British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RebelRebel

Somerset V Edinburgh Koc 27/8/13 @ 7:30pm

Astonished at the rider changes especially Stefan. He is a trier and has upped his average significantly. However both Stefan and Simon had a dismal recent northern tour. Doyley also said last night he wanted to see more away scoring from reserve. Still cannot believe that Charles Wright or Lewis Rose are going to be any better.

Increased his starting average more than anyone else in the team! The only reason Stefan struggled on the Northern Tour was due to trying a different engine setup to try to find something that works better on the away tracks. Unfortunately it didn't work this time, whereas it did work the previous week when he got a maximum. You need experiment to improve. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

If His Highness really wanted more points from the reserves, he should've spent more time helping them rather than trying to get them sacked! Which he has been doing for a while now.

Stefan's done his job all year. Simon is coming back from injury, and was released from Rye House if I'm not mistaken. What exactly were they expecting from the reserves?

If you want high scoring reserves, don't start the season with 2 3 pointers. It's not exactly rocket science!

• Like 8

I'm an edinburgh fan looking forward to what I'm sure will be a cracking cup tie, let's hope it's not a run away either way a heat 15 decider would do nicely, c'mon the monarchs

Increased his starting average more than anyone else in the team! The only reason Stefan struggled on the Northern Tour was due to trying a different engine setup to try to find something that works better on the away tracks. Unfortunately it didn't work this time, whereas it did work the previous week when he got a maximum. You need experiment to improve. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

If His Highness really wanted more points from the reserves, he should've spent more time helping them rather than trying to get them sacked! Which he has been doing for a while now.

Stefan's done his job all year. Simon is coming back from injury, and was released from Rye House if I'm not mistaken. What exactly were they expecting from the reserves?

If you want high scoring reserves, don't start the season with 2 3 pointers. It's not exactly rocket science!

If you want high scoring reserves, don't start the season with an over 9 point number 1 and an 8 point second heat leader, which makes you top heavy and a weak tail.
  • Like 1

This joker is 100% proof that if you give someone without a brain a little bit of gossip, they become dangerous.

thanks

Go away for a couple of days and all hell breaks loose! Can't really comment on the match as I wasn't there, other than to say it sounded like a great match according to the updates, and an eight point lead to take to Armadale is about par and should ensure a close return leg.

As for the team changes though, I'm baffled. Rose for Lambert is fair enough and Lewis should probably have got the nod over Simon in the first place. But replacing Stefan just stinks!! As the management said, 'Stefan hasn't done a lot wrong....' Dead right he hasn't. The lad has worked his socks off to improve his average and fully deserves to be part of a potentially silverware-winning Rebels team. The management decided to build a top-heavy team that was always likely to be comparatively weak at reserve, especially away from home, so, of course there has been extra pressure on the top 3 in particular to score heavily, but what did they expect? It has worked and they are yet to lose by more than 8 points all season. Stefan is still averaging over 3.7 away from home - more than acceptable for a 3 pointer.

Whatever the real reason for replacing Stefan, whether scoring-related or not, I cannot see how they can justify treating such a trier in such a callous manner - he deserves better. Would love to hear the opinions of those 'in the know' such as Womble, Najjer and ,of course, Starman.

Edited by Barney Rebel

I wonder if Brdy Kurtz had gone from a 3 to a 5 in his first year if they would have dropped him!!!!

I wonder if Brdy Kurtz had gone from a 3 to a 5 in his first year if they would have dropped him!!!!

so tempted to say no he's an aussie so they wouldn't !...............oops I just said it
  • Like 1

Go away for a couple of days and all hell breaks loose! Can't really comment on the match as I wasn't there, other than to say it sounded like a great match according to the updates, and an eight point lead to take to Armadale is about par and should ensure a close return leg.

As for the team changes though, I'm baffled. Rose for Lambert is fair enough and Lewis should probably have got the nod over Simon in the first place. But replacing Stefan just stinks!! As the management said, 'Stefan hasn't done a lot wrong....' Dead right he hasn't. The lad has worked his socks off to improve his average and fully deserves to be part of a potentially silverware-winning Rebels team. The management decided to build a top-heavy team that was always likely to be comparatively weak at reserve, especially away from home, so, of course there has been extra pressure on the top 3 in particular to score heavily, but what did they expect? It has worked and they are yet to lose by more than 8 points all season. Stefan is still averaging over 3.7 away from home - more than acceptable for a 3 pointer.

Whatever the real reason for replacing Stefan, whether scoring-related or not, I cannot see how they can justify treating such a trier in such a callous manner - he deserves better. Would love to hear the opinions of those 'in the know' such as Womble, Najjer and ,of course, Starman.

I'm as much in the know as you Barney - and likewise, as shocked at the announcement by MrMungo on Tuesday to say Stefan had been told he was sacked.

Don't think Holsted are going to be doing that !!

:rolleyes:

Womble, Najjer and ,of course, Starman.

If by 'in the know', you mean am I friendly with the Rebels Press Officer, then yes, guilty as charged, but other than that, like Najjer and presumably yourself, I'm no more 'in the know' than anyone else.............so that just leaves Starman :rolleyes: ....in his dreams !!

Edited by womble53