British Speedway Forum

In a watered down League Cook will hit 9 Nicholls 8 and Worral 7.5. That's a hellva foundation the Aces management have put down

If rumours are to be believed it won't be watered down for heat leaders in fact it will be more difficult if they don't face reserves.

• Like 1

So With No Freddie an no Holder, that's just so far, it's not a watered down League. ? Not to mention 2 National League riders in the 1-7. Throw in the ever increasing R/R. The gap between the 2 Leagues has never been so close.

So With No Freddie an no Holder, that's just so far, it's not a watered down League. ? Not to mention 2 National League riders in the 1-7. Throw in the ever increasing R/R. The gap between the 2 Leagues has never been so close.

Yet not one PL side would get close to an EL side however.

No Fast Freddie, Noddy Holder, apart from those two, which other "big names" will be missing in 2014........?

Or will it just be the mediocre, yet familiar foreigners that won't be in track.....?

Yeah, I don't buy this watered down league bit! Supporters of all EL teams are stating the same so surely it evens itself doesn't it? A 7.5 ave rider in 2013 suddenly becoming a 9 pointer next season - ain't gonna happen!

Where in my post did I say they would get close, I said the gap is closer now that ever before or do you disagree with that ?

Where in my post did I say they would get close, I said the gap is closer now that ever before or do you disagree with that ?

it is closer, but again, is that really a bad thing right now?

• Like 1

Personally I think some of the potential 1-5s look better than last year

• Like 1

If British Speedway cannot afford the big boys riding over here, then yes, for me, that is the way to go. The Premier League is good quaility, as was proven by the likes of Cook, Worral, Barker, Doyle, and a good few others who doubled up last season. The problem c ould be with a self governing sport, as Speedway is, can anyone really see Promotion and relegation being permitted ?

Note Sorry Belle Vue fans I have taken this thread miles of track... I will leave it there

Edited by semion

No Fast Freddie, Noddy Holder, apart from those two, which other "big names" will be missing in 2014........?

Or will it just be the mediocre, yet familiar foreigners that won't be in track.....?

Time will tell if anyone else will be missing.

You didn't, i did. I suppose by taking out a couple of GP boys in theory the league is weaker - however my point remains.

Personally I think some of the potential 1-5s look better than last year

There is a misconception that from a team building perspective that the points limit has been radically cut by 4.5 points, when actually in reality it's been reduced by less than 2 points (about 1.75).

So to an extent some teams may well look better. From a points building exercise, then Belle Vue appear to be a definite improvement as the points limit reduction has had no impact on them.

Edited because as SteveO pointed out it to say it was not cut but it was reduced was illogical. I meant to say the reduction isn't as large as the headline figures.

Edited by 500cc

There is a misconception that from a team building perspective that the points limit has been cut, when actually in reality it's been reduced by less than 2 points.

So to an extent some teams may well look better. From a points building exercise, then Belle Vue appear to be a definite improvement as the points limit reduction has had no impact on them.

There's no misconception - its been cut! Whether it is 1 point, 2 points or more - it's still a cut! :wink: