British Speedway Forum
Irk Deflector

Wolves V Birmingham Play Off Semi 1st Leg - 23rd September

Harris / NKI crash 3 still pictures from TV

Doyle / Lindgren incident - 7 still pictures from TV

probably too small to deduce much from here, but watching them back again I was surprised by

- just how much and how quickly Lindgren swerved

- how all but one angle seems to show Harris ahead just before the crash

Edited by speedybee

And the pictures also show that Doyle was never at any point anywhere near Lindgren to be in 'danger'.

Of course Harris nosed in front, unfortunately for him, your back wheel has to be able to get past the rider as well without slamming into him

• Like 3

- how all but one angle seems to show Harris ahead just before the crash

Depends who's coming from where, though, does it not? As with the Boat Race, you need "clear water" before taking the other competitor's line. Harris, second going into the turn, clearly reckons there's just enough room to get through and that the paths won't intersect. Major misjudgement, rightly excluded, but (IMHO) no malice aforethought. I did think at the time he was rather hard on NKI in their previous race, actually, although that might have stuck in my memory precisely because it was so unHarris-like.

Edit: Remiss of me, congratulations to Birmingham on a merited victory and particularly to the oft-maligned Barker. I guess he's never going to wake up on a Monday morning and spring out of bed whooping: " Yes! Racing at Monmore tonight!" but he's found a way to get round and that late pass looked a very brave manoeuvre from where I was standing.

Wolves will point, with some justification, to the effect on their campaign of the Woffinden/Proctor/Thorssell injuries (to which the red and yellow are entitled to inquire whether they've watched Jacob at Perry Barr recently) but in a sport as dangerous as this one you play the hand you're dealt.

Edited by Fourentee
  • Like 5

you play the hand you're dealt.

Except we didn't play it did we..

To take the cards analogy, if you have a set of 8 cards, 4 of them are very strong in scenarios c & d.. the other 4 are fairly equal, but perhaps a touch stronger in scenarios a & b, where would you play your cards given an equal spread of options. :)

GRW way OTT as usual. Racing incident with two riders going for the same piece of track, Bomber rightly excluded, lets hope Puk is ok.

As per usual, you're always with the majority .

Except we didn't play it did we..

To take the cards analogy, if you have a set of 8 cards, 4 of them are very strong in scenarios c & d.. the other 4 are fairly equal, but perhaps a touch stronger in scenarios a & b, where would you play your cards given an equal spread of options. :)

You've been at the Moto-Craze Speedway card game on the flight over, haven't you?!

• Like 1

You sure talk some rubbish. Racing accident be buggered. That was reckless in the extreme. What Bomber did last night was totally unacceptable. There was only ever going to be one outcome of that move, and he knew it . His run across to see Niels afterwards was an admission of guilt. Had that had been Nicky Pedersen causing that accident, he'd had been publicly hanged. Just because Bomber is a nice guy we have all the excuses in the world. Racing accident!!!!!!, yeah.....

sorry im a neutral but you are talking absolute rubbish!

Harris misjudged how hard Niels was going to turn and was rightly excluded. racing incident move on

Your not even close to being right.. having just watched the race again, Niels has made the start, Bomber's been left. Coming out of the 2nd bend, Niels is yards clear, Like you say he went down the back straight mid track, But as with all the races, the racing line into the 3rd bend is to come in close. Whereas Bomber has tried to power up the inside from way back. but he was never going to beat Niels into that corner. As Niels was in front he wouldn't have seen Bomber, whereas Bomber could see everyone. Niels was in the corner before Bomber nailed him. This wasn't a racing accident, it was pure recklessness that caused a nasty accident. Just pleased both are OK, but no thanks to Bomber though.

do you actually watch speedway and understand reckless and misjudgement?? NKI turned hard all 3 riders caught him up and Bomber misjudged it!

Read Iversens tweets then come back on here and admit you are wrong. by the way im not a brummie fan

Proctor was injured months ago. No sympathy for Wolves when they sign cheap crap like Miskowiak. Deserve what they get.

Which is my point, we haven't had the opportunity to put out our starting team which Birmingham have.

With regard to Miskowiak he has turned out poor but last year did a good job riding as a heat leader.

Little bit of research last night to back up my comments over the mis-management of our reserves.

In 2012 at Monmore Green Nicolai Klindt averaged the following from each gate:-

Gate 1 4.57

Gate 2 4.80

Gate 3 7.50

Gate 4 8.00

A very considerable difference and in a meeting such as the playoffs where every pt is vital and you effectively have the opportunity with reserves to choose the gate position its staggeringly bad management to get that wrong.

• Like 2

Little bit of research last night to back up my comments over the mis-management of our reserves.

Gate 1 4.57

Gate 2 4.80

Gate 3 7.50

Gate 4 8.00

A very considerable difference and in a meeting such as the playoffs where every pt is vital and you effectively have the opportunity with reserves to choose the gate position its staggeringly bad management to get that wrong.

;):D

As per usual, you're always with the majority .

Which ought to tell you something.

• Like 4

Gate 1 4.57

Gate 2 4.80

Gate 3 7.50

Gate 4 8.00

Hope you have emailed the management the stats too. ;)

As I have always said, Chris Harris is a dangerous and inconsiderate rider.

I remember watching him do the exact same thing to Mads Korneliussen at Poole a few years back who ended up hitting the fence heavily thanks to Bomber's nasty habit of going for spaces that just don't exist.

NKI was very lucky to come out of that without serious injury. I respect Chris's immediate response to jump up and apologize and check on NKI but if he wasn't riding like a tool to begin with then it would never of happened.

• Like 1

We can argue the Lindgren/Doyle affair all day, but I will say that from a psychological point of view it was a dumb move by Doyle.

I disagree, it says Doyle and the Brummies are not going to let anyone try and bully them, that goes for Wolves in the 2nd leg and any future opponents.