woffy Scotty Danny Harris Bridger Kennett Barker Cook Worrall Auty Howarth Lawson Stead plus the 20 allocated so not too far off the 50%

Yes I know, it will be better when 75% are British, maybe 5 or 6 years time. The BSPA have to keep their nerve and see this one through.

• Like 2

Indeed!

Frost added: “There are losses at Peterborough every year but myself and Julie are very fortunate in that our companies make a lot of money. “Without wishing to sound blasé, it is not big bucks to us. Financing the club has been part of our advertising and branding budget. “Crowd levels were disastrous in the first part of the season. They went up as the team began to perform well.

“We have increased attendances considerably over the years, but they have never been right in our time here.

“The most pleasing thing for me is the number of children we see here at meetings and running a kids’ club has worked well.

“Yes, we give them free admission but that is important, but they are the future of the club.”

Doesn't sound like a walking away speech does it?

You know - it's very easy to pick a piece of text to suit your argument! What about the club statement http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2006 ?? :rolleyes:

You know - it's very easy to pick a piece of text to suit your argument! What about the club statement http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2006 ?? :rolleyes:

Isn't Crump99's point that, prior to the AGM, the announcement made by the club suggested that the losses clearly weren't crippling and the outlook for 2014 looked to be positive.

After the AGM the story is very different...

perhaps frost and co didnt like the idea of young brits in the team as opposed to poles and danes :rolleyes:

Isn't Crump99's point that, prior to the AGM, the announcement made by the club suggested that the losses clearly weren't crippling and the outlook for 2014 looked to be positive.

His point was that money wasn't the issue and trying to suggest something else was to blame - well that's not what the club statement says Edited by Steve0

Well something made him think differently, maybe he wanted an 8 team no limit league? I think Ford would have backed him in that. Trouble is, there weren't 6 others.

It's pretty clear no matter what the club statement said it was what happened at AGM that made Frost quit .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2