British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

If Poole had signed Hansen and were trying to reduce his average, Coventry fans would be all over it.

But since Coventry are pulling a fast one, It's ok.

as far as im aware no one is trying to change his average just a rumour coming from other teams i suspect!

if poole had signed him he would be on 4.00 no questions asked!

• Like 2

How about

1.Nicholls...7.19

2.Hansen.....5.83

3.Harris.....6.82

4.Zengota...6.15

5.Korneliussen.. 6.97

6.Smith.....3.76

7 Bellego....3.18

.............................Under the 40 pts limit that's been mentioned . Mads is brilliant around Brandon . This team SHOULD be able to win most of its home meetings !!

Looks good

If Poole had signed Hansen and were trying to reduce his average, Coventry fans would be all over it.

But since Coventry are pulling a fast one, It's ok.

Just rumours

However the rules are that if a rider has not rode in the uk for over 3 years he might be able to be reassessed

How about1.Nicholls...7.192.Hansen.....5.833.Harris.....6.824.Zengota...6.155.Korneliussen.. 6.976.Smith.....3.767 Bellego....3.18.............................Under the 40 pts limit that's been mentioned . Mads is brilliant around Brandon . This team SHOULD be able to win most of its home meetings !!

Oh dear! Nicholls as a number 1 has disaster all over it! Looks a bit disappointing as a team - but will need to wait until after the AGM to see if it's over the limit or not!

Oh dear! Nicholls as a number 1 has disaster all over it! Looks a bit disappointing as a team - but will need to wait until after the AGM to see if it's over the limit or not!

What passes for "Elite" nowadays - and that team could be 2 and a half points OVER the points limit, if it's set at 38?

God help us all.

• Like 1

Looks good

Just rumours

However the rules are that if a rider has not rode in the uk for over 3 years he might be able to be reassessed

6.25 then I say. Weaker league now and he has developed further.

is the problem of announcing signings early, gives BSPooleA a chance to change the rules.

just like when we signed all the brits and hey presto the brit reduction was removed, spouting EU law which was total B888ks, then no riders over 8 points which again affected us only. but hey next year as poole had two riders it was dropped as the "strength of the league was now much deeper".

i do fear what they will do to hansens average raise it to 7 and then change polish assessed riders back to 4 so that poole can sign ringers all season.

• Like 3

Anyone would think you have an anti-Poole viewpoint, PhilfromCov!!!!? Tut tut. Lets not forget Poole have also 'signed' a couple of riders already!!

The Promoters already know - in broad terms - what options are being proposed at the AGM and are on the agenda for further discussion. The final choices just need to be formally voted on and approved - by all clubs - once the Sky issue is clear(er)!!

The state of all clubs finances is also then made known to each club at the AGM - which is why(?) the AGM doesn't take place until well into November - and all clubs can then see how far 'up s##t creek' they really are!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Don't want Nicholls. Plus didn't work in 2012 with that combination !

dont want Harris but you have to take who they put in you can't just blame 2012 on Scott there were 6 other riders in the team
  • Like 4

dont want Harris but you have to take who they put in you can't just blame 2012 on Scott there were 6 other riders in the team

Scott actually rode well in 2012 and upped his average (well it couldn't have got much worse than his time at Swindon)

Wasn't Scott having a lot of personal problems in 2011 when he rode for Swindon as Sophie was going through a rough time? I know it shouldn't have affected his speedway form but I'm sure it probably did so I have more sympathy for him than some Robins fans. I was also quite surprised he signed for Swindon as it never seemed to be one of his favourite tracks and he often struggled there when riding for Coventry.

• Like 3

Wasn't Scott having a lot of personal problems in 2011 when he rode for Swindon as Sophie was going through a rough time? I know it shouldn't have affected his speedway form but I'm sure it probably did so I have more sympathy for him than some Robins fans. I was also quite surprised he signed for Swindon as it never seemed to be one of his favourite tracks and he often struggled there when riding for Coventry.

I wouldn't take any notice of 'Mr Bitter of Swindon' Gem, he's hardly one to scoff when you read about the state his club was in, in 2013. At least we paid our riders! :rolleyes:

Edited by Jacques

Have you ever considered it might be quite good fun speculating and creating one's own teams, rather than what you term as 'pie in the sky predictions'.....take a chill pill...

Perfectly chilled thanks an yes I've considered it and then thought I can't be arsed with pie in the sky predictions. I've better things to do such as watching paint dry but you fill your boots if that's what wets your dry patch.

I wouldn't take any notice of 'Mr Bitter of Swindon' Gem, he's hardly one to scoff when you read about the state his club was in, in 2013. At least we paid our riders! :rolleyes:

That is your second personal attack lady! If you read my post I actually said that Scott rode well in 2012 but don't let that get in the way of your rants! :rolleyes: