British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds 2014

You could be right, think Kilderrmand couldn't ride in the Cumberland Open on account of getting to Poland the next day

Richie cant ride PL if he goes to poland, (some stupid rule)

What rule? Some PL riders rode in Poland this season, Olly Allen, Doyley, Claus vissing etc

What rule? Some PL riders rode in Poland this season, Olly Allen, Doyley, Claus vissing etc

Actually thinking about it i think it is polish riders who ride in poland are not allowed, a british or australian or anyone else is allowed to ride in britain if they ride in poland, sorry

• Like 1

Think the point has been missed.

Ritchie is riding Prem and Elite league next year if the two leagues still exist.

He will not be riding for a weekend track which will give him some opportunities to do open meetings on the continent and get himself noticed.

So the only difference at the moment from this season is that it rules out Newcastle as his prem league team.

Right thought process and best wishes on the next chapter in his career.

Ritchie is riding Prem and Elite league next year if the two leagues still exist.

He will not be riding for a weekend track which will give him some opportunities to do open meetings on the continent and get himself noticed.

So the only difference at the moment from this season is that it rules out Newcastle as his prem league team.

[/quote

Presumably if Newcastle were to change their racenight back to a Monday then Richie could stay with the Diamonds and race abroad on Sundays

One rider's availability is not enough to change race night for, it's a big upheaval for fans and not worth it.

The last few seasons Newcastle have put very handy sides together and they will do next season again I'm sure.

As for all the suggestions of Robert Lambert, I'm sure the lad won't give up his continental commitments to sign for a Sunday PL team. I would have liked to see him at Rye House and it did look like it could be a real possibility for a while but I can't even see that as we are a Saturday night track. As a young Brit with a big future I hope he does end up in the PL somewhere, stepping straight to the Elite a'la Bridger isn't a good move.

Edited by RocketBen1

All riders i think. If Bellego just signed in Poland he wont be able to ride in the PL next seasonn (i think)

Only applies to Polish riders, unless they ride on Uk Licence and commit to every british fixture. As Poland use a squad system this can be done

Thats why I suggested Sheff or Scunny, may be wrong but thinking he's from Scunthorpe area Edited by comet49

Thats why I suggested Sheff or Scunny, may be wrong but thinking he's from Scunthorpe area

he'd maybe drive past Sheffield to get to Scunny, (depending on route),,, and would most probably drive past Belle Vue to get to either,,, that's if he still resides at St.Helens,,, a dunno,,, maybe he's got himself a little pad somewhere :-)

I can almost guarantee Newcastle won't switch back to a Monday.

Monday night matches are always less well attended than Sunday evening matches.

• Like 1

I can almost guarantee Newcastle won't switch back to a Monday.

Monday night matches are always less well attended than Sunday evening matches.

better not go back to Mondays,,, am busy doing other stuff on Mondays :-(

Edited by ruffdiamond

As are a few folk, apparently, which is why the attendances drop (apart from BH Monday's maybe).

As are a few folk, apparently, which is why the attendances drop (apart from BH Monday's maybe).

Sunday evenings are best,,, cos all the supermarkets are closed, that leave's us (me) free to do stuff,,, the lady at Asda does'nt even ask about my pizza anymore, she just makes BOTH ov them for us, lol,,,

yeah,,, they shut early on Bank Holidays too :-)

Edited by ruffdiamond