British Speedway Forum
Irk Deflector

Wolves V Birmingham Play Off Semi 1st Leg - 23rd September

Secondly.. once again Wolves have served up a track for a big meeting that doesn't suit the home team.

And therein lies the problem with Dudley riding the night after. Always the same when that happens. Poor.

Rubbish. Puk went in mid-track, tried to get back to the inside and Bomber was coming through and they clashed. 100% racing incident.

Most crashes are racing incidents. However Bomber whipped out Neils so the correct call was made.

Its all very well suggesting that Miskowiak is ditched but you don't suggest who should replace him even if that were possible.

Wolfie

RR is a better option so why would i need to a make a suggestion?

Michelsen would have been our best option (and could have been).

Nermark id have accepted and also Ljung. This of course has all been covered ages ago so its opening up old ground.

RR for Miskowiak has to be an improvement because he isnt the better option that many were saying he would be.

I warned he would be dreadful because of his poor start to the season and his seemingly decision to not come back to the UK has proved why he shouldn't have.

We'd be better with RR. A cold/trip to Las Vegas usually works.

The reality was he should have matched it, however you tried to claim he strengthened us which was totally wrong as he was not prepared for the meeting at all and had to bring in his GP bikes which quite clearly weren't set up for getting out the starts at Monmore. He tried his hardest I'm sure, but his performance was very sub standard for a rider of his ability.

This isn't a debate over who someone would have as their No 1, although if you were opening an EL track tomorrow you'd be a bit dumb not to choose a British World Champion (if he wins it) to lead your side if you had the choice! Maybe you should become a promoter after all, you'd fit right in :)

He should in reality of gone through the card, all the comments I made about him making wolves stronger were tongue in cheek... Surprised you didn't see that although it's no surprise that stevedumb didnt

Nki has been on fire in all three leagues all season and although his gp forms been superb I feel tai has dropped off a bit in the uk recently for whatever reason

All about opinions though and that's mine

• Like 1

Hells bells...good job most of you aren't rugby fans innit? Actually, maybe some of you ought to get into rugby a bit more, you'd be a lot more chilled out at the sight of a bit of "handbags" instead of flying into all shapes of tizwas's over them.

• Like 1

He should in reality of gone through the card, all the comments I made about him making wolves stronger were tongue in cheek... Surprised you didn't see that although it's no surprise that stevedumb didnt

Nki has been on fire in all three leagues all season and although his gp forms been superb I feel tai has dropped off a bit in the uk recently for whatever reason

All about opinions though and that's mine

I'd almost agreed with you tbf, so didn't think you were being tongue in cheek. Hence me saying his inclusion 'should' have made us no weaker. I didn't know the situation with his bikes at that time however, although no doubt you didn't either.

I'd almost agreed with you tbf, so didn't think you were being tongue in cheek. Hence me saying his inclusion 'should' have made us no weaker. I didn't know the situation with his bikes at that time however, although no doubt you didn't either.

Typical Pinstripe, the joke that no one got.

Most crashes are racing incidents. However Bomber whipped out Neils so the correct call was made.

RR is a better option so why would i need to a make a suggestion?

Michelsen would have been our best option (and could have been).

Nermark id have accepted and also Ljung. This of course has all been covered ages ago so its opening up old ground.

RR for Miskowiak has to be an improvement because he isnt the better option that many were saying he would be.

I warned he would be dreadful because of his poor start to the season and his seemingly decision to not come back to the UK has proved why he shouldn't have.

Shame the promotion didn't listen you then eh Steve? The reality is Nermark and Ljung didn't want to come and most of the Elite League were after Michelsen.

Rightly or wrongly, Miskowiak was available and willing to ride and you can only go with who's available to come.

If he could've reproduced last season's form, especially his away form, he could have been a decent signing.

Who was that 52 year old who beat Miskowiak by 50 yards or so last week. Shame we can't get him in.

• Like 1

Shame the promotion didn't listen you then eh Steve? The reality is Nermark and Ljung didn't want to come and most of the Elite League were after Michelsen.

Rightly or wrongly, Miskowiak was available and willing to ride and you can only go with who's available to come.

If he could've reproduced last season's form, especially his away form, he could have been a decent signing.

Well yea they should have listened shouldn't they!

Michelsen WAS interested but as is typical we go for the cheaper option and the option that seemed the preferred one all along.

His UK form has been dire this season, irregardless of how many meetings he has ridden here.

I was just trying to wind a few wolves fans up and it backfired - have no shame admitting that .

Didn't realise nki had shipped his Lynn gear off either, something clearly amiss as his score of five is extremely out of character

Doyle is a disgrace. Utter disgrace. No other words for it. He should be banned from the 2nd leg.

Why? Because he might score a lot of points?

Posters in here always harp on about the hard men of yesteryear as if they are gods. You get a bit of afters last night and ban them all boo hoo. Sets it up nicely for next week.

• Like 1

I was just trying to wind a few wolves fans up and it backfired - have no shame admitting that .

Didn't realise nki had shipped his Lynn gear off either, something clearly amiss as his score of five is extremely out of character

His Lynn gear was apparently locked away in Peterborough,and his mechanic who had the keys,had taken a short trip to Germany,so NKI had no access.So we are told. :blink:

Well yea they should have listened shouldn't they!

Michelsen WAS interested but as is typical we go for the cheaper option and the option that seemed the preferred one all along.

His UK form has been dire this season, irregardless of how many meetings he has ridden here.

Michelson couldn't do the fixtures that we had which is why negotiations didn't go as far as money - regarding Miskowiak you can't just drop a rider and replace him with R/R just because he isn't scoring - he has to withdraw his services or be injured - if he's dropped you have to replace him with someone else.

Just seen this thread and im lauging my arse off at the uppety Wolves fans slagging Doyley off when if they want to experience rough tactics look no further than there own Angry Man Freddie..Lindgren knew exactly what he was doing down that straight and to me it looked like an unfortunate coming together afterwards..as for Bewitcher accusing Doyle of 'assault' jesus stressy nessy you need to get a life!

• Like 1

Just seen this thread and im lauging my arse off at the uppety Wolves fans slagging Doyley off when if they want to experience rough tactics look no further than there own Angry Man Freddie..Lindgren knew exactly what he was doing down that straight and to me it looked like an unfortunate coming together afterwards..as for Bewitcher accusing Doyle of 'assault' jesus stressy nessy you need to get a life!

Having watched the replays of the incident now rather than just going on live viewing, to be honest, both incidents have been totally overblown.

Lindgren was nowhere near Doyle when he slowed, Doyle didn't even have to shut off at any point. The after race collision does look pretty innocuous.

• Like 2