British Speedway Forum
boston five

Somerset Team Changes

As for cheque book speedway well I hope it was worth it and you win the league....

Not sure that signing Charles Wright and Lewis Rose constitutes 'cheque book speedway' to be honest, but thanks for your support anyway.

Signing Greg Hancock for a month in a desperate attempt to reach the play-offs - now that's cheque book speedway!

• Like 3

Not sure that signing Charles Wright and Lewis Rose constitutes 'cheque book speedway' to be honest, but thanks for your support anyway.

Signing Greg Hancock for a month in a desperate attempt to reach the play-offs - now that's cheque book speedway!

It's the rest of the team I was referring to! Good riders which I would have thought would have been expensive to sign! Personally, I would have kept your original reserve riders as they have helped to get you into the play-offs. Anyway, good luck!

• Like 1

irrelevant at moment i know but right now redcar and worky would be my picks think that would pretty much guarantee us a place in the final

Who would have thought last season Scunny would go on to win you lot ? Mmmmm really hope we or Redcar would be able to come and bite you right on the backside and chuck egg all over your faces , you really think this time you have it all tied up and sorted , yes I don't think we can get to the final but I sure as hell will be cheering on whoever get along with Rebels seen as though you are sure they are gonna be in the final. Win at all costs yet again , but you could also use the tractor breaking down and pouring water all over start line as your 8th rider , worked in the pairs !!!

but you could also use the tractor breaking down and pouring water all over start line as your 8th rider , worked in the pairs !!!

Check the results for the pairs final you will find Jason Doyle off gate 3, the well watered gate. didn't hear him moan

Who would have thought last season Scunny would go on to win you lot ? Mmmmm really hope we or Redcar would be able to come and bite you right on the backside and chuck egg all over your faces , you really think this time you have it all tied up and sorted , yes I don't think we can get to the final but I sure as hell will be cheering on whoever get along with Rebels seen as though you are sure they are gonna be in the final. Win at all costs yet again , but you could also use the tractor breaking down and pouring water all over start line as your 8th rider , worked in the pairs !!!

Not this year Taylorj. The only side that can beat the Rebels this season will be Edinburgh.

OMG you lost, get over it, Doyle off three in the final, last to first, a good ride, we won.Tell you what if Doyle had been in the fours we would probably won that aswell.

Bitten on the backside with egg all over our faces - what an image!

Being confident of beating an opponent does not equal 'win at all costs'. Just confidence in your own team - nothing wrong with that.

And finally, the pouring of water over the startline was of course our 3rd rider, not our 8th, as it was a pairs event. ;) Now let's move on.

When did Starman become a Workington fan? :D

When did Starman become a Workington fan? :D

Ha Ha, the voice of Somerset trying to be funny!! :rofl:

Not this year Taylorj. The only side that can beat the Rebels this season will be Edinburgh.

Maybe, maybe not. Just hope Somerset finish top, if they get to the final then they can have choice of legs, unlike last year!! because i wouldn't fancy going up their without a decent lead. Because if Somerset do get to the final and they should take and get the second leg, if thats not granted questions would have to be asked.

well you got that wrong young Naj

Don't be silly, the voice of Somerset never gets anything wrong...much :rofl:

Not really, its just cover for Chris.

Edited by Starman2006

Wouldn't right off Ipswich or Newcastle either :P time will tell , lets just hope I will be :drink: with either of the three

OMG we weren't in the final of the Pairs Cliffeboy so wasn't ours to lose :party:

Barney Rebel, last time I counted you will have 7 riders in the team for the league so yes the tractor will be your 8th :approve:

Wouldn't right off Ipswich or Newcastle either :P time will tell , lets just hope I will be :drink: with either of the three

OMG we weren't in the final of the Pairs Cliffeboy so wasn't ours to lose :party:

Barney Rebel, last time I counted you will have 7 riders in the team for the league so yes the tractor will be your 8th :approve:

I didn`t say you were in the final , just that you lost, the point was that you made remarks on the PL Pairs thread about alleged skull duggery on gate 3 which resulted in Vissing and Lawson finishing last.I merely pointed out that Doyle also went nowhere off three in the final, but unlike the other two made his way to the front.What this has to do with "Somerset team changes" is beyond me.